harvetheslayer
green_genie
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Goldbergs gone - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Goldbergs Solicitors

On 5 November 2018, the panel resolved to intervene into the above-named sole practice of Raymond Lawrence Toms [101204], formerly based at 7-8 Ford Park Road, Mutley, Plymouth, Devon PL4 6QZ.

The grounds for intervention were:

There was reason to suspect dishonesty on the part of Mr Toms in connection with his practice as a solicitor; and
Mr Toms failed to comply with the rules made under sections 31 and 32 of the Solicitors Act 1974 (as amended).
Karen Thompson of Lester Aldridge LLP, Russell House, Oxford Road, Bournemouth BH8 8EX, tel: 01202 786341, DX: 7623 Bournemouth, was appointed to act as the Law Society’s agent.

The first date of attendance was 9 November 2018.

Mr Tom’s practising certificate has been suspended as a result of the intervention.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 8:46 pm

Plymouth law firm investigated after social club’s £151k vanishes
MARCH 29, 2019 PLYMOUTHHERALD LEAVE A COMMENT

Members of a Plymouth social club owed £151,000 after a city law firm was closed down over suspicions of “dishonesty” say they have no idea where the money is – and want a police investigation. Trustees of the now closed Plymouth Social Club are angry and mystified after a cheque they were sent could not be cashed despite the money sitting in the client account at law firm Goldbergs Solicitors. They are now awaiting the outcome of an inquiry by The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) which shut down the Ford Park Road practice in 2018 and banned its sole director, 70-year-old Ray Toms, from being a solicitor. The SRA has a compensation fund but there is no guarantee it will be able to pay the trustees any money. The trustees, who are duty bound to share the money between 150 former club members, say that if the SRA can’t find the cash, or compensate it, the police should be called in. “Where is the money?” said club member Peter Cawse. “Unless someone can tell us where the money the police ought to be involved.” Plymouth Social Club, based in Tavistock Place, closed in March 2017 with the building due to be demolished as part of a redevelopment of the area connected to creating the £40million The Box history and art centre. The building was part owned by the club and part by Plymouth City Council, so members agreed to sell their part of the block to the local authority. The… [Read full story]

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 8:47 pm

One lucky client lost 151,000, a few more and it soon mounts up.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 8:58 pm

seadog wrote:

But it's ok because eee wuz a season ticket holder for 50 years.

Geddon
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
There’s a couple on here that seriously need to rein in their contempt for Toms. He has been a season ticket holder for 50 odds years and would often sit in front of me in the grandstand. Quite distinctive looks and never failed to let you know who he was and what he did. Which is why I saw, and recognised, him last week walking along Mutley Plain.
Which suggests to me that he isn’t in exile/hiding and that he hasn’t yet been found guilty of fraud and embezzlement. Neither has he been found guilty, or even charged with stealing in excess of £10,000,000.
There really are some morons on here. It’s got worse that I thought with so many of you not even bothering to read the original post.
I was merely pointing out that I knew who I saw. I was not mistaken having seen him at Home Park for the last 50 years. He was not in Northern Cyprus hiding from the law! And he might well be found guilty in the future but he hasn’t been yet.
The actual pathetic part is that he must be guilty as he knows Newell. This forum reminds me of UKIP. No longer required, out of touch, becoming more and more aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2019 10:30 pm

You're talking rubbish as always.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2019 12:01 am

Jim never minded where the money came from if it saved him ninety quid on a camera for the youth team.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2019 6:32 am

Rollo do me a favour buddy if you see him let me know where and when via PM if you would. Things have moved on in the last 48 hours
Thanks
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2019 6:50 am

seadog wrote:

There were and are 100's and 100's Seadog listed in the action groups in 2015 but those were from years and years previous. This guy has been scamming for decades. Might be a few that think surely he would be nailed make a complaint. It doesnt work like that there is a procedure for solicitors governed by the Law Society and how complaints get handled from the outset
Its complicated and in short the Partner(s) of a practice have to make a final decision whether its referred to the law society. The Sole partner of Goldbergs was Ray Toms.
I have emails from him and my brothers and I quote from one "you'll find I can do what I want"

The guy knew exactly what he was doing and knew that if he stuck to procedure he couldnt get nailed on overcharging. It seems from getting struck off it was actual fingers in clients account as well. The guy/girl who joined this forum and messaged here is exactly in that boat and Toms ran off with his/hers money a week before the shit hit the fan last year

The guy is an absolute Grade A embezzling shyster
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2019 7:31 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
There’s a couple on here that seriously need to rein in their contempt for Toms. He has been a season ticket holder for 50 odds years and would often sit in front of me in the grandstand. Quite distinctive looks and never failed to let you know who he was and what he did. Which is why I saw, and recognised, him last week walking along Mutley Plain.
Which suggests to me that he isn’t in exile/hiding and that he hasn’t yet been found guilty of fraud and embezzlement. Neither has he been found guilty, or even charged with stealing in excess of £10,000,000.
There really are some morons on here. It’s got worse that I thought with so many of you not even bothering to read the original post.
I was merely pointing out that I knew who I saw. I was not mistaken having seen him at Home Park for the last 50 years. He was not in Northern Cyprus hiding from the law! And he might well be found guilty in the future but he hasn’t been yet.
The actual pathetic part is that he must be guilty as he knows Newell. This forum reminds me of UKIP. No longer required, out of touch, becoming more and more aggressive.

The Herald reports says he’s believed to be living abroad, ill take that over the word of a gobshite troll.

He’s also been banned from acting as a solicitor, which even a dumbass troll like you can’t defend regardless of his loyal support. lol!
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2019 7:42 am

Lovely people these PASOTI types aren’t they !
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2019 8:41 am

You what! I wandered how long it would take for beesrus lite to pipe up.  All you lot do is argue between yourselves. Must be all of six regulars left. It’s a race between here and pasoti as to who implodes first. I wonder why?
And Harve, I’m guessing the Toms sighting was a one off. I don’t expect to see him again but you never know.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2019 8:50 am

We've not had a flounce for a while, i think that might change soon. sunny sunny sunny santa
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2019 10:03 am

Someone needs to get laid Laughing
Back to top Go down
MummyTalk

PostSubject: help   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:02 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Ray Toms is the most repulsive thieving shyster that ever walked the face of the earth and makes Brent look like an angel
I reported the story here on ATD of my fathers death with a very small estate of £50,000 of which Toms stole £15,000 in fees. Dad had premium bonds and 4 life policies to encash and that was it

Every attempt to get justification myself and 2 brothers met with "feck off I do what I want" and answer to no one. Law Society refused to get involved. I found a group dedicated to justice against Toms all of whom had the same treatment

Rot in hell Toms wherever you've slithered off to

Mods feel absolutely free to offer my IP address if asked for it lawfully. Geezers licenced to steal

do you have the group details on this Ryamond Toms at all??
Back to top Go down
MummyTalk

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:10 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
seadog wrote:

There were and are 100's and 100's Seadog listed in the action groups in 2015 but those were from years and years previous. This guy has been scamming for decades. Might be a few that think surely he would be nailed make a complaint. It doesnt work like that there is a procedure for solicitors governed by the Law Society and how complaints get handled from the outset
Its complicated and in short the Partner(s) of a practice have to make a final decision whether its referred to the law society. The Sole partner of Goldbergs was Ray Toms.
I have emails from him and my brothers and I quote from one "you'll find I can do what I want"

The guy knew exactly what he was doing and knew that if he stuck to procedure he couldnt get nailed on overcharging. It seems from getting struck off it was actual fingers in clients account as well. The guy/girl who joined this forum and messaged here is exactly in that boat and Toms ran off with his/hers money a week before the shit hit the fan last year

Don't suppose you have/ know of a group about this man at all??
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:12 pm

I have PM's Harve to let him know you are asking.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Toms was in Northern Cyprus last we heard, safe from any extradition treaty.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:28 pm

All I have heard is that the slimy PASOTI sponsoring git is sunning it in either Spain or Cyprus thinking that he is safe from those who he ripped off.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:39 pm

MummyTalk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
seadog wrote:

Don't suppose you have/ know of a group about this man at all??

You have a PM
Back to top Go down
MummyTalk

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 12:40 pm

seadog wrote:
I have PM's Harve to let him know you are asking.

Thanks address I have for Tom's is still in Hooe so might be of help
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 1:00 pm

Have advised Mummytalk to walk into Charles Cross Police station and file what shes said.
Seems Toms despite being disbarred and struck off is sending invoices for non existant work from a C/O address in Hooe Plymouth
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 1:41 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Have advised Mummytalk to walk into Charles Cross Police station and file what shes said.
Seems Toms despite being disbarred and struck off is sending invoices for non existant work from a C/O address in Hooe Plymouth

He can't be touched all the time he's in his diplomatic bolthole in Northern Cyprus.

Unfortunately all the time he's on Northern Cypriot soil, he's safe from extradition.

In recent years the UK has been more successful in extradition from The DRC and Somalia, and only a few weeks ago from Libya too despite barely having a functioning government. But from a country with a front door to the EU is a firm NO.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 5:01 pm

I wonder if Pasoti has any info that might help his victims?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 5:07 pm

seadog wrote:
I wonder if Pasoti has any info that might help his victims?

Protectors of the wealthy, child killing drink drivers, bent solicitors, dodgy estate agents et al innit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goldbergs gone   Goldbergs gone - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goldbergs gone
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next