Lord Tisdale
Coxside_Green
argylepaul
Pete1886
Tringreen
9 posters
AuthorMessage

What would you do to save our season? Empty
PostSubject: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:32 am

New manager or get some more players in? The mentoring doesn't seem to be working, still not much evidence of tactical changes, I personally worry that we have left it too late, I would still like to take a punt on an experienced manager until the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 am

Iggy wrote:
New manager or get some more players in? The mentoring doesn't seem to be working, still not much evidence of tactical changes, I personally worry that we have left it too late, I would still like to take a punt on an experienced manager until the end of the season.

Sigh............................. led by idiots for idiots I'm afraid.

We can only say things so many times or we get accused of being one trick ponies ! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:41 am

Tell Fletch to get himself match-fit, and offer Neil Warnock a bonus of biblical proportions if he could come in, take over the management role, and keep us up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:02 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Tell Fletch to get himself match-fit, and offer Neil Warnock a bonus of biblical proportions if he could come in, take over the management role, and keep us up.

Sounds like a rational plan................................ not an Argo one though.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:21 am

First of all it would of started before the takeover was complete with players and a proper manager identified and targeted. Then I would make sure these targets were obtained through whatever means necessary even if it means finding a way around the wage cap. Then in December I would review what had been archieved so far and then make additional plans for the transfer window.

Where would the money come from?

The money I saved by not paying the staff up front and anything extra, I would set off against the money that will be lost when the BSP is a reality.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 am

May I suggest Guus Hiddink? Why has he been overlooked? Someone who can take Chelsea to a Champions League semi final, and little South Korea to a World Cup semi final, must have something about them, and I bet he had a big contact book with lots of players, itching to rescue our league status.
As we will be entrusted with the same managerial staff and players, we might as will talk bollocks. I can see Forest Green on the horizon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Quinny posted this on pasoti:

"Just had a look at this site and at the table for the last 15 games played.

W D L F A GD Pts
18 Plymouth 3 7 5 20 21 -1 16
19 Morecambe 3 5 7 17 24 -7 14
20 AFC Wimbledon 3 3 9 14 28 -14 12
21 Hereford 2 5 8 15 22 -7 11
22 Dag & Red 3 2 10 16 28 -12 11
23 Macclesfield 2 3 10 8 21 -13 9
24 Northampton 2 3 10 19 37 -18 9

If we keep that form (and the others theirs) over the last third of the season (even if we've played a game more than the Daggers and the Cobblers), we'll be safe. Bradford's form is on a par with ours, but based on the above we'd overhaul Hereford in the league and not be far behind Macclesfield.
"

Interesting?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:44 pm

knecht wrote:
Quinny posted this on pasoti:

"Just had a look at this site and at the table for the last 15 games played.

W D L F A GD Pts
18 Plymouth 3 7 5 20 21 -1 16
19 Morecambe 3 5 7 17 24 -7 14
20 AFC Wimbledon 3 3 9 14 28 -14 12
21 Hereford 2 5 8 15 22 -7 11
22 Dag & Red 3 2 10 16 28 -12 11
23 Macclesfield 2 3 10 8 21 -13 9
24 Northampton 2 3 10 19 37 -18 9

If we keep that form (and the others theirs) over the last third of the season (even if we've played a game more than the Daggers and the Cobblers), we'll be safe. Bradford's form is on a par with ours, but based on the above we'd overhaul Hereford in the league and not be far behind Macclesfield.
"

Interesting?

As we have 16 games remaining, why not use the last 16 games played as the guage?, that's right, it would blow his argument out of the water as we wouldn't catch Hereford. His post is pointless.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:53 pm

I think you have got enough in the tank to hang on, change is as likely to feck it up as solve a problem, heads down, work hard and get the fans onside should see you safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Too late to change fletch now. Definatley should go at the end of the season though.

I would also get rid of JB. What an awful owner.

Get some proper players in.

Do some sort of ticket scheme to get a few alright crowds for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Dr Who and the Tardis are called for...set programme for 30 games back.

Bring in proper manager from start of season........Reid should have been sacked during the summer.

Fletcher stays player or goes.....releasing a chunk of wages.

Magic forcefield protecting our goal from ball entering it.

PS...remember to move forcefield at half-time to other end.......it's all a doddle really
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:51 pm

and the resources to fund a new manager, and those new players is coming from where?

Get those buckets out lads, cause I can't see Brent opening his wallet, well not for the footballing side of things down there!! Basketball

You've all forgotten one minor implication too...

THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS NOW FIRMLY SHUT!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Dr Who and the Tardis are called for...set programme for 30 games back.

Bring in proper manager from start of season........Reid should have been sacked during the summer.

Fletcher stays player or goes.....releasing a chunk of wages.

Magic forcefield protecting our goal from ball entering it.

PS...remember to move forcefield at half-time to other end.......it's all a doddle really

By the looks of this season, someone messed up the forcefield plan when Walton won a toss and decided to change ends, but forgot to tell the forcefield operator.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Immediately replace Fletcher the Clueless with a manager i.e. before the next match. There is still enough time for someone to drill that appalling bunch of cloggers into something resembling a team and make them not so piss easy to beat! This is a dog shit division with a lot of attrocious teams, especially in the bottom half. Staying up is possible in theory. In practice, however, with the uninterested, non-investing brent and his useless 'board' being advised by the pasoti superfans, survival is not possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
Immediately replace Fletcher the Clueless with a manager i.e. before the next match. There is still enough time for someone to drill that appalling bunch of cloggers into something resembling a team and make them not so piss easy to beat! This is a dog shit division with a lot of attrocious teams, especially in the bottom half. Staying up is possible in theory. In practice, however, with the uninterested, non-investing brent and his useless 'board' being advised by the pasoti superfans, survival is not possible.

Don't sit on the fence Freathy lol!

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm

The main requirement is an experienced manager. Someone who can mould the current players into a half decent unit. Without that I really do fear for our future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:55 am

It's too late in the day to change manager now, it should have been done when the takeover was completed. Now we are stuck with what we have, and we have to hope we cling on by the skin of our teeth.

We have no experience on the training ground, and that shows up horribly in our performances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:17 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
The main requirement is an experienced manager. Someone who can mould the current players into a half decent unit. Without that I really do fear for our future.

No moulding time left.........just need a new man and the feel good factor you get from a new manager......and then hang on to finish 22nd.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:29 am

If the club's league status is not worth a big bonus to someone like Grayson or Warnock to keep us up, I really despair of our club, its owner and his advisors. Either one of those two would bring the necessary quality of loan player in, to make a difference at this awful level.

Fletch seems thick and uninspiring. Perhaps that's what appeals ?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:36 am

If we're going to persevere with an inexperienced manager then he needs to be financially backed enough so he doesn't fail. The only option left would appear to be more coaching staff. Give him what he needs Brent, immediately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:00 pm

I think a rocket up some arses might help, there is too much acceptance that we are crap, but it's ok 'cos it's not our fault. Look at Luggy fuming at the draw the other day, we would see that as a positive result, shoot for the stars an all that.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Reality check!there will be no change of manager-Brent has been consistent on his backing for Fletch.Brent has sanctioned new players coming in,and from where I'm sitting Fletcher has made good signings so far.Would agree about J.D though hard to see what role he plays currently,but hey we got a 4-0 away win so who cares if Fletch talks bollocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Fletcher talks bollox. That's the kind of language I like to hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:07 pm

I've tried raising some cash but no luck yet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do to save our season?   What would you do to save our season? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you do to save our season?
Page 1 of 1