Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Joke of a club

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 935
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:27 pm

What's the score with this kids for a quid they have been advertising all week!

They then operate ticket only turnstiles and wont accept the quid for my daughter, instead (despite me being a season ticket holder) telling me to walk half a mile up to the ticket office and que up with a couple of hundred other unfortunates in the same situation as me to pay a pound for a paper ticket.

It's Accy FFS not Arsenal.

Is this club for real?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:34 pm

How would you rate your family match day experience so far Punch? They really are feckin clueless.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 935
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Took one look at the que and then decided to call it a day.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:41 pm

Joke of a club foreshore
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4498
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Hallett's and brent's Argo - shit and rank amateur both on and off the pitch

But look on the bright side - you're not missing anything today.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 4113
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Why theres no point going near the place on the off chance your in the area no cash on the turnstiles and feck queuing whats the point of getting there at 1pm just for a ticket,
give us a chance to turn up to a turnstile at no later then half 2 and allow us to spend some pound notes,
simple really.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:58 pm

The SHITARTIST and myself having a good catch up in the bar, sounds rivetting atvthe theatre of schemes.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3240
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:11 pm

akagreengull wrote:
The SHITARTIST and myself having a good catch up in the bar, sounds rivetting atvthe theatre of schemes.
have a good one chaps you made the right decision by the sounds of it accy have had the better of it and rattled the underside of macys bar while Argo are playing like away side on the break
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3240
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:23 pm

It was only a matter of time FFS 1-0 accy
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4768
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Owned by clowns managed by clowns with clowns disgracing the Greenshirt!! Do something Hallet FFS!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Losing 0 - 3 to awesome Accy, sitting in a shit ground, paying £24 for the priviledge.
Nah - all good in the bar.
cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3195
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:18 am

This club doesn't care about anyone, including season ticket holders. They do care, however, about creating a cash free income stream. Social manipulation at it's finest, just as under brent.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

avatar

Posts : 399
Join date : 2018-07-14
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:33 am

STOOPID BRIEF SYNOPSIS

early start yesterday, Top meeting with Bob Crow at 7am to collect a package from the train, Off to the 'Muff at 7.30 for me.

Had an arty farty meeting at 9am then a brekky in Noahs at 10.30 (pint of 6x), Brass Monkey ,Newmarket then St James Vaults ( lack of cordurouy wearing educated types was a relief).

Sod the footy, so a train up to Newton (left a load of artwork on the train ) to meet AKAGreengull in the cyder bar, back up to Shitty ,  stoopidly paid 4quid for an Otter in the Victoria near Central station, The place is full of beardy types, who probably enjoy skateboards.

Over to the Ship, then the Black Horse to meet Chelski Andy, off to the Duke of York (now run by the King Billys old manager), Bowling Green, Henrys Bar, St Annes Well and a last one at Duke of York before the mad last bus home.

Fuk the footy.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:34 am

#SHITARTIST wrote:
STOOPID BRIEF SYNOPSIS

early start yesterday, Top meeting with Bob Crow at 7am to collect a package from the train, Off to the 'Muff at 7.30 for me.

Had an arty farty meeting at 9am then a brekky in Noahs at 10.30 (pint of 6x), Brass Monkey ,Newmarket then St James Vaults ( lack of cordurouy wearing educated types was a relief).

Sod the footy, so a train up to Newton (left a load of artwork on the train ) to meet AKAGreengull in the cyder bar, back up to Shitty ,  stoopidly paid 4quid for an Otter in the Victoria near Central station, The place is full of beardy types, who probably enjoy skateboards.

Over to the Ship, then the Black Horse to meet Chelski Andy, off to the Duke of York (now run by the King Billys old manager), Bowling Green, Henrys Bar, St Annes Well and a last one at Duke of York before the mad last bus home.

Fuk the footy.

Sounds more entertaining than the bollocks served up on the pitch Laughing
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

avatar

Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:22 pm

This whole no cash turnstiles thing would make perfect sense if Argyle were selling out every week.

Trying to operate like a PL club off the pitch when the actual football is bordering on the fourth division is just insulting to everyone. I hate having to go up to HP a couple of days before to buy tickets just to save a couple of quid. Why oh why do we have to pay more for the privilege of deciding whether to rock up on the day. They've lost a couple of hundred of my hard earned cos I decide (or work suddenly allows) the chance to get to the match and then I think 'nah, feck it' I can't be arse with the hassle of queing at the ticket office and paying more.

The Aviva's can call me fairweather or whatever else they choose but no lower league club should be operating like this. We don't sell out so why throw obstacles in front of everyone who isn't an ST holder.

Or exactly what Bees says back up there....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3647
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:38 pm

The ticket office queue is a big turnoff for me. I suffer with a bad back and standing around for two hours is enough to feck it up for days. I want to rock up half hour before kick off, queue for five or ten minutes pay cash then a quick over priced beer before I take my seat. It's not unusual to not have time for the pre match half cos the service at the kiosks is shite. The board has now been considering how to improve this for seven years now.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 4113
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The ticket office queue is
a big turnoff for me. I suffer with a bad back and standing around for two hours is enough to feck it up for days. I want to rock up half hour before kick off, queue for five or ten minutes pay cash then a quick over priced beer before I take my seat. It's not unusual to not have time for the pre match half cos the service at the kiosks is shite. The board has now been considering how to improve this for seven years now.

Exactly I had plans rained off a couple of years ago was heading back to get my stuff from my mates over torpoint seen argyle were playing went to pay with cash got told no go queue at the ticket office saw the queue and thought feck that,
only need a block of say 100 seats saved for pay on the day save the bullshit,
I'd probably go to a few more games if you could do that with out the queuing bullshit
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

avatar

Posts : 154
Join date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:18 pm

Jethro wrote:

only need a block of say 100 seats saved for pay on the day save the bullshit,

It can't be beyond the whit of technology to set up a couple of cash turnstiles that link to a live seat map. Or just have one block (half block say row L down given the grandstanders have taken over most of the Lyndhurst) unreserved.

It's the curse of all-seat stadiums.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3195
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:37 pm

nobody in business wants to handle cash any more.... well, apart from the consumer of course. Brent, and now Hallett has been trying for years to get rid of it. Clearly he thinks turnstile staff are on the fiddle, cash is too expensive to manage, despite the fact that "ticketing" comes with a stealth tax that goes straight to one of his plethora of skimming companies feeding off otherwise normal community entertainments. The other reason they don't like cash is they can't farm our information, they can't then plough it back in somewhere else and make another micro penny. And of course, they're so thick they can't for the life of them plan a matchday without knowing almost exactly how many people are turning up, despite the fact clubs have done it for centuries.
Hallett has said he wants to be user friendly to "plastics" and POTD folk. Fine words that will probably bite the same dust brent's fine words bit 7 years ago. And one more thing, rocking up on a whim costs fans getting on for almost twice as much as a ST holder. Ridiculous price differential, and would be deemed illegal in other industries. All part of the direct debit culture across all industries that is destroying so much of our freedoms, and effectively discriminating against the casual customer.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 4113
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Jethro wrote:

only need a block of say 100 seats saved for pay on the day save the bullshit,

It can't be beyond the whit of technology to set up a couple of cash turnstiles that link to a live seat map. Or just have one block (half block say row L down given the grandstanders have taken over most of the Lyndhurst) unreserved.

It's the curse of all-seat stadiums.  

Well if they want extra cash thats what they should do.
problem is you know there will be some hidden late fee attached or something for showing up pay on the day
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 935
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:07 pm

Jethro wrote:
Greenlander wrote:
Jethro wrote:

only need a block of say 100 seats saved for pay on the day save the bullshit,

It can't be beyond the whit of technology to set up a couple of cash turnstiles that link to a live seat map. Or just have one block (half block say row L down given the grandstanders have taken over most of the Lyndhurst) unreserved.

It's the curse of all-seat stadiums.  

Well if they want extra cash thats what they should do.
problem is you know there will be some hidden late fee attached or something for showing up pay on the day

Any club in the land could facilitate this idea.

Apart from Argyle.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:15 pm

beesrus wrote:
nobody in business wants to handle cash any more.... well, apart from the consumer of course. Brent, and now Hallett has been trying for years to get rid of it. Clearly he thinks turnstile staff are on the fiddle, cash is too expensive to manage, despite the fact that "ticketing" comes with a stealth tax that goes straight to one of his plethora of skimming companies feeding off otherwise normal community entertainments. The other reason they don't like cash is they can't farm our information, they can't then plough it back in somewhere else and make another micro penny. And of course, they're so thick they can't for the life of them plan a matchday without knowing almost exactly how many people are turning up, despite the fact clubs have done it for centuries.
Hallett has said he wants to be user friendly to "plastics" and POTD folk. Fine words that will probably bite the same dust brent's fine words bit 7 years ago. And one more thing, rocking up on a whim costs fans getting on for almost twice as much as a ST holder. Ridiculous price differential, and would be deemed illegal in other industries. All part of the direct debit culture across all industries that is destroying so much of our freedoms, and effectively discriminating against the casual customer.

It's not as if Hallets Argo doesn't need the cash is it? Not exactly a Man City scenario or a host of extremely wealthy clubs that could get by without any fans attending live games at all due to television rights monies.

I remember the shyster on first descending on Argo bleating about the match day experience and how it needed improving - seven years on - yeah right. elephant
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3867
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:10 am

It was all total bollacks Akkers because as we now know the evil shyster Brent was only interested in further lining his own pockets in separating HP and HHP within 24 hours of taking over
There are still clowns and co conspirators like Newell reaming out his arse to the current day....at least the bearded lothario Webb had the decency to stand down
Clubs dead to so many people now
The likes of Newell Deliar Webb and the entourage of hangers on like Rapson have irreparably damaged this club with this close protection of the evil devious embezzling individual James Brent

Stick that in yer fookin dossier Deliar....hey you could always get Goldberg's to send me a letter.........
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin


Posts : 1016
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 93
Location : Bexiteering racist dullard I am!

PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:15 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
It was all total bollacks Akkers because as we now know the evil shyster Brent was only interested in further lining his own pockets in separating HP and HHP within 24 hours of taking over
There are still clowns and co conspirators like Newell reaming out his arse  to the current day....at least the bearded lothario Webb had the decency to stand down
Clubs dead to so many people now
The likes of Newell Deliar Webb and the entourage of hangers on like Rapson have irreparably damaged this club with this close protection of the evil devious embezzling individual James Brent

Stick that in yer fookin dossier Deliar....hey you could always get Goldberg's to send me a letter.........

Oh don't worry. He'll be wanking over this thread, or some -feck ugly desperate bint from plenty of fish . com

_______________________________________
Some day when my crying's done - I'm going to wear a smile and walk in the sun! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Joke of a club   

Back to top Go down
 
Joke of a club
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: