Geezer
sufferedsince 68
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

There's three scenarios that would explain why Si chucked in another £3.5m.
1) we are losing between £1m and £2m a year (which with our crowds seems quite unbelievable).
2) under Brent we had quite frankly massive debts for a club our size and that is what was needed to bring the balance sheet level.
3) the mankover went over budget by that amount.

I'm torn between two and three, maybe it's a mix of the two? I'd love to hear from Si the real Brent takeover story, he's been very careful not to mention it too much other than to thank Brent for his stewardship but I reckon there's a good book there one day.

Lol. Only three scenarios?

How about the obvious scenario that Argyle haven't had any revenue for the past 5 months and is unlikely to have very much more in the next five months either.

As for "the book". I doubt there is much more than a paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 7:55 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

1) we are losing between £1m and £2m a year (which with our crowds seems quite unbelievable).
2) under Brent we had quite frankly massive debts for a club our size and that is what was needed to bring the balance sheet level.

I'm torn between two and three, maybe it's a mix of the two? I'd love to hear from Si the real Brent takeover story, he's been very careful not to mention it too much other than to thank Brent for his stewardship but I reckon there's a good book there one day.

How about the obvious scenario that Argyle haven't had any revenue for the past 5 months and is unlikely to have very much more in the next five months either.

As for "the book".  I doubt there is much more than a paragraph.

We lost seven games and loads of fans wrote off their refunds, fair enough we lost seven times match day income but you'd have to be an idiot to think it added up to £3.5m. Anyway I don't remember Si saying it was all to cover Covid losses?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 8:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

We lost seven games and loads of fans wrote off their refunds, fair enough we lost seven times match day income but you'd have to be an idiot to think it added up to £3.5m. Anyway I don't remember Si saying it was all to cover Covid losses?

I think he said that it safeguards Argyle for the next 12-18 months should the zero crowds/limited crowds continue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 9:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

they didnt even offer the right amoubt for the home games missing in my case. still taking that up with the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 10:22 pm

oh well Exeter missed out on £500,000 tonight. Maybe in Brentford sell Watkins which might happen as i can see clubs like West Ham being interested in him they will get a pay day that way.An ex argyle player Joe Bryan made sure they stay skint...twice.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 10:38 am

Angry wrote:
oh well Exeter missed out on £500,000 tonight. Maybe in Brentford sell Watkins which might happen as i can see clubs like West Ham being interested in him they will get a pay day that way.An ex argyle player Joe Bryan made sure they stay skint...twice.

I think teams would have been in for him regardless of last nights result.

Vaguely remember a 20% sell-on clause Exeter having on him. They'll be praying he's sold. £4m on a £20m sale keeps Exeter alive for the next year or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 10:59 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

I think teams would have been in for him regardless of last nights result.

Vaguely remember a 20% sell-on clause Exeter having on him. They'll be praying he's sold. £4m on a £20m sale keeps Exeter alive for the next year or two.

Brentford wont want to sell him yet but they wont turn down a big offer for him at the sametime but will west ham for example offer £20m for him that i cant see amount given the current climate they arent stupid like man utd offering sancho £340,000 a week!

having said that ive just seen sky sports news say he has a buy out clause in his contract if a club come s in with £18m or above so that might be more tempting to clubs knowing they wont have to barter much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 5:08 pm

the word retarded cant be used enough to describe the fools who put that together lmao

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 11:30 am

Christ who compiled that video ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 11:51 am

Graiser wrote:
Christ who compiled that video ?

i thought at first it was done by an argyle fan lol
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 11:22 am

Hull City have had bid for Randell Williams at Exeter turned down...a lot of clubs looking at the winger. Expect Championship bids to follow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 11:52 am

Tgwu wrote:
Hull City have had bid for Randell Williams at Exeter turned down...a lot of clubs looking at the winger. Expect Championship bids to follow

He destroyed us when we played them very good player. Exeter are in for another payday with him.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 2:52 pm

What a f-ing mess that kit is.

The shirt is all over the place and if you're gonna do stripes cos that's your thing, then do it all the way up like the football shirt gods intended. Do not get a couple of council line painters in that stop when they get to the shitty carpetright advert and don't know where to go next so just bin the job off. Sleeves wrong, collar bleurgh, that black stripe up the sides why and I didn't see the back but I'm guessing it's straight red. Which is exactly what any sane football kit referee should show that shirt, a straight fecking red card. Look Exeter fans I know that teams wearing red and white shirts are incapable of winning playoffs (is it 32 out of 32 or something after yours and Brentford's mess ups this season) but don't try and hate it in some sort of sneaky attempt to beat the curse. We all know you're a red and white stripe kind of team. Embrace it, done right they look damn smart. But burn this abomination, burn it, use it as emergency bog roll, whatever, but for feck sakes don't wear it. Are you actively looking for us to take the piss. Because that's what we'll do. Even your mum's will laugh at you if you step outside your front doors in it. Don't do it.

Which is a shame because the shorts are perfectly acceptable and those socks are aces.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Greenlander wrote:
What a f-ing mess that kit is.

The shirt is all over the place and if you're gonna do stripes cos that's your thing, then do it all the way up like the football shirt gods intended. Do not get a couple of council line painters in that stop when they get to the shitty carpetright advert and don't know where to go next so just bin the job off. Sleeves wrong, collar bleurgh, that black stripe up the sides why and I didn't see the back but I'm guessing it's straight red. Which is exactly what any sane football kit referee should show that shirt, a straight fecking red card. Look Exeter fans I know that teams wearing red and white shirts are incapable of winning playoffs (is it 32 out of 32 or something after yours and Brentford's mess ups this season) but don't try and hate it in some sort of sneaky attempt to beat the curse. We all know you're a red and white stripe kind of team. Embrace it, done right they look damn smart. But burn this abomination, burn it, use it as emergency bog roll, whatever, but for feck sakes don't wear it. Are you actively looking for us to take the piss. Because that's what we'll do. Even your mum's will laugh at you if you step outside your front doors in it. Don't do it.  

Which is a shame because the shorts are perfectly acceptable and those socks are aces.

im thinking they had a different home shirt lined up then flybe went too shit and they made this one to accommodate the sponsor as carpet right in its current logo wouldn't work so well on stripes.... might explain why they kept last years away kits also.

Nonetheless that promo vid is so bad i cant imagine greeks are happy about it.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 4:09 pm

CLUB NEWS ! Entry to our pre-season friendly with Exeter City FC on Tuesday 25th August will be with a pre-purchased ticket only.

We are limited to 450 spectators for the match and the tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis at £10 each, cash or card payment and there will be no concessions.

These can be purchased from the Club Office at the ground on the following dates and times.

Saturday 22nd August 10:00-12:00

Sunday 23rd August 11:00-14:00

Monday 24th August 11:00-14:00
Tiverton

Upon purchasing your tickets you will be asked for your name and a contact phone number in line with Track & Trace guidelines and we ask that you all support our volunteer stewards by respecting the social distancing rules whilst in the ground on matchday.

We must state that spectators that do not have tickets will be refused entry into the ground on matchday. We also regret to inform you that we have taken the decision to NOT open either of our bars or our refreshment areas on matchday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 6:09 pm

So how much do they get for Ollie Watkins Signing for Villa today for £28m rising to £33m
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 8:36 pm

Do we care ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 8:54 pm

Graiser wrote:
Do we care ?

yeap thats why i asked cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 9:44 pm

It's very sad that for years now quality young players have chosen City over Argyle, Hallett obviously realises this now and good to see the youngsters in our squad. Anyway good luck for them in taking a punt on him and hope they have some decent add ons.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:08 am

Just over £5 million on the initial £28m (think they sold him for £1.8m to Brentford, so 20% of £28m - £1.8m= £5.24m). They would then potentially get up to a million from the add ons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 11:46 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Just over £5 million on the initial £28m (think they sold him for £1.8m to Brentford, so 20% of £28m - £1.8m= £5.24m). They would then potentially get up to a million from the add ons.

Thats them kept in business for another couple of years then. I see the city fans on twitter are moaning that none of that money will go towards strengthening their squad for this season so they can finally go up lol.

Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's very sad that for years now quality young players have chosen City over Argyle, Hallett obviously realises this now and good to see the youngsters in our squad. Anyway good luck for them in taking a punt on him and hope they have some decent add ons.

Interesting to note that Exeter City had 10 graduates from their Academy in the squad against Swindon Town last night, with two of them scoring in the 4-3 win. Having a successful Academy doesn't just mean producing them, it also involves playing them and/or making sure they develop by loaning them out to good local football clubs who play at an appropriate tier level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 1:29 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Anyone fancying a £50 wager? If Exeter finish above Plymouth, you donate to a charity of my choice, if Plymouth finish above Exeter, I'll donate £50 to one of your choice?

Yep I’ll take that, so make sure you save your pocket money, my Charity is Rowcroft Hospice

Great. Adam Stansfield foundation for me.

Has Geezer paid up?

as city fans are piping up now just a reminder
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:32 pm

funny exeter gif that i cant upload on here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:45 pm

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Anyone fancying a £50 wager? If Exeter finish above Plymouth, you donate to a charity of my choice, if Plymouth finish above Exeter, I'll donate £50 to one of your choice?

Yep I’ll take that, so make sure you save your pocket money, my Charity is Rowcroft Hospice

Great. Adam Stansfield foundation for me.

Has Geezer paid up?

as city fans are piping up now just a reminder

No the cheapskate git hasn’t, I posted on exweb a couple of months ago but no response, just no class at all.
Looks like they’re making their usual error in assuming they’ve won the league again October.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.
Page 18 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next