Greenskin
downthetrack
seadog
LondonGreen
Pete1886
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Things to do on Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:35 pm

So the match is off and people might be left feeling a bit empty. With no need for all the pre-match preparation, donning of lucky underwear, tuning of radios and so on, time might hang heavy. It's going to be flippin cold again, too.

As part of the ongoing ATD commitment to public service, maybe we've got some recommendations for ATD regulars looking to fill the yawning gap?

To start us off:

Knecht: you really should listen to the Danny Baker show, 9-11am on 5Live. Actually, I'm stunned that a man of your obvious wisdom and erudition hasn't heard the show before, but you obviously haven't, since you've never heard of the Sausage Sandwich Game.

Important note
Tring and Gib (and anybody else not suffering the British winter): Yes. We know you'll spend the day sitting in the sun, supping the occasional refreshing cold drink, maybe taking a dip to cool off every now and then. There's no need to rub it in, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Coffee and toast, ATD, Housework, paperwork, rugby, X-Box and ATD.

I should have posted that on the Mundane thread!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:44 pm

GOB wrote:

That, young Gob, is not Mundane material.

Far too varied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Err, Exeter City Vs Sheffield Wednesday. Hospitality and everything.... Embarassed

I will keep the ATD standards up though, I'll buy DTT a pint or two.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:06 pm

GOB wrote:

Xbox Gob? FIFA 12 and MW?
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm planning to set up my very own football fan forum to pass the time... Wink
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:40 pm

You live in the right part of the country for it, allegedly.

Relapsing day in Sunny Southampton for me.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Will make sure he does,other wise we will make him streak the lenght of SJP Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:19 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Will make sure he does,other wise we will make him streak the lenght of SJP Very Happy

Luckily there won't be many there to see.

Saturday ..... I shall have a lie-in until 9:00 at least - with breakfast in bed perhaps. I shall go out to buy some logs & some back-up coal. I shall come home to a nice warm lunch. I shall read a book. I will have an afternoon snack before going to friends for a meal and then an evening out to see a band. Home to a nice warm bed in a nice warm house to have some nice warm dreams. Why? Because I'm worth it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:41 pm

No different to any other away Saturday,golf in the afternoon and a few sherbets in the evening.Can't abide listening to Sparksy,i'd rather walk around Plymouth with a six inch nail in my shoe.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:44 am

Well I've started the day looking for a photoshop 'ice' filter for the site banner, alas to no avail yet. There's a frosted glass one, but I'm not sure it's quite the thing.

I think I may cease looking now and do something less geek
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:47 pm

pop up to home park and browse the big sale in the devonport end. Popped up this morning a few bargains. lol!
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:24 pm

You should have popped up to Plainmoor ~ remember that place?

Live football but not as you know it maybe given that The Gulls are playing to a standard 30 (THIRTY) points above what you are used to watching.

Never mind..............you're still the only side to score past the mighty Yellows at Plainmoor since the end of September ~ shame you were three down at the time really! cheers
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:59 pm

merse wrote:

Live football but not as you know it maybe given that The Gulls are playing to a standard 30 (THIRTY) points above what you are used to watching.

Never mind..............you're still the only side to score past the mighty Yellows at Plainmoor since the end of September ~ shame you were three down at the time really! cheers

Shore do a proper ground where you can stand and have a pint in a bar at the ground without being accused of not being a propeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fan

ps were only having a blip normal service will resume when we return to the championship lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:01 pm

A few beers out in the sun, followed by the egg chasing.

Ooooo, it looked cold in Italy!

Oooops, sorry Peggy, we weren't meant to be gloating were we?!
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:13 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:

ps were only having a blip normal service will resume when we return to the championship

I believe Blue Square "do" a very nice Premier League! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Lived in Gib for 2 years and it wasn't that warm in February unless now the border with Spain is open they have let the sun in as well. I was bored shitless this afternoon after my grandson went home and I had nobody left to play with. Switched on the TV just as the England rugby was finishing as I didn't realise it was on and waited for the France game which was off at the last minute. I simply need my football fix on a Saturday and nothing else will do I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I watched a very entertaining game at SJP this afternoon - for a neutral anyway. Exeter were truly awful for the first 20 minutes, luckily Sheffield were worse. On the balance of play I would say it was a fair result though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:53 am

I finished another book yesterday.

Predictably, the murderer did it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 am

merse wrote:

Surely a pre-requisite of coming on to a forum to take the piss, is that that teams fans actually have some sort of rivalry with yours?

Torquay are doing well. Thing is, probably around 99% of Argyle fans will fall in to one of two brackets. They'll either share your joy, or be completely ambivalent.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:18 am

ATD, 6 mile run, breakfast, ATD, lots of guitar practice, rugby, ATD, curry, rugby frozen off so out for beers.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Surely a pre-requisite of coming on to a forum to take the piss, is that that teams fans actually have some sort of rivalry with yours?

Don't worry "czarcasm" it'll probably only be for this season and then instead of 30 points separating us before February is out, there could well be two whole divisions between us next season! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:55 am

Freathy wrote:
ATD, 6 mile run, breakfast, ATD, lots of guitar practice, rugby, ATD, curry, rugby frozen off so out for beers.

6 mile run ? !
On a sunday ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:48 pm

merse wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Don't worry "czarcasm" it'll probably only be for this season and then instead of 30 points separating us before February is out, there could well be two whole divisions between us next season! Very Happy

Yep, couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things to do on Saturday   Things to do on Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to do on Saturday
Page 1 of 1