HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury Empty
PostSubject: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyWed May 16, 2018 11:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shame it ended this way, how did he manage to pass the medical,
I know we was desperate but still.

Wales striker Simon Church has retired at the age of 29 because of a long-term hip problem.

He won the last of his 38 caps in the Euro 2016 semi-final defeat by Portugal.

"I never thought this day would come but with the medical advice I have received I am now officially hanging up my boots," Church said.

He has not played since January, when he signed a short-term deal with Plymouth Argyle.

Church added: "I have been fortunate enough to have lived my dream for 11 years professionally. I have experienced moments you can only dream of when you're a child.

"Playing for Wales was an absolute honour. The achievements we had as a team are something I'm immensely proud of being a part of.

"The group of boys were the best on and off the pitch I have ever been with.

"I want to thank all the clubs I've been at as well as the fans, players, staff and a handful of managers."

Church, who also played for Reading, Charlton and Aberdeen, had surgery after suffering a serious hip injury in September 2016 while playing for Dutch side Roda JC.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 12:36 am

Should have retired before he join us basically got us to pay for his medical bills for 6months
Telling me he didn’t know his career was over
By the way who’s doing the medicals for Christ sake
Sounds we need to sign decent doctor for a start
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 7:31 am

Watching Argyle this season has been a bit like watching the Paralympics at times.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 8:02 am

RegGreen wrote:
Should have retired before he join us basically got us to pay for his medical bills for 6months
Telling me he didn’t know his career was over
By the way who’s doing the medicals for Christ sake
Sounds we need to sign decent doctor for a start

What do you expect Reg at the Brent circus, amateur hour again.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 10:44 am

A competent medical should have picked this up.
Can't blame him for one last stab at getting his career in order.
Should just have been on a if you play you get paid deal.
Not a few grand to be injured deal but that's Brent's doing not his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 10:57 am

Another example of the Pennywise Pound foolish Austerity that Brent is inflicting on us.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 11:21 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Another example of the Pennywise Pound foolish Austerity that Brent is inflicting on us.

Exactly why you can't really blame Adams for taking a punt
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Adams knew he was injured when he signed
That slipped out on a Radio Devon interview
I was so shocked I even said to my mate at the time
Did he just say that or am I hearing things
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 4:56 pm

It makes you wonder if he was just signed for as little as possible purely to placate disbelief at how the transfer window was going. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 7:07 pm

complete waste of time signing him like nardellio.

Best of luck to him in his future endeavours. he had ability that cant be denied but his injury record was shocking and Argyle really shouldnt have gone near him if our budget wasnt so shit.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 7:10 pm

is he the only man ever to have taken cash from Brent for nothing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 7:32 pm

He didn't take one penny from J Brent Esq., nor Governor Hallett, of that we can be sure.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyThu May 17, 2018 8:06 pm

Graisers pocket then...
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury EmptyFri May 18, 2018 2:07 pm

PatDunne wrote:
is he the only man ever to have taken cash from Brent for nothing?
he don’t mind well he is a big philanthropist pat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury   Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon Church: Wales striker retires aged 29 because of hip injury
Page 1 of 1