The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When We Click Good

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

When We Click Good Empty
PostSubject: When We Click Good   When We Click Good EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 6:54 pm

Results are Coming

DESPITE the Greens’ disappointing recent run of results, Argyle manager Ryan Lowe is in no doubt that his players will turn their form around.

The Pilgrims’ gaffer admits that he shares the frustrations of the Green Army after a stuttering start to the season, but is confident that a change in fortunes is around the corner – an argument that the statistics seem to support.

“If we’re sitting here and creating three or four chances a game, it’s worrying,” said Lowe. “But, we’re sitting here getting 39 entries into the opposition box [against Cheltenham], so it isn’t worrying.

“We know that the last little bit is putting the ball in the back of the net. Is it clicking? I think we’ve played a lot of good football, attacking play, and most of the games we lead the possession stats, cross, shots, all the way. There isn’t enough on target, but the creating of chances is very good.”

Argyle’s conversion of opportunities remains a stumbling block, as evidenced by their disappointing defeat to Cheltenham on Saturday. The Greens were dominant in their 2-0 defeat to the Robins, a view that was apparently shared by the opposition manager.

“I read a quote from Michael Duff [Cheltenham manager] saying that we’re going to be there or thereabouts,” said Lowe. “He told us after the game that he wasn’t expecting that – he expected a thumping, really. That’s not because he’s going against his side, but he thought that they were in for a rough ride, and they were. But we didn’t score, and he comes away with the two goals and the three points.

“It’s frustrating at times. I come in after the press conferences frustrated, and then, I look at it back and get a smile on my face. What these boys are doing, they’re giving us everything. It’s that last little bit.

“In terms of clicking, it might just be that one ruthless edge where -bang, it’s a goal, after five, ten, or fifteen minutes, and then it might be a confidence thing where we kick on, we’ll wait and see if that’s the case.

“If the goal was a little bit bigger, we’d have been alright, wouldn’t we? But, listen, we’re not far off.”
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

When We Click Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: When We Click Good   When We Click Good EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Hmmm, Derek was always keen on our stats and on pushing injured players to play.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

When We Click Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: When We Click Good   When We Click Good EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 6:57 pm

Hmmm, Derek was always keen on our stats and on pushing injured players to play.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

When We Click Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: When We Click Good   When We Click Good EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Yeah and pushing Reid to play when injured really fecked him up worse,
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

When We Click Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: When We Click Good   When We Click Good EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:48 am

It's the modern way I got sacked from a site once for going home half way through a shift with a bad back. I got told if I had a really bad back I'd be unable to leave the site under my own steam. There most he loads more pressure if you're getting paid two grand a week or more.
Back to top Go down

When We Click Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: When We Click Good   When We Click Good EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 12:11 pm

Jethro wrote:

all because he was too stubboen to bring in another striker so reuben could recover with no added pressure. Matt came in too late by the time he did.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

When We Click Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: When We Click Good   When We Click Good EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

all because he was too stubboen to bring in another striker so reuben could recover with no added pressure. Matt came in too late by the time he did.

Exactly, I mean that's why I agree with Lowe taking people off first sign of an injury and not risking them.

If Adams hadn't ran Reid into the ground injury wise,

Reid might still be here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When We Click Good Empty
PostSubject: Re: When We Click Good   When We Click Good Empty

Back to top Go down

When We Click Good
Page 1 of 1