Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 8:22 am

F*ck business indeed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 11:40 am

Oh no! Goods will be checked at border! A bit like we get checked and goods get checked now? This idea that we haven't had a border with Europe for the last forty seven years is pure fiction. Have any remainers actually visited Europe?
The Gaurdian is the home of project fear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 12:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
This idea that we haven't had a border with Europe for the last forty seven years is pure fiction. Have any remainers actually visited Europe?
The Gaurdian is the home of project fear.

Completely and embarrassingly wrong.

Goods travelling between EU nations do not get checked as we are part of the same customs union. This will remain the case until the end of the year whilst we are in transition period, another fact you've rejected as it doesn't fit your narrative.

Quite what this has to do with remainers visiting Europe is anyones guess, I can only assume you've got membership of the customs union which allows for free movement of goods, which we are a member of and Schengen travel free travel area which we are not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 12:31 pm

How on Earth do you think the automotive industry works ?

truly staggering levels of ignorance and incomprehension.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Absolute hysteria about something that hasn't happened yet Hugh. That is my point. My other point that you choose to ignore (or is it your staggering levels of ignorance tm FB?) is that weve never had an open border despite apparently being in the schengen zone. You can merrily traffic terrorists and arms and explosives across any EU border from Germany to Belgium to France ad in finitum yet we have never, ever, not once had the same situation in the UK. On paper yes in reality no. As for the car industry I'd imagine the checks would go something like this.
Man with clip board sees car transporter with 20 Ford motor cars on board (do we still make American cars here I'm really not sure tbh?) approach him. Holds up hand to stop driver whilst he counts from one to twenty. He then enters the number twenty on said clipboard along with the registration plate of transporter and waves the load through.
On the downside the load behind has had to wait four minutes whilst check is made, on the plus side the guy with the clipboard has a job created by Brexit.
Let's all get hysterical it will achieve a great deal I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 3:41 pm

If your logic is correct then the billions in trade between us and China should cause untold disruption as well Hugh? The EU and us trade with China via WTO rules and some sort of loose working agreement. If we don't get a deal with the EU, and I have my fingers crossed we don't then we will revert to WTO rules. What's the difference other than some wailing Liberal who writes for the Gaurdian and gets all their stories from Facebook has told you that it's going to be a nightmare? Have you ever been to say Liverpool docks? A fraction of the stuff comes from the EU but apart from loads of it getting stolen by scousers most of it gets through without causing the disruption you are predicting.
When something happens then crow all you like until then it's just project fear which we are all bored to tears with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 8:55 am

Holy crap this is difficult. Import checks aren't in the slightest bit as simple as you think. It involves intensive tedious form filling get it wrong your goods aren't getting though, checks for standards usually meaning customs ties stuff up for anywhere between 3-5 days. Not a problem with non perishables like TV's, washings etc e stuff we might import from China.

It becomes a feckin massive problem when you've got food and medicine sat in a lorry park.

Did you know there is only country on Earth that purely trades WTO? Mauritania.

Until someone points a tangible benefit of leaving the largest free trade zone in the world and I don't  mean shit like freedom, Sovereignty and other stuff that has been proven to be a crock of shit, a tangible reason as to how my life will imporve then I'll keep pointing this shit out.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 9:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 10:35 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Holy crap this is difficult. Import checks aren't in the slightest bit as simple as you think. It involves intensive tedious form filling get it wrong your goods aren't getting though, checks for standards usually meaning customs ties stuff up for anywhere between 3-5 days. Not a problem with non perishables like TV's, washings etc e stuff we might import from China.

It becomes a feckin massive problem when you've got food and medicine sat in a lorry park.

Did you know there is only country on Earth that purely trades WTO? Mauritania.

Until someone points a tangible benefit of leaving the largest free trade zone in the world and I don't  mean shit like freedom, Sovereignty and other stuff that has been proven to be a crock of shit, a tangible reason as to how my life will imporve then I'll keep pointing this shit out.

Until someone points out some way that their life has actually been made worse by Brexit I will keep on crying project fear. You see none of the stuff you are on about has actually happened yet. If and when it does happen it will be down to lack of planning pure and simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 am

Because for about the millionth time we are currently in a transition period  where all EU quotas, directives, regulations and customs apply to us until the end of the year. Or longer if it gets extended.

Here's some businesses that have already been affected

Panasonic (Moved its European headquarters from the UK to Amsterdam)
P&O (Shifted the registration of its UK vessels to Cyprus) Sony (Moving European headquarters from the UK to the Netherlands)
AXA (Moved UK staff to Republic due to Brexit)
UBS (Moved €32 billion)
EBA (The European Banking Authority (EBA) closed its Canary Wharf office and will re-open in Paris, France)
Schaeffler (Closed two UK plants because of Brexit)
Flybmi (Went bust, cancelling all flights with immediate effect and blamed Brexit as the main cause of its collapse)
EMA (The European Medicines Agency has closed its doors in the UK with the loss of 900 jobs ahead of Brexit)
MoneyGram (Will move its European headquarters out of London to Brussels) Nissan (Nissan has reversed plans to invest in new manufacturing capacity in the U.K., citing ‘continuing uncertainty’ around Brexit) Toyota (Toyota has said that it could end U.K. production as early as 2023 if the country leaves the European Union without a deal)
Body Shop (Body Shop will be making staff redundant in the UK as they move some of their operations to Europe, ahead of Brexit)
Michelin (Michelin announced plans to close its factory in Dundee in 2020, nearly 50 years after it opened and where 845 people are employed)

/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29