Greenlander
seadog
Earwegoagain
Cornish Rebel
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 4:06 pm

seadog wrote:
FFS! Nobody takes glee in the Argyle bit being delayed, JB's non event is another matter.

Wouldn’t think that reading some of the crap posted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser obviously doesn't even read what he writes himself let alone anything other than what Harve writes.

Deluded as normal ears
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 12:31 am

Jethro wrote:
seadog wrote:
FFS! Nobody takes glee in the Argyle bit being delayed, JB's non event is another matter.

It's clear all of the Argyle building will happen, just will be delayed or rushed and look a bit shit.

Suspect it will actually look rather good if only because of peoples comparison with what was there before. What does need to be done though is replacing the 17 year old faded seats in the horseshoe as currently looks awful and obviously removing bobbys plantation on top

We should do a sweepstake on a date that Bungo states the development is completely finished.

I would go for 15th January 2020
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 7:28 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jethro wrote:
seadog wrote:

It's clear all of the Argyle building will happen, just will be delayed or rushed and look a bit shit.

Suspect it will actually look rather good if only because of peoples comparison with what was there before. What does need to be done though is replacing the 17 year old faded seats in the horseshoe as currently looks awful and obviously removing bobbys plantation on top

We should do a sweepstake on a date that Bungo states the development is completely finished.

Bobby's cabbage patch is a fooking disgrace. How long has it been there now? and no-one gives a shiit! Evil or Very Mad Grips my shit!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 7:42 am

P.O.I wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Jethro wrote:
seadog wrote:

Bobby's cabbage patch is a fooking disgrace. How long has it been there now? and no-one gives a shiit! Evil or Very Mad Grips my shit!

Unreal POI it is 2 medium sized skips and 3 labourers for 1 day to clear it absolute maximum £500. WTF is wrong with our club. Jon Back we are well aware you read these threads. Cmon man you must have some say at this bizarre set up of a club
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 am

Gnome wasn't built in a day. An unfortunate mix of unseasonal weather, Brexit and islamic state have understandably(imo) hampered the intended schedule but as all 3 are thankfully coming to an end progress should rocket quicker than porkies blood pressure at an art exhibition of Andy Symons portraits.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 10:50 am

seadog wrote:

Actually I'm quite interested in the ice rink - live ice hockey is a fun spectator sport.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 11:29 am

MikeWN wrote:
seadog wrote:

Actually I'm quite interested in the ice rink - live ice hockey is a fun spectator sport.

Ditto. I'm a bit of an ice hockey fan. Having relations in Sheffield, I always try to time a visit to take in a Steelers game. Bleddy good night out. Exciting, fast moving and a bit of legal head-butting going on - with a hot dog and a cold beer on the terraces. What's not to like?

Anyway, what Brent has proposed from the start,or is proposing now is fooking embarrassing as far as ice sport facilities goes. If by some miracle anything containing a slab if ice is built, I'd still rather travel to Sheffield rather than step foot in Brent's ice cube, with seats for 5!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 3:04 pm

MikeWN wrote:
seadog wrote:

But that’s the problem. Brent’s Ice Shed isn’t being built to a size and spec sufficient to accommodate any type of Ice Hockey team. It was stated when first announced that it would be “for recreation and possibly Ice Gala events”.

And you know any subsequent re-jig is only going to be cheaper and smaller.

It’s a real shame because I reckon there’d be a lot of interest if a facility was being built capable of giving a home to a Plymouth Ice Hockey team. Sadly anything associated with Brent is never going to have ambition or vision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 3:32 pm

It will look like what it is a shit makeover that will look odd compared to the other stands that are 20 years old and where the real money is spent the fancy shit. It will dawn on the fans soon how little effort and money have gone on the makeover.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 3:36 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Gnome wasn't built in a day. An unfortunate mix of unseasonal weather, Brexit and islamic state have understandably(imo) hampered the intended schedule but as all 3 are thankfully coming to an end progress should rocket quicker than porkies blood pressure at an art exhibition of Andy Symons portraits.

I'd love to hear your reasoning for why ISIS have delayed the refurb? I know some people want to blame Muslims for everything from having to pay 5p for a carrier bag to Real Madrid being knocked out of the Champions League but I didn't realise they had stolen all of the tradesmen in Devon for their business in the middle east.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 3:44 pm

Angry wrote:
It will look like what it is a shit makeover that will look odd compared to the other stands that are 20 years old and where the real money is spent the fancy shit. It will dawn on the fans soon how little effort and money have gone on the makeover.

The horseshoes gonna look shit as well when the mankovers finished with those sun-bleached seats,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 4:36 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I'd love to hear your reasoning for why ISIS have delayed the refurb? I know some people want to blame Muslims for everything from having to pay 5p for a carrier bag to Real Madrid being knocked out of the Champions League but I didn't realise they had stolen all of the tradesmen in Devon for their business in the middle east.

Me thinks you may have been slightly WHOOSHED as far as Les blaming ISIS goes! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Well that went right over your head lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Hook line and sinker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:

The horseshoes gonna look shit as well when the mankovers finished with those sun-bleached seats,

Those stands are in need of a maintenance job very soon as they are starting to look old even at 20.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 10:04 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:

Those stands are in need of a maintenance job very soon as they are starting to look old even at 20.

Yeah but the problem is the money will come out of the player budget, it needs doing though,
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 5:12 am

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:

Wonder how much it would cost to replace those seats.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 8:35 am

Once investment in the squad is completed we could use the extra money from a fully packed Home Park to finish off tarting it up. Personally my arse wouldn't notice if my seat was faded or not. Football not property.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 1:50 pm

There's an absence of any dramatic announcements, but slowly slowly the finish line for this whole saga is being drawn out. In the past 6-12 months our esteemed Project manager has always talked about September being the target date then we started to hear October being mentioned more and more.

Now in the latest soundbite in the Herald he's talking about being quietly confident of being in before Christmas....

“So, sitting here today, I’m quietly confident that we will take over full ownership of all of the facilities in the fourth quarter of this year.

“And then we need to overlay a four to six-week fit-out programme on that.

“Adding all of that up, as long as everything goes to plan and there are no hold-ups that we are not expecting, everybody is hoping that we will see people enjoying these fantastic new facilities this side of Christmas.”

Geddon Bungo.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 2:56 pm

saving a click herald article on the mankover

It is not always visible from the outside, but inside Home Park there is a lot of work going as Plymouth Argyle’s £6.5 million grandstand redevelopment programme makes steady progress.

Plymouth Live football editor Chris Errington was given a behind-the-scenes tour by Jon Back, Argyle’s head of stadium redevelopment (operations), this week.

Here, Back answers six key questions over the redevelopment of the grandstand.

HOW IS THE CONSTRUCTION GOING?
Back said: “From a construction point of view, things are going really well. We look nervously at the weather, but we have factored some of that into the programme.

“As long as we can avoid a Beast from the East this year we should be okay.

“We signed the main contract back on August 9 and almost immediately during the demolition that was taking place, the contractors identified some contaminated spoil underneath.

“That set them back a few weeks so the programme was revised by the end of August, start of September 2018.

“What is remarkable – and it is a genuine achievement from GL Events, our main contractors – is that they are to the day on the schedule that was revised.

“I think that is an achievement at any construction site, let alone at a football stadium, which is enclosed.

“So the construction side of it, we are in a really good place. That’s not to say we are blasé about it.

“We are working with the contractors to make sure the programme is kept to, and that the quality and detail is what we were expecting.”

WILL THE SEATS IN THE LOWER TIER GO ALL THE WAY TO PITCH LEVEL?
Back said: “It’s not until you actually stand at the front of those steels now where you get a real sense of the grand scale of that new lower tier.

“Certainly as a lifelong fan, I have been accustomed to there being both standing and temporary seats on that terrace.

“That led me to a point where I expected to see what I have seen before.

“But this construction of a brand new permanent Mayflower stand there is something completely different to what we have seen before.

“The rake of the stand meets contemporary standards and it’s a lot steeper, which means the sight-lines of everybody sat on the new Mayflower stand will be excellent.

“They go all the way down to pitch level. They extend a bit beyond where the steels are currently, because there is another extension on those steels that are required.

“So the position of those front row of seats will be very similar to the other three stands.

“There will be a six to eight-foot concourse that will then take you up to the pitch perimeter.

“Of course, the really different thing about sitting on that side of the ground is that the new dug-outs are going to be set back into that stand as well.

“All of the fans around the middle part of the stand will be really be close up to both the pitch action and the managerial action.”

WHEN WILL WORK START ON THE NEW ROOF?
Back said: “We are going to see the roof steelwork coming in over the next couple of weeks.

“It has been an awful lot of the stuff that you can’t see since Christmas really. There are some huge foundations that have gone in, both at the front of the stand and at the rear.

“Remember, there is a huge extension happening to the rear of the grandstand, both to extend the lower hospitality area and to provide the club offices.

“There has been a lot of work on excavation, relaying of the utilities and other foundations, so that has been going on.

“But now you are seeing those steels going in, so day-by-day now there is real visible difference to the construction.

“That will be accelerated even more so when we see the steelwork for the roof coming in.

“As we look at it from the Lyndhurst Stand, you will see the steels and the roof going up from the Devonport End down to the Barn Park End.

“The new roof will extend just a touch over four metres more than the old one.

“That is the maximum we can take it without building a new stand or by completely redesigning the stand and cantilevering from the rear of it.

“What it has been designed as though is that when we look at the second phase of this development in years to come and the corners are finished, they will help provide that additional support for us to extend that roof on all the way through to the touchline.”

ARE THE PILLARS IN THE UPPER TIER REALLY NEEDED?
Back said: “They are absolutely essential. The only alternative would have been to have put cantilevers from the rear of the grandstand, in the same way that we have done to the rest of the stadium.

“There are two issues with that. One, it would have looked really ugly against the old stand and I think it would have completely negated the idea of keeping the old grandstand.

“The second thing is that the estimates from the contractors that we have gone with, and with other contractors, was that it was anything between an additional £3million to £5m spend to do that, and that’s money the club hasn’t got.

“Clearly there are pillars there, but it’s the same pillars that have been there since the stand was constructed in the 1950s.

“There are many people whose favoured seats are in the upper tier of the old grandstand and the pillars have never been an issue.”

WHAT WILL BE THE STADIUM CAPACITY?
Back said: “There is an element of that being fluid because we are still looking at some alterations and amendments.

“But I can say with confidence that once the redevelopment is complete, the overall capacity of the stadium will be just in excess of 18,000.”

WHEN WILL THE GRANDSTAND OPEN?
Back said: “As long as the programme continues on the path that it is, and things go well as they currently are, the club will take handover of all of the facilities in the fourth quarter of this year.

“So the date that was scheduled back in September is the date that we are still anticipating taking that on, full handover from the contractors.

“We are then going to have something like a four to six-week final fit out programme where the club will be putting the finishing touches to things and making sure everything works properly.

“Of course, there is a safety sign off process as well.

“The club is overseen by the Safety Advisory Group, which is a local regulatory body that contains all the emergency services and Plymouth City Council.

“There is a number of steps that we will need to go through so that everybody is assured the facilities are safe to use, and that all of the facilities that service them are up to standard and working well.

“So, sitting here today, I’m quietly confident that we will take over full ownership of all of the facilities in the fourth quarter of this year.

“And then we need to overlay a four to six-week fit-out programme on that.

“Adding all of that up, as long as everything goes to plan and there are no hold-ups that we are not expecting, everybody is hoping that we will see people enjoying these fantastic new facilities this side of Christmas.”

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 5:54 pm

It's all just politi-speak bollocks from Bungo.... "taking ownership in the 4th quarter". So that's any time from Oct 1st - Dec 31st.

I know your average dumb Janner is....well, dumb. But just feckin talk straight, man.

Hallett has made a couple of faux paxs when addressing the masses, but in the main he's talked fairly straight. Back would get a lot more respect if he told it a little more like it really is, instead of trying to dress up a 9yr olds crayon drawing as a Picasso.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Not defending the man, and I've personally nothing against him, but, perhaps he's just saying what he's been ordered to say to keep the straw-chewing, smock wearing, pitch-fork wielding Loco's completely brain washed and in awe of the magnificent mankover that rises like a phoenix before our very eyes! Laughing

I'll chuck a tenner in for a completion date of Easter 2020-ish!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm

best in the south west.... thats about the size of the clubs ambition now then and forever isnt it?

ffs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next