Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 1:39 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
There's deffo something up Johnsons sleeve. Very Happy

Certainly. He knows a deal isnt coming. EU clearly aren't going to accept the latest Bozo bluster. They know it. Bozo knows it.

Bozo writes his request asking for an extension (pick a ditch Bozo) thereby complying with the Benn act and law and relies on Hungary applying the veto on that extension.
Simple as that. We end up walking off a cliff on 31st October

The French and Germans will put pressure on the Hungarians but thats all they can do.  I really hope these fanatics who shout "just leave" really suffer personally when it becomes clear to them the difficulty we will all be in subsequently

The winners.....Hedge Funds that have shorted Sterling and those that want a different coloured passport. You seriously couldnt make this shit up

Hungary aren't going to Veto an extension. The fact is you cannot lean on certain members of a bloc, this has been the case ever since David Davis thought you peel off the Germans so they could continue selling cars to us and with our attempts to bully the Irish.

Meanwhile the IFS have this to say
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 2:45 pm

The blame game has begun, with all sides throwing toys out of the pram.

DUP leader accusing Eire of trying to trap Northern Ireland in a customs union, stating the deal Boris has put forward has flushed out the real intentions of the Irish government.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 3:15 pm

The tactics are pretty clear. They'll be an extension, the Tories will blame parliament and Foreigners for not being able to leave and they'll be a snap election, which they may win but then again they may not.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Unless Johnson just manages to pull the plug on Oct 31st as most of the country want him to.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 3:23 pm

Yep, who knew we were voting for a deal 3 and a half years ago Cool
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
The tactics are pretty clear. They'll be an extension, the Tories will blame parliament and Foreigners for not being able to leave and they'll be a snap election, which they may win but then again they may not.

I can't see the point of an extension, the EU aren't budging one iota. It will be a waste of time and increase the already heightened nervousness of UK business.

Boris (or Corbyn via a no confidence vote) might as well call for the general election immediately. Why bother pussyfooting about now that the EU has forcefully said non.

1)The Tories will probably win an election with a slight majority

2)  The Brexit Party will pull in more than a few votes no doubt

3) Lib Dems will possibly draw some extra votes too

4) I can't see Labour winning - they could have a mare of an election - , not with the track record Corbyn and some of his cabinet have. A great swathe of the population detest Corbyn and view him as a  major security risk

5) The SNP, no change there I expect. For them independence is all that matters deep down, all other stuff is secondary. Brexit just adds more wood to their fire

Bring on an election I say, let's just get it done and over with. I still maintain that should the UK leave with no deal things will work out ok eventually. It will be tough for awhile but, once that has subsided, the country will
be a better place than it is today - if however it does not, then I can see the EU welcoming back the UK with open arms and a " we told you so" .

The EU are making Brexit as difficult as they can, as awful as they can and as bureaucratic as they can. The reason for that is widely known.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 5:35 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Yep, who knew we were voting for a deal 3 and a half years ago Cool

Who knew we were voting to walk off a financial cliff 3 and a half years ago.

Judging by Beth Rigby and the guys on Sky they're of the mind there will be an extension to June offered by the EU but only if the commons agrees to vote on an election/referendum as opposed to no deal.
Zero doubt of the outcome of that.
Can kicked down the road with GE and referendum coming. The fault lies with both sides of the original referendum campaign who lied through their teeth to the electorate

Absolutely nobody voted for this current fiasco. Hopefully Bozo has located the right ditch
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 5:44 am

Doris is such a liar and coward he could never follow through with the ditch promise.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 6:35 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Judging by Beth Rigby and the guys on Sky they're of the mind there will be an extension to June offered by the EU but only if the commons agrees to vote on an election/referendum as opposed to no deal.

An "election/referendum"?  What is that?  They are hardly the same thing?

Harve himself won't have a clue.  Anybody else have any idea?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 am

Ask me in three weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Brexiteers V Remaniacs has as all the hallmarks of a new and exciting civil wor. What with Trump desperate for a ruck with anything and anyone, KJU desperate for a nuclear war, and Brazil's PM desperate to destroy the worlds largest green lung, I can't think of a more exciting time to be alive and be part of this despicable race called Hooman Beengs.

How lovely. How exciting. How feckin depressing!

No one's getting out of this alive Laughing

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 6:12 am

Just shows how much Sterling will move on any chatter of a potential new deal yesterday. Am I the only one who is thinking that even if Bozo and Leo can crunch a deal it then has to go back to the whole EU for approval.

At that point the bigger problem arrives of getting it through Parliament. Bozo removing the whip from 21 of his Tories could turn out to be fatal error

Odds on that even if we get to that point it'll be rejected again
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 11:40 am

Bojo has played a blinder by insisting deal or no deal, what a shame we wasted three years with apologetic hand wringing and gutless negotiating.
MPs will have to make the decision on deal or no deal, serves the feckers right.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 1:18 pm

Nicola Sturgeon has stated that she will not back a Corbyn led government - in whatever form - unless he submits a pledge to let Scotland have another independence referendum. She goes on to say Boris has got to go and an election called, she added that she will put in a request to the UK government this year to hold a Scottish independence referendum.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 1:37 pm

I was hoping Jezzer and Kier Starmer were hopefully going to at least take any deal brought back seriously but with DUP not exactly over the moon and SNP the and Lib Dems no chance I just cant see anything getting through the commons.
As quickly as Sterling rose thursday and friday its quite capable of dumping 5 cents again just as quick
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Yep let's hope so.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 5:18 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Nicola Sturgeon has stated that she will not back a Corbyn led government - in whatever form - unless he submits a pledge to let Scotland have another independence referendum.  She goes on to say Boris has got to go and an election called, she added that she will put in a request to the UK government this year to hold a Scottish independence referendum.

Personally with all the SNP's me, me, me, about Brexit and how it will effect Scotland I think if they have a referendum about independence then all of the UK should be given the vote as it will effect all of the UK.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Let them leave..... then we can bring back all the jobs that we transferred north of the border to help them out....such as official government departments and of course Naval installations.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 10:53 pm

Why should Sturgeon get another referendum on Brexit or Indy? She ignored the indyref one that they lost, she's ignored our Brexit referendum and now she wants two more? Best of five? Hypocritical twat of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 11:11 pm

A, last minute deal will happen. Its all a load of blether
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 11:53 am

Whatever our views on the shortfalls of Government no matter what side of the fence we sit on the pomp and ceremony we just witnessed in the Lords with the Queens speech is simply unrivalled anywhere in the world.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 12:36 pm

Is this when the Queen is going to sack Bojo Harve?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 1:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Is this when the Queen is going to sack Bojo Harve?

Not before time when she does. Going to be fun and games this Saturday in the Commons make no mistake we're gonna need additional popcorn supplies.
The smart money (Sterling traders) are clearly today not so gung ho on any potential deal getting through the commons this month
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 2:30 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Nicola Sturgeon has stated that she will not back a Corbyn led government - in whatever form - unless he submits a pledge to let Scotland have another independence referendum.  She goes on to say Boris has got to go and an election called, she added that she will put in a request to the UK government this year to hold a Scottish independence referendum.

Personally with all the SNP's me, me, me, about Brexit and how it will effect Scotland I think if they have a referendum about independence then all of the UK should be given the vote as it will effect all of the UK.

She is basically pointing the loaded gun at the head of Corbyn. Last night on 5live, this very topic was talked about for awhile and three Scottish callers were having a right old pop at each - two for leave the UK, one for remaining - and it was a pure popcorn moment.

Moving on to today, Corbyn has already said he will vote down whatever Boris has to offer, while the DUP are throwing the toys out of the pram. And for all that and more, we will no doubt remain where we are - in limboland.

Or at least until an election is called. Not a second referendum though, not needed and not wanted.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 4:02 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

She is basically pointing the loaded gun at the head of Corbyn. Last night on 5live, this very topic was talked about for awhile and three Scottish callers were having a right old pop at each - two for leave the UK, one for remaining - and it was a pure popcorn moment.

Moving on to today,  Corbyn has already said he will vote down whatever Boris has to offer, while the DUP are throwing the toys out of the pram. And for all that and more, we will no doubt remain where we are - in limboland.

Or at least until an election is called. Not a second referendum though, not needed and not wanted.

I think it may have to end up in another referendum, same result as last time but MPs MUST agree to honour the outcome. The result is why the second ref has gone off the boil because they know the result they will get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 16 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next