Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Robby

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 am

I now believe TM has played a blinder and has divided opinion so much that there will now have to be a second referendum in 2019. This means hundreds of thousands of young people who weren't able to vote in 2016 will now be able to and will vote remain. Plus of course there will be thousands of old biddys who voted selfishly to leave in 2016 who have since kicked the bucket and wont be able to vote this time so remain wins by a landslide. We can have best of three if you want. Remain will still win by a huge amount. Then it will all be back to normal and everyone will get along with each other just like we used to before Brexit was a thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 11:47 am

And we'll all "be home just in time for tea". Can you pass the Garibaldi biscuits pleas Georgina... err ..sorry.. George ?

Ahhh !   those were the days [whistful memories ]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 12:10 pm

fishing
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Theresa May arrives in Berlin for talks with Angela Merkel and they couldn't at first get the car door to open....is that an omen of the outcome of her fruitless gadding around the EU today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Tweeza:    Hi Angela, i know we have't been the best of fwiends, but could you help us out of a spot and stitch up the Irish. Even a meaningless piece of paper will do, you know, like the Chamberlain one, that would do it.

Angela:  Times have changed Tweezers, we've got a head start on you this time. Can't see a piece of paper doing the trick either. Talk to the hand. If anyone is going to stitch up the Irish, I think it should be you, for old times sake. Lovin' the dancin', makes you brits look like a right bunch of dimmies. Anyway, must go, got a conference call with Jezza. He's a really nice man. Enjoy cozying up to to the bible belt Trumpet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 8:30 am

And to continue their excellent stewardship of the country in last 8 years. The Tories have decided that now is the time for a leadership contest, if she loses the vote of no confidence
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 am

The whole leadership thing also serves as an amateur night drama designed by this bunch of clowns to "put pressure" on the EU to cough up Ireland. What they still haven't twigged is the EU ain't that bovvered. Look at my face though, am I bovvered.

Who remembers that last Tory disaster with "Lord" Lamont and his oh so clever  ERM policy. What an idiot. How may billions did that cost. I'm surprised Brent did't go into politics, he'd make a classic thick tory living in his dreamland thinking everyone will bend over. I suspect Merkel and the boys are chuckling back home at the current charade.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 10:52 am

I couldn't disagree more with your view of this Bees. I doubt if there are enough united Tories to make an ATD style cabal. It's a complete and utter pigs ear of a mess. Well be looking at six weeks of leadership contest now, Triffic.
I love the way that May is now saying we need certainty and stability and with her gone we may not get Brexit. That's despite the fact that she's doing everything in her power so that we don't get Brexit anyway.
You've got to laugh or you'd go mental. I blame the remainers.
As for Merkel and co they are more on message with May than anyone else, they don't want us to leave they want a deal so that they can continue with being the UKs car manufacturing industry. I doubt she knows how to chuckle anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 11:25 am

MPs are lining up to support her. She may well have this in the bag and if she does she's going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 1:24 pm

If she stays we are fooked. No support for her deal it will never gat passed the commons. If she goes we are fooked as we have to sit through another six weeks of remainers vs Leavers tearing themselves and any shred of democracy we have left to pieces.
Even if she wins by a small margin she won't have the authority to do anything anyway.
You've just got to laugh really I've never seen fook all like it.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 4:01 pm

It's getting all rather exciting now, I must say.

Three options to pick from

1) May survives the vote tonight and it's her deal with the problems that will bring
2) May loses the vote tonight and a new leader (PM) triggers a hard Brexit after telling the EU to do one
3) No Brexit at all, they decide to revoke article 50 and beg for forgiveness

What next in the Brexit merry-go-round - a general election, another referendum, the SNP demanding another independence referendum,  the economy collapsing, anarchy and riots in the streets ?

Remember when Cameron and Osborne stated that things would go tits up, that could very well come to fruition on reflection.

We are all going to hell on a hand cart.

The UK is the laughing stock of the world at the moment, so they said on the Radio Four news late last night.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 4:43 pm

If public declarations are worth anything it seems that May is home and dried, however its come out the Tory MP for Burton who was chucked out of Government earlier in the year after a consituent he sent some pretty dodgey messages to went to the Sunday Mirror has had the whip restored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Meanwhile, whilst sat in the local in front of an open fire, this ice cold pint of Stella is going down a treat whilst no fuucks about Brexit are actually given. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 8:33 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
If public declarations are worth anything it seems that May is home and dried, however its come out the Tory MP for Burton who was chucked out of Government earlier in the year after a consituent he sent some pretty dodgey messages to went to the Sunday Mirror has had the whip restored.

Sky News suggesting 186 out of 317 will back May, for what it is worth.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Big Robby wrote:
I now believe TM has played a blinder and has divided opinion so much that there will now have to be a second referendum in 2019. This means hundreds of thousands of young people who weren't able to vote in 2016 will now be able to and will vote remain. Plus of course there will be thousands of old biddys who voted selfishly to leave in 2016 who have since kicked the bucket and wont be able to vote this time so remain wins by a landslide. We can have best of three if you want. Remain will still win by a huge amount. Then it will all be back to normal and everyone will get along with each other just like we used to before Brexit was a thing.

If another referendum were to take place, I too can see a remain vote winning.

The drama playing out does make for good viewing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Looks like the Tory brexiteers have shot their bolt. They couldn't get rid of May even though her plan is liked by virtually nobody. First sign of a no brexit ?
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 9:30 pm

beesrus wrote:
Looks like the Tory brexiteers have shot their bolt. They couldn't get rid of May even though her plan is liked by virtually nobody. First sign of a no brexit ?

Victorian Dad Jacob Rees Mogg trying to claim a victory under questioning from Andrew Neil was funny especially at the end when Neil said to Laura Kuensberg Ill let you go because Im sure youve got a busy night ahead and then turning to JRM Oh and I expect youll have a busy night plotting lol!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 9:35 pm

beesrus wrote:

Looking ever likely.

Her deal will not pass the vote, if and when that happens. She would have to resign at that point, surely ?.

Tonight's vote does not really change much in the grand scheme of things.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Two thirds of her 200 votes are beholden to her for having positions in her Government set-up...from Cabinet Minister downwards...so if they haven't resigned then they probably voted for her.....a few eyebrows lifted because 117 voted against her.

She also gained a few votes by saying that she will not lead the party into the next election in 2022.

Getting her idea of Brexit through Parliament in due course is still a dead duck.

Will the opposition parties now get together and go for a no confidence vote in the Government, All opposition parties accept Labour are ready for that....only doddering old Corbyn is dragging his feet.

After todays fun nothing has changed from what it was yesterday.....Theresa May will be off to Brussels tomorrow cap in hand for any titbits her lords and masters may cast her way.

Two and half years wasted by a remainer trying to deliver her idea of Brexit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 12:15 am

One thing the Tories don't like is disloyalty and the ERG boys have just shot their load prematurely, lost and been incredibly disloyal as they did. They are finished.

The other Tories will rally around May, safe from challenge for another 12 months now, and she will wreak revenge on the bastards that tried to oust her.

There's no way her plan will get approval, though she'll stick with it forever, but the DUP will fall in line to keep Corbyn out if Labour proposes a No Confidence motion.

The end result? Either termination of A50 in line with the recent euro court ruling or a second referendum: Remain or May's deal.

The quest for rocking horse manure is now over no matter how strong the yearning for it to be real may be.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 7:30 am

Having pencilled in that she will move aside before the next general election she has become 'a lame duck walking'. History has shown us that when this happens that that PM has lost all credibility for future success during their tenure.

The ERG have some senior members of the party amongst their ranks and will continue to remind her of her catch phrase that 'Brexit means Brexit'

I also think that the electorate will not forget that....some of the 200....who have backed her version of Brexit.... that they have voted against the desire of those that voted them into parliament in their constituencies.

Watch this space...this saga has a lot more miles in it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 8:33 am

I love the way the ERG are the ones painted as bastards and not the house of commons as a whole who are wilfully going against the result of a legally binding referendum. At least I'm not shocked or hurt more like I'm carrying a sad air of vindication that my view of politics in general has been bang on all my life.
I still wouldn't rule out a no deal though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 am

feck me, she was a lame duck walking, sitting dead man or however you prefer to muddle metaphors when she called pissed her parliametary majority up the wall following a vanity election with the worst campaign in living memory. The point is No Tory leader ever gets to choose the terms of their departure.

Her duty is muddle through the next few months, come out with something that more or less gives the electorate what they want without destroying the country and then pissing off into the sunset.

The ERG are an irrelevance just like the bastards were in 1992. They make up barely 20% of the Tory MPs so No one should give a shit what they think. They lost , they need to get over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 8:52 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I love the way the ERG are the ones painted as bastards and not the house of commons as a whole who are wilfully going against the result of a legally binding referendum. At least I'm not shocked or hurt more like I'm carrying a sad air of vindication that my view of politics in general has been bang on all my life.
I still wouldn't rule out a no deal though.

Sorry you've lost me, the house of commons voted massively in favour of activating article 50 and massively in favour of the EU wihtdrawal act. Not that the referedum was legally binding either, it was advisory. So I'm not sure what you have a problem with?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2018 9:10 am

My fears on the erosion of democracy in this country are coming to fruition, shouldn’t matter if your a leaver or remainer, democracy going to Hell in a handcart and we should be more worried about that than anything else
Parliament voted to hold a referendum, probably thinking all us peasants would vote to remain, we didn’t and we’ve had a Tory “leader” who voted remain agreeing a fudge deal that effectively ties us to the EU without being part of any rule making, it was fated from the start, the negotiations should have been led by a person who was a staunch leaver but it wasn’t and Great Britain is just Britain, the great politicians of the past would be turniyin they race at the bunch nondescripts of all sides harrumping away
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next