Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 10:32 am

There could be an election called when they all return to school in September, a no confidence vote looks likely to penned against Boris. Corbyn is seeking assurances from Sir Mark Sedwill on an anti-democratic abuse of power regarding Brexit taken place during a campaign.

LINK
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 10:50 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Now just one quarter period officially away from recession after figures today showed we contracted 0.2%
Just utter insanity walking off a cliff with no deal and cutting off our biggest trading partner.

Frankly its close to treason if Boris deliberately calls this election forcing us off the Eiger in the interim period.

We're leaving YES but we do it in an orderly manner FFS

Blame it on the Remainer MPs Harve. THEY voted to activate article 50 in 2017, since then they have blocked every avenue open to them on a deal, they don't want a deal they want to stay in, the default position is we leave with no deal on Oct 31 as they voted for with article 50. I agree it's a ridiculous situation we could have voted to leave in stages over say three years but MPs have dug their heels in and this is the result.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 10:54 am

VillageGreen wrote:
There could be an election called when they all return to school in September, a no confidence vote looks likely to penned against Boris. Corbyn is seeking assurances from Sir Mark Sedwill on an anti-democratic abuse of power regarding Brexit taken place during a campaign.

LINK

The spanner in these works is that no one likes Corbyn now not even in his own party, I think in an election Bojo would blow him out of the water anyway.
Save the fox Mr Cox the legal eagle attorney general believes they won't block leaving on the 31st as they have already voted to do so. Pesky democracy getting in the way of MPs it's a bastard innit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 3:00 pm

Johnson might not even hold his own seat in a GE. That would be too funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 10:47 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
More scare stories by remainers.

Dear oh dear wake up chap lol !!
We are walking off a cliff with no deal now highly possible. Project fear/scare stories have you actually seen the state of Sterling thats no scare story thats whats happening right now and time a no deal is confirmed we could well be sub parity with the Euro and 1.10 to the USD. That affects us worldwide in any transaction

Just in case you'd forgotten I voted out but bitterly regret it

Sterling will recover it always does, don’t forget in 2008/9 the rate went as low as 1.03, no sodding Brexit to blame then.
Such a pity Boris and his like weren’t the negotiators from the start we would have been out by now and reaping the benefits, as there will be.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:42 am

VillageGreen wrote:
The Labour Party are embroiled in a new row, this time over indyref2.

Shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, has stated that Labour would not be opposed to another referendum taking place. The Scottish Labour leader, Richard Leonard, hit back saying there is no case for another referendum in Scotland.

Nicola Sturgeon - lol! -  has said there is now a growing urgency for Scottish independence due to Boris being PM and her nemesis, Brexit. She keeps forgetting that the Brexit vote was a UK wide vote, not a come as you please vote.

Well, we now know in clear terms that Labour would like to break up the UK following the statement made by McDonnell.

Read more here and here and here

Labour will likely need the support of the SNP to form a government and the people of Scotland are more likely to vote to stay in the union because of that situation.

With Boris, or any other Tory government and the UK out of the EU, they will have a referendum and they will leave.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

LINK

The spanner in these works is that no one likes Corbyn now not even in his own party, I think in an election Bojo would blow him out of the water anyway.
Save the fox Mr Cox the legal eagle attorney general believes they won't block leaving on the 31st as they have already voted to do so. Pesky democracy getting in the way of MPs it's a bastard innit?

The Labour party under Corbyn will cleanse itself of the MP's who have worked endlessly to undermine him.

The bliarite types are little better than tories who love feeding at the trough of the corporations.

It may take another few years but Labour is going back to its roots and when things get bad enough for the middle classes, they will turn to Labour to rebuild a fairer society for all.

Johnson and co framing a GE as The People v The Politicians, is the biggest con and insult of all........wait til the NHS is further privatised, workers' rights are in the bin and public services decimated and they'll realise they've been 'had' by the Eton Mess.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:52 pm

How sexist is Caroline Lucas mooting an all female cabinet to help all us nasty blokes out of the Brexit mess? This really gets on my tits, people are people, men or women there are good and bad it really is that simple. The only thing I'd add to that is the most vicious and immoral business person I ever worked for was a woman, she hated all men openly and had a Nool like persona that could justify any underhand action in the name of business. We need someone to heal rifts not open new ones.
it's the only way she'd ever get in power I guess?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Does my memory serve me correctly or not....wasn't it a women that got us into this mess in the first place.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
How sexist is Caroline Lucas mooting an all female cabinet to help all us nasty blokes out of the Brexit mess? This really gets on my tits, people are people, men or women there are good and bad it really is that simple. The only thing I'd add to that is the most vicious and immoral business person I ever worked for was a woman, she hated all men openly and had a Nool like persona that could justify any underhand action in the name of business. We need someone to heal rifts not open new ones.
it's the only way she'd ever get in power I guess?

Apparently she only asked for white woman to join her cabinet. So she is not only anti Brexit, anti democracy, anti male but racist as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Corbyn to call a vote no confidence when he, and they, all return in September.

Plenty of debate on this from LBC and BBC radio.

Corbyn reckons he can hold together a temporary coalition government and put a spanner in the works of Brexit.

Another general election, followed by another referendum anyone ?

The Liberal Democratic leader, jo Swinson, rubbished Corbyn's plan

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Corbyn is as deluded as the rest of them, I also see that Totnes Tory darling Woolaston is now getting a roasting from all sides after flip flopping around the parties like a stranded Mullet. Bercrow is still stirring the shit from the sidelines saying how he won't allow Brexit using his impartiality against the forces of evil. I think if this goes on past Oct 31st it must go back to the people but as a vote to stay in, leave with a deal or leave with no deal but on the understanding the very next day the result is acted on and let the country get on with whatever the result is. This is literally killing us.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 11:02 am

Another alternative springs up
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 5:46 pm

Uh-oh.

By 48% to 35% Britons would rather have No Deal and no Corbyn

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 9:54 am

Who do they ask in these polls?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 11:34 am

The actual voters not MPs and Newspaper editors. Everybody I know thought they were voting for no deal, and here's a thing if you actually plan for no deal and say have a graduated exit over three years there is no need for the cliff edge element. If and when we do crash out any of the shock to the economy in my eyes lies very clearly with everybody who has done everything in their power to ignore the referendum result.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Everybody I know thought they were voting for no deal,

I find it incredulous that remainers use the "voters didn't know they were voting for a possible no deal exit" argument.  Wtf?  What did they think?  That leavers were voting to leave, only on the EU's terms and only with EU approval?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 7:23 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
The actual voters not MPs and Newspaper editors. Everybody I know thought they were voting for no deal,.

Rarely do I venture into political stuff but that is absolute bollacks !!  People voted to leave. I voted to leave (mistakenly) but google records the fact that it was one entire year after the referendum result before anyone searched "no deal"

We voted to leave but obviously in an orderly manner not walking off a cliff. Some need to do some basic online research into just one aspect of no deal and thats security. Complete block as regards all shared Terrorist activity across the EU. What fecking planet are we on to assume this is all fine and dandy

Its complete and utter insanity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 7:57 am

I don't believe for one minute we will cease to share intel on terrorist activity, Harve. We will still work with Europe on may levels. Security guaranteed to be one of them.

It's their bent bananas they can feck off with! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 10:30 pm

It has been said that the UK supplies more intel to the EU than it gets back so if they block us it is the EU that will lose out.

What the BBC fails to say in every piece of anti Brexit propaganda they peddle is the EU refuses to remove the backstop when the deal has been rejected 3 times. If it stays then the UK effectively breaks up because NI will be treated differently by the EU.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
The actual voters not MPs and Newspaper editors. Everybody I know thought they were voting for no deal,.

Rarely do I venture into political stuff but that is absolute bollacks !!  People voted to leave. I voted to leave (mistakenly) but google records the fact that it was one entire year after the referendum result before anyone searched "no deal"

We voted to leave but obviously in an orderly manner not walking off a cliff. Some need to do some basic online research into just one aspect of no deal and thats security. Complete block as regards all shared Terrorist activity across the EU. What fecking planet are we on to assume this is all fine and dandy

Here's the question asked,

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?
I don't see how anybody could get confused over that? Cameron had the referendum on the understanding that if the EU didn't offer us a deal then we would ask the people. It couldn't have been any clearer.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 10:02 am

Interesting times ahead for England and Wales.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 2:22 pm

If Corbyn fails to win the no confidence vote in September, I think the UK will be leaving with a no deal on October 31st.

One or two police forces are alreading preparing for a no deal situation, with possible protests on the streets turn a tad nasty.

Now the farmers have been told they will lose £850 million in profit.

LINK

Meanwhile, Boris has told it straight to Donald Tusk regarding the Irish backstop.

LINK
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 2:50 pm

If only I was rich like Farage and de Pffeffel I could make a mint on this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 9:01 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Here's the question asked,

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?
I don't see how anybody could get confused over that? Cameron had the referendum on the understanding that if the EU didn't offer us a deal then we would ask the people. It couldn't have been any clearer.

Complete and utter rubbish, there was absolutely no talk of no deal until Theresa May started up her "no deal is better than a bad deal". Up until then everyone was arguing to remain members of the single market and that we held all the cards, it would be the easiest deal in history and they would be desperate to sell us cars.

Cameron offered a referendum in 2015 as a short term fix to head off the worry of losing seats to Farage, which didn't in the event happen. He didn't expect to have to carry it out because he thought either Ed Miliband would be Prime Minister or he would be in another coalition with the Lib Dems who would block it and he could then blame them.

So having committed to the damn thing he calls it loses it and then runs off to let someone else fix the damage.

Cameron had previous to this extracted some concessions from the EU,

however the trouble is, nothing is ever good enough for that wing of the party. Johnson will find this out as did May when reality hit and she found out a bad deal is actually better than no deal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 2 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next