Elections

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Elections   Elections EmptyFri May 04, 2018 7:11 am

So the locals erections have happened, and Plymouth has switched to labour.. funny how it alternates each election but that's the nature of hung councils, but anyways has sir Jim gained or lost a supporter?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptyFri May 04, 2018 9:49 am

I only went and fookin voted baby

Viva la democracia, eh!

My boys lost though.

FURRRRRK

Life is hard.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptyFri May 04, 2018 10:09 am

Same meat, different gravy!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptyFri May 04, 2018 11:14 am

argyl3 wrote:
So the locals erections have happened, and Plymouth has switched to labour.. funny how it alternates each election but that's the nature of hung councils, but anyways has sir Jim gained or lost a supporter?

That's an interesting question and I have no idea what the ousted Bluekip-led council policy was so I don't know whether Brent has lost a supporter or not. He hasn't gained one though. Far from it.

Before Argyle bought back the freehold of the stadium PCC, under Labour control at the time, was in negotiation with the club about what to do about the grandstand and PCC was all in favour of pulling it down and building a new one.

Clearly there's all sorts of issues involved here about who should have paid for it. PCC as landlord had a clear obligation to contribute but politically it was a rather different matter ("how can they spend money on Argyle when they are closing X, Y and Z?" or "so that's why our council tax always goes up" etc - erroneous arguments as it happens but simplistic and seemingly relevant and very easy to communicate).

Anyway in short PCC was prepared to match the club's funding to a maximum of £5m giving a £10m budget in total. Brent, such as is his want, wanted more and more from the deal while putting in less and less. At the last minute with the deal about to be done Brent pushed it too far got told to do one in no uncertain terms and everything collapsed amidst much swearing and acrimony.

From that day on the Plymouth Labour Party has been no friend to Mr Brent and since it is all entirely a privately-owned concern there is no likelihood at all that a Labour-led PCC will lift a finger to help anything he might propose unless they really have to.

Politics is what it is though. Just as a once cosy relationship collapsed into animosity I suppose it could go back the other way. I can't see it myself but never say never.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptyFri May 04, 2018 3:45 pm

How stupid are the people of Plymouth to re elect tudor evans as council leader after the mess he keeps leaving behind.

I guess the most worshipful handshaking people amongst the electorate have their reasons i am sure Brent is chuffed he is getting his mate back at the helm.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptyFri May 04, 2018 4:26 pm

... and some land on stoney ground.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elections   Elections EmptyFri May 04, 2018 6:01 pm