Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.

Go down 
+13
downthetrack
Greenskin
Dougie
Czarcasm
`rgill
Nick
Chemical Ali
Freathy
argylepaul
Rickler
Tgwu
lawnmowerman
Tringreen
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Dougie wrote:
I predict that someone will mention that our drummer was better than their drummer

Didn't hear any drumming at all,but i'm half deaf at the moment anyway.Hard earned point,Barnet always the more threatening throughout.Argyle chances pretty rare,McDonald missed a sitter,was unlucky with one blocked on the line,apart from that only a few bits and pieces.Cole made a decent save or two,Barnet thundered the woodwork twice.Not a game that will linger long in the memory but out of the bottom three,wins are urgently needed though-i think this could well go to the wire.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Freathy wrote:
Some still don't believe we will be ejected from the football league. Even after tonight's pathetic debacle. It wasn't a must win they'll say. We're out of the bottom 2 they'll say (ignoring the fact we're actually joint bottom on points and the teams below us have a game in hand). We're now edging into March and we're still BOTTOM! What will Argo fans do? Fack all that's what! I bet that posh banker scumbag brent and his useless 'board' will still be made welcome in the Dem'port by the cap doffing, ever so grateful, "at least we still got Argo to support" aviva mugs.

WE HAVE NOT BEEN SAVED

BRENT OUT
FLETCHER OUT

lol! Priceless you are Freathy,priceless.And usually correct,unfortunately. What a Face

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:03 pm

We were the better side. We should have won. At least a couple of excellent chances missed. A desperate block on the line by Barnet. Hourihane was pretty good. Young made up for last week's debacle.Hemmings had his quiet moments but overall had a good game. Barnet were unbeaten in four. If we carry on like that we are safe. (Now isn't that an open goal for you to continue to say 'we didn't win', 'Barnet are rubbish', 'Fletcher out', etc?)

It wasn't a great performance but there was enough good things there to make me feel more positive. Maybe I was taken in by an open and evenly fought game but it was an enjoyable match to watch considering where we are.

The match also contained one of the refereeing decisions that ought to be savoured ..... Hemmings (I think) had beaten his marker close to the by-line, although the bloke had fouled him, he carried on into the box and the drilled cut-back was waiting and the bloody ref blew up for the foul that had happened at least ten minutes earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Sorry about the predictions.

What a boring couple of hours.

I would start with mc donald on the right, hemmings on the left and Tsoumou and Chadders through the middle.. we may score and even win that way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:10 pm

monti wrote:
Sorry about the predictions.

What a boring couple of hours.

I would start with mc donald on the right, hemmings on the left and Tsoumou and Chadders through the middle.. we may score and even win that way

I wasn't bored but then maybe I'm easily satisfied. Not a classic but we are one of the bottom clubs with bargain basement players scrapping for points.

I wasn't that impressed by MacDonald. His bustling may upset defenders. My opinion is that he would be better as an impact substitute, maybe with Lennox if he was fit. I would have Tsoumou to start also - big bugger and with some skill. If he didn't get anywhere then the introduction of the different styles of MacDonald &/or Lennox might upset the rhythm of defenders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:03 am

The Ref didn't make one glaring blunder with playing advantage knecht he made two. Sandwiched in between was an advantage played for Barnet which is what incensed the crowd more than anything. Once again we got a shocker but it doesn't disguise the fact we could not score. There were some decent performances out there and overall we might have taken the points but the end product was poor when we should have done better. Still, not a loss and we are not in the bottom two so it could have been worse. Not a lot worse but worse nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:12 am

The game in hand that the Dags have is against Northampton,so your still well in the shit Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:13 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
The Ref didn't make one glaring blunder with playing advantage knecht he made two. Sandwiched in between was an advantage played for Barnet which is what incensed the crowd more than anything. Once again we got a shocker but it doesn't disguise the fact we could not score. There were some decent performances out there and overall we might have taken the points but the end product was poor when we should have done better. Still, not a loss and we are not in the bottom two so it could have been worse. Not a lot worse but worse nonetheless.

I'd agree with that. Yes, the first non-advantage set the tone for the second one - which I thought was the worst one, if only because it was in a much more threatening place.

During the period of the five Barnet corners, as well as at other points, I kept on thinking we bloody well need a keeper who can boss the area, his defence and the opposition. I thought Cole at crosses was woeful. He made a couple of decent saves but that's not all a keeper should do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:51 am

I wouldn't shout too loudly yourself Downthetrack. Not exactly flying high are you so suggest you take a lingering look at your own form.

I have to say knecht I have never liked Cole. He comes for almost nothing in his box and when he does he is not commanding and often it is a disaster he gets nowhere near. Shot stopper yes but the rest of his game is not good. Larreau used to be a bit the same as that so if he is coaching Cole then perhaps that explains it. The Ref apart, they did look like scoring more than we did most of the time but if only the chance we got with MacDonald was put away. We could have been smiling tonight. It isn't the end of the world but the fat lady is entering the room once again and will start her warm up soon if we cannot turn draws into a win or two. I think this season will see some of the lowest points ever for relegation the way things are going. The usual mantra of 50 points being safe will be far too many. 45 would be a better judgement unless a few sides suddenly turn their form around.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:29 am

'on another day it would have been a goal' - IT WASNT
'if it had just gone in' - IT DIDNT
'if we'd started with.......' WE DIDNT
'if we had a different manager' - WE HAVENT

Sometimes in football you need to win games, we just dont do that.

Doomed. End of.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:27 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It isn't the end of the world but the fat lady is entering the room once again and will start her warm up soon if we cannot turn draws into a win or two.

Same as the past 2 seasons. We're down.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 am

I'm trusting in that nice James chap.

When he took over he said that this is a big club and that 'we' would provide the financial support required to get back to the level it should perform.

Nikkk had better buy a lot of shirts and pieces of the old Demport wall ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:16 am

Sorry, I'm skint.

Oh, that Nikkk
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:41 am

knecht wrote:
We were the better side. We should have won.

"Barnet hit the woodwork twice as Plymouth held on for a point that kept them above the relegation zone."

'sfunny, this quote from the Beeb suggests you don't seem to have seen the same game as their correspondent, mind you people on Exeweb are saying we didn't deserve a point at County last night when our keeper didn't have a save to make, if you want cheering up take a look at County's goals later, they'll give you and good laugh and make me cry again.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:59 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
knecht wrote:

"Barnet hit the woodwork twice as Plymouth held on for a point that kept them above the relegation zone."

'sfunny, this quote from the Beeb suggests you don't seem to have seen the same game as their correspondent, mind you people on Exeweb are saying we didn't deserve a point at County last night when our keeper didn't have a save to make, if you want cheering up take a look at County's goals later, they'll give you and good laugh and make me cry again.

Saw it on SSN just now,'twas amusing,no question about it. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
knecht wrote:

Yes, and if they had gone in we would have been unlucky.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:38 pm

knecht wrote:
Yes, and if they had gone in we would have been unlucky.

Consensus suggests you were a tad lucky to save the point in one of the games you must have been fancying to nick three, we went to County expecting nowt with our away record yet I was stunned at how poor they were, take the murdering alleged rapist out of the frame and they had no threat at all. This was the game we should have got something from just as yours was a game you should have got more from, these things all add up and come back to bite you. I think we are both in trouble, the sides around each of us are hinting at some real form and have game/games in hand, both situations could go all the way before being settled, me, I'd take a scrap over mid table mediocrity every time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:46 pm

That roberto carlos freekick... My word what a hit son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:54 pm

I know exactly where we went wrong last night. The match thread was missing the key ingredient - it must have Richard Blight in the title.

We've all got our bit to do, you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Sorry Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:02 pm

A point gained for sure. If we can be outside the relegation zone when we play Northampton on March 24th then we have a massive 4 games ahead of us. That's two live games John Deehan would have seen along with, I'm hoping, the last 10-15 games on DVD. You would expect to see some tinkering with personnel and formations bearing in mind he hasn't seen us score yet if he has the expertise that we would expect of the appointment.

It's 2 from 6 for me and we have to play them all.

On a more positive note great to see Crawley dropping out of the relegation places and Southend and Torquay where they are. I hope they both go up.
Back to top Go down
katman

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
A point gained for sure. If we can be outside the relegation zone when we play Northampton on March 24th then we have a massive 4 games ahead of us. That's two live games John Deehan would have seen along with, I'm hoping, the last 10-15 games on DVD. You would expect to see some tinkering with personnel and formations bearing in mind he hasn't seen us score yet if he has the expertise that we would expect of the appointment.

On a more positive note great to see Crawley dropping out of the
Quote :
relegation
places and Southend and Torquay where they are. I hope they both go up.
Eh??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:32 pm

katman wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:

On a more positive note great to see Crawley dropping out of the
Quote :
relegation
places and Southend and Torquay where they are. I hope they both go up.
Eh??

Sorry Kat, relegation on the brain, I've had to look up the meaning of promotion Crying or Very sad

Anyway it will be nice to see that pleasant Mr Evans losing his rag as Crawley drop away from automatic promotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 7:13 pm

The Beeb Correspondent gets his match report from Freathy who listens to a radio commentary and adds his own take. Whereas I was there and I saw the match. Despite the "Shot from Hell" for a keeper and the crossbar still shaking even now, the point wasn't lucky. By the way, to hit a post or crossbar is to miss. The ones that count are the ones that go between the posts not at them. Not unlucky for the shot taker or lucky for the recipient just an shot off target is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:20 pm

So what is coming out of the club about the dire mess it is in ? What plan is there to stop the rot ?
What is going to keep us out of the blue square ?

Apart from "The lads' work-rate and effort was fantastic".

"That's one defeat in five, so we move on, grind away and work hard for Accrington on Saturday."

So naff all then.

SSDD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.   Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnet Predictions? Can turn this thread into the Matchday thread as well.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next