Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Melbury

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 7:15 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Interesting you may recall many months ago I mentioned about lodgers from Poland working at Princess Yachts. Szymon the guy has just bought a flat but said around 220 Poles in the work force are going back home over the next 8 weeks. Thats over half the Polish contingent there

Perhaps Princess Yachts will have to start paying better to attract more UK tradesmen of the calibre they require then.

Our government & big business love immigrant workers to keep wages suppressed.
The minimum wage has effectively become the maximum wage in many fields. About time market forces weren’t distorted in this way.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 6:11 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Interesting you may recall many months ago I mentioned about lodgers from Poland working at Princess Yachts. Szymon the guy has just bought a flat but said around 220 Poles in the work force are going back home over the next 8 weeks. Thats over half the Polish contingent there

Perhaps Princess Yachts will have to start paying better to attract more UK tradesmen of the calibre they require then.

Our government loves immigrant workers to keep wages suppressed.
The minimum wage has effectively become the maximum wage in many fields. About time market forces weren’t distorted in this way.

Melbury you're joking buddy. The original post (will try and find later) highlighted how high their earnings were at Princess. I could hardly believe what they were getting close to 4 figures weekly
Am surmising that they dont like as a workforce the prospect of a no deal moving ever closer
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 8:28 am

Plus the economy of Poland is improving and the Polish government are now trying to lure the workers back and no doubt cash in on the excellent training we've given them. We aren't sending them home they want to go. Also bear in mind a lot of them are working on a three year or five year plan, they come here, get their heads down and go home buy a plot and take it a lot easier. Don't think I will knock anyone for working hard but for us economically to rely on foreign workers does not make for long term economic sense.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 11:48 am

Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I haven't trolled anybody anywhere.

What I have done is point out that there is a racist streak a mile wide running through Brexit. You have taken this as an accusation that you are racist. You are wrong. I have never said this.

Let me explain again:

Cider is an alcoholic drink; not all alcoholic drinks are cider.

Lager is a beer; not all beers are lagers.

All racists will vote Brexit; not all Brexiteers are racist.

It really is not difficult but you still don't get it.

So how do you know all racists have voted for Brexit?

It's just a hunch.

Admittedly some, not many I suspect but some, would have been too stupid to tick the right box or too apathetic to vote at all.

So I concede on that one even though Brexit was backed by the Britain First, EDL, BNP, KKK, UKIP and every other kuckledragging racist quasi-political grouping so I am not going to be far off.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 12:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This lot are clearly racist.

Leavers or Remainers?

Any suggestion that they may be Remainers is as laughable as it is contemptuous.

Whatever next? "How do you know water is wet?"

There is absolutely no doubt at all that Leave has a racist streak a mile wide running through it and that the Leave campaign has nurtured and offered succour to the far right.

Nurture and succour that eventually led to the murder of Jo Cox by racist, Britain First-supporting terrorist Thomas Mair. Does anybody think he voted Remain?

These are the flames that Leave is fanning and it needs clear and sustained open opposition from the leading figures and all of the Leave supporters instead of which, it seems, that many don't even accept it is happening.

How many murdered MPs will it take before you guys wise up?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 12:25 pm

There is no evidence to support the statement that EU immigration significantly or permanently lowers UK wages. Any effect there is is small and also short-term.

"Our government & big business love immigrant workers to keep wages suppressed" is quite simply not true.

And isn't it now going to be government policy that anybody entering the country will need to be able to prove they will be employed and earning >£30K/yr?

Is that a low wage? How will that suppress wages to others?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 2:09 pm

Not sure who you are arguing with now? I haven't said anything about wage suppression. Go back and read my post, although you don't need to and you know all my views already even though you've never listened to a word I said.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I haven't trolled anybody anywhere.

What I have done is point out that there is a racist streak a mile wide running through Brexit. You have taken this as an accusation that you are racist. You are wrong. I have never said this.

Let me explain again:

Cider is an alcoholic drink; not all alcoholic drinks are cider.

Lager is a beer; not all beers are lagers.

All racists will vote Brexit; not all Brexiteers are racist.

It really is not difficult but you still don't get it.

So how do you know all racists have voted for Brexit?

It's just a hunch.

Admittedly some, not many I suspect but some, would have been too stupid to tick the right box or too apathetic to vote at all.

So I concede on that one even though Brexit was backed by the Britain First, EDL, BNP, KKK, UKIP and every other kuckledragging racist quasi-political grouping so I am not going to be far off.

And I'm not far off if I were to call you a cnut. But I didn't, anywhere, at all, ever.........
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Leavers or Remainers?

Any suggestion that they may be Remainers is as laughable as it is contemptuous.

There is absolutely no doubt at all that Leave has a racist streak a mile wide running through it and that the Leave campaign has nurtured and offered succour to the far right.

Nurture and succour that eventually led to the murder of Jo Cox by racist, Britain First-supporting terrorist Thomas Mair. Does anybody think he voted Remain?

These are the flames that Leave is fanning and it needs clear and sustained open opposition from the leading figures and all of the Leave supporters instead of which, it seems, that many don't even accept it is happening.

Feck me but you are a loon. Probably more than one and if you can provide any evidence that Jo Cox was murdered because of Brexit I will be amazed. The guy who murdered Jo Cox was mentally ill. Or are you suggesting that people who voted leave are mentally ill?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 2:37 pm

You really are very poor at taking onboard anthing that anybody else says.

Very, very poor indeed.

Maybe, just maybe, the post was not aimed at you.

Did you stop to even consider that for a moment?
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Leavers or Remainers?

Can't you keep your boring brexit crap to the brexit thread rather than boring everyone else with it on another thread.

Brexit is happening, get over it and embrace the change. You never know it may actually end up being the best thing this country ever did.

Feel free to stand on the white cliffs of dover, crying in your EU pants and waving the EU flags singing we'll meet again; i'll be celebrating the new era with my union jack flag and pants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Leavers or Remainers?

Can't you keep your boring brexit crap to the brexit thread rather than boring everyone else with it on another thread.

Brexit is happening, get over it and embrace the change.  You never know it may actually end up being the best thing this country ever did.

Feel free to stand on the white cliffs of dover, crying in your EU pants and waving the EU flags singing we'll meet again; i'll be celebrating the new era with my union jack flag and pants.  

You've got Union Jack pants? affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:21 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
There is no evidence to support the statement that EU immigration significantly or permanently lowers UK wages. Any effect there is is small and also short-term.

"Our government & big business love immigrant workers to keep wages suppressed" is quite simply not true.

And isn't it now going to be government policy that anybody entering the country will need to be able to prove they will be employed and earning >£30K/yr?

I think you’ve cherrypicked from that document, not quite as your describing
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Leavers or Remainers?

Feck me but you are a loon. Probably more than one and if you can provide any evidence that Jo Cox was murdered because of Brexit I will be amazed. The guy who murdered Jo Cox was mentally ill. Or are you suggesting that people who voted leave are mentally ill?

No.

You're doing that.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Of course I cherry-picked the summary:

Any effect there is is "small and also short-term."

Hardly worth devastating an economy, laying to waste years of social and environmental progress, offering succour to the fascists amongst us and wrecking our status as an internationally important country, is it?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:02 pm

"How many murdered MPs will it take before you guys wise up?" That's what you said. Murdered MPs have fook all to do with Brexit but you are yet again linking illegal right wing nut jobs with ordinary ATD members and speaking only for myself I have never been a member or supporter of EDF, Western Power or any other nut job right wing group and I don't condone murdering anyone, not even an MP so take yer slurs and feck off you loon.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:04 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

How long is it going to take YOU to realise that - believe it or not, I'd say everybody on these Boards is able to fathom that Leave would be the option of choice for an average racist?

What you seriously don't grasp is your continual two-word link that you drone on about - BREXIT-RACIST-BREXIT-RACIST-BREXIT-RACIST is what annoys people?

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Very, very poor indeed.

Oh the irony. lol!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:17 pm

I see Donald Tusk has waded in.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:49 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Leavers or Remainers?

MPs have proved themselves to be as useless as the trust.
Complete shambles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:49 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I see Donald Tusk has waded in.

Well, if being a murdering racist dullard Brexiteer ( according to Franny) isn't bad enough, I'm also going to hell?

Pfft. Just when my day couldn't get any worse. How am I going to sleep tonight?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I think you’ve cherrypicked from that document, not quite as your describing

Said someone who clearly hasn't read any of it
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Very, very poor indeed.

Oh the irony. lol!

lol!

Off the scale ironic. cheers
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 5:11 pm

You can call people racist all you like but when you get comments written below from EU president Tusk it does justify why people voted to leave.  

special place in hell" for "those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it out safely".
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 5:16 pm

"I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like, for those who promoted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely."

Short memories these europeans, ask your father or grandfather Donald, I'm sure that they can remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next