Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yet another club at the mercy...........

Go down 
+8
Freathy
VillageGreen
Elias
Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
Innocent Egbunike
Greenskin
akagreengull
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Says it all Gulls one nil down at Plainmoor after 5mins against relegated Guisely who have a man sent off after 3mins - can it get any worse?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Can only imagine how grim and depressing it must be right now at Plainmoor in the rain watching Torquay losing 1 -3 to
Guisley.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 9:24 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Can only imagine how grim and depressing it must be right now at Plainmoor in the rain watching Torquay losing 1 -3 to
Guisley.

I do most of my work in the Paignton, Torbay, Torquay area.
It's big old strip of land, always struck me at the lack of support for the football team, especially in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Guisley.

It's big old strip of land, always struck me at the lack of support for the football team, especially in recent years.

Trouble is most people who live in the Bay don't come from there, without Chiefs like success they will all support Liverpool, their home team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 9:38 am

Sadly for Torquay, football teams can go the way of all community activities such as cotton mills and decaying swimming pools. If humans abandon them, they disappear.
I listend to that owner on the radio last night, what a property speculating creep, a real fibber and opportunist, with not a care or interest in the actual football club. In this case it appears as if the club is being purposefully guided to the gallows. When things are ripe for the plucking, all manner of nasty souls turn up to feed. If the local fanbase, with help from the Council, don't kick him into touch, he'll succeed, and the world will carry on.
Is this the bloke that Brent was giving 10k to for No goals Nat ? I don't know, and maybe the previous owners weren't trustworthy/capable either. It just feels like the feeders sense an easy kill. We need Attenborough to commentate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 9:40 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Guisley.

Trouble is most people who live in the Bay don't come from there, without Chiefs like success they will all support Liverpool, their home team.

Was about to say similar. Most people have either retired down there, waiting to grow up and leave or condemned to a life of seasonal tourist related work. Add that to the to the fact that Torquay have been hopeless for much of their 90 off year history and you get why no one gives a shit about them.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 11:47 am

Nate cost Jim 15 big ones I think?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Guisley.

Ain’t that the truth. Torbay is full of Scousers running away from Liverpool for various reasons. The only two things of any substance they bring with them is crime and heroin addiction.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 1:46 pm

beesrus wrote:
Sadly for Torquay, football teams can go the way of all community activities such as cotton mills and decaying swimming pools. If humans abandon them, they disappear.
I listend to that owner on the radio last night, what a property speculating creep, a real fibber and opportunist, with not a care or interest in the actual football club. In this case it appears as if the club is being purposefully guided to the gallows. When things are ripe for the plucking, all manner of nasty souls turn up to feed. If the local fanbase, with help from the Council, don't kick him into touch, he'll succeed, and the world will carry on.
Is this the bloke that Brent was giving 10k to for No goals Nat ?  I don't know, and maybe the previous owners weren't trustworthy/capable either. It just feels like the feeders sense an easy kill. We need Attenborough to commentate.
I heard the interview on the Radio to bees it reminded so much of Brent 6yrs ago in fact basically spewing out the shame shit Brent did..quite eerrie really bees
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 3:21 pm

The club has spiralled out of control ever since Bateson sold it years ago to the guy with no money (forgot his name) They relied on Paul Bristow (the lottery winner) and his widow to subsidise the club (Bristows Bench stand) until she pulled out because she was nearly drained dry.
Then you get a creep like Osbourne in - at least Brent gives interviews, this guy had to be threatend by the local MP before he spoke.
Dark days indeed, hard to see a way back.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 3:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another club at the mercy...........   Yet another club at the mercy........... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yet another club at the mercy...........
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2