HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Train to Yeovil on Saturday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Train to Yeovil on Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Most probably know this but cheapest way to Yeovil on Saturday is splitting ticket at Axminster. Plymouth-Axminster £7-15 return with railcard or £10-80 without and Axm-Yeovil £5-35 return with railcard and £8-10 without. Total fare £12-50 railcard/groupsave or £18-90 without.
I have a railcard for two I can take one other on if anyone's going and wants to save a couple of quid in the train fare.

I also have a family and friends card if anyone wanted to come with kids/grand kids.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 6:25 pm

Do you have a full stop on your keyboard? First off I read that as between 7 and 15 pounds then I started reading them like odds. Maybe it's just me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Do you have a full stop on your keyboard? First off I read that as between 7 and 15 pounds then I started reading them like odds. Maybe it's just me. Very Happy

Think the text relays differently as I'm accessing page via email on my tablet but in web version. What ever I write tends to space out a bit if I miss a full stop ect.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Simplify it. It's totals of below if splitting and buying two separate tickets as stated between Plymouth and Axminster and Axminster and Yeovil.

£12-50 with railcard/group save.
£18-90 without.

Also note that groupsaves are barred from Arriva XC services.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 7:11 pm

otherwise get yourself a devon ranger to Axminster then a return to yeovil junction but ask for the plus bus add on for yeovil that will cover you for a bus from Yeovil Junction Which isn't actually in Yeovil, to Husih park and other buses around town should cost about £15-17 all in , when I get back later I will find all the info you need if you need it
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 7:22 pm

this what you need for the bus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

no 68 bus from Yeovil Junction change at the bus station [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For south west coaches 11 to abbey manor
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

buses of somerset 51 to abbey manor

one thing to watchout for is the last bus back out to the railway station is 18.30 from the bus station and its a couple of mile walk up and down hill not really the best place to be walking either,
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Jethro wrote:
this what you need for the bus [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

no 68 bus from Yeovil Junction change at the bus station  http://www.southwestcoaches.co.uk/uploads/pdfs/timetables/68%20SERVICE%20-%20JUN%2018%20-%20Public.pdf

one thing to watchout for is the last bus back out to the railway station is 18.30 from the bus station and its a couple of mile walk up and down hill not really the best place to be walking either,

The Devon ranger has gone up to £8 now (Railcard price) from past experience so now is slightly more expensive than the day return.
I have no need for plusbus as i have a pass, but again it's well worth it, especially with railcard discounts on it bringing it down to about £2 as i can't realistically see the two buses needed in Yeovil being any less than £3 return each.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Think the last time i trained it to Yeovil (The rained off game) i actually got out at Crewkerne and got the bus from outside the station into Yeovil in about half hour as the connections worked out better at that particular hour other that going to Yeovil Jcn.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 7:44 pm

1830 is definitely last bus down the narrow country lanes to Yeovil Jcn. There is a later bus at 1920 i think to Chard via Crewkerne station.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Jethro wrote:

no 68 bus from Yeovil Junction change at the bus station  http://www.southwestcoaches.co.uk/uploads/pdfs/timetables/68%20SERVICE%20-%20JUN%2018%20-%20Public.pdf

The Devon ranger has gone up to £8 now (Railcard price) from past experience so now is slightly more expensive than the day return.
I have no need for plusbus as i have a pass, but again it's well worth it, especially with railcard discounts on it bringing it down to about £2 as i can't realistically see the two buses needed in Yeovil being any less than £3 return each.

Bus from junction is about £4 now and round town in yeovils about the same
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 pm

Jethro wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Kind of shocked me how expensive the buses were when i moved back down here in 2014. Having a London Freedom Pass i was oblivious to the prices of the buses here until i discovered to my shock that they even restrict passes to after 0930am here and i was swiftly charged £3 for a ticket to the station. Was also a shock seeing children have to pay for buses too, even to get to school.
All good things have to come to an end, when my Freedom pass expired last year i had to change it for a watered down Plymouth City Council one with no Oyster card.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Kind of shocked me how expensive the buses were when i moved back down here in 2014. Having a London Freedom Pass i was oblivious to the prices of the buses here until i discovered to my shock that they even restrict passes to after 0930am here and i was swiftly charged £3 for a ticket to the station. Was also a shock seeing children have to pay for buses too, even to get to school.
All good things have to come to an end, when my Freedom pass expired last year i had to change it for a watered down Plymouth City Council one with no Oyster card.

I've got a pass for the bus so I was shocked and am shocked when people tell me how much they pay for the bus, If I had to pay to get to huish saturday would cost £11 at least
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:57 am

When we were at school and college we used to get a monthly bus pass. Used to buy it on the first of the month which read as 01 07 then at the first of the next month we'd scratch and re mark with black pen making the 0 into a 3 thereby getting another thirty days. We would then try and alter the month but that would only pass a cursory inspection but always worked if the bus was busy with a quick flash. I once went about three months before an inspector Sussed it, he just pocketed the ticket but let me stay on the bus until I got home.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Most likely going into yeovil to pick a ticket up tomorrow I will ask what the gen is for prices of the buses if I remember for those of you not getting a plus bus ticket,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Train to Yeovil on Saturday   Train to Yeovil on Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

Train to Yeovil on Saturday
Page 1 of 1