Tringreen
Pete1886
Coxside_Green
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Who is Chris Webb exactly? Empty
PostSubject: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:34 am

Feel free to move to banter if necessary. I also apologise for what seems like a personal attack on an individual. Please delete if you feel there's nothing to be gained from this topic. My only personal interest is "our" Club.

From what I know he joined PASOTI either last year or late 2010. He certainly isn't regarded as one of your/our long-term individuals we can associate with. He came from nowhere. He isn't John Lloyd, he isn't Paul Roberts, he isn't anyone who we can really associate with, or is he?

What we do know is he is very good delivering speeches, especially to gullible. The downturn is he has now joined the owner. Nobody can take away his strengths but his weaknesses are now more than questionable. What are his weaknesses?. He cannot handle his baby 'FV' for one. He cannot or refuses to post his 'Presidential' update here, despite the relatively high viewing audience. He wont answer any questions here. In fact he wont answer any questions full stop. Yet he'll still twatter.

It's great he'll twatter away and ask 'fans greatest crowd experience' (or words to that affect). Some people might give examples, not He. I'll happily say he wasn't there, prove me wrong.

All I'm really asking, who is he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:46 am

I asked Chris a similar question regarding his Argyle track record, his response was as always predictable and the toys once again left his pram.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 am

But he single handedly saved the club from extinction. He fought tooth and nail on his own while everyone else sat behind a keyboard.

What did you do......

Where were you.....

He can't answer every question because he is on his phone and the typos are too bad come on it's hard work being Brenty's taxi buddy.....

WHAT DID YOU DO TO SAVE THE CLUB......

You cannot criticise him because you naaaaaaaaaaat a praaaaaaaaaaaper faaaaaaaaaaaan

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:02 am

For someone that relies so strongly on the Internet to get his points across it's strange that he feels he can't tell us what Pasoti name he used prior to becoming "Chris Webb".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Just an observation from me. Does it really matter who he was or where he came from previously or indeed how long he was around as a supporter? From what I've read on ATD there does appear to be an acknowledgement that he helped, didn't achieve it alone, in the process of saving Argyle from extinction. In fact he is given credit for that and rightly so in my book. But, isn't it more relevant to ask the question who is he now rather than was? He has been given the title of President by the new owner. Now that from a Brent point of view was probably seen as a great PR thing at the time to get the masses on his side and be popular. However, is he President material or was it a mistake on Brent's part in reality. Again, from what I've read both on here and PASOTI since his appointment, my opinion is that it is a mistake and he is the wrong person for that post. In war time you need a bully loud mouthed type. In peace you need a much different character and he is more the former than the latter. He is not capable of bringing the fanbase together and shows way too much favour to one faction rather than all. He will continue to be the focus of much ire unfortunately but will still be feted by the ones he favours. Wrong man in the right job because we need a President of the people rather than just a section of them. He will never unite the fans as long as he remains and indeed will prove to be the dividing factor which is not what the job demands.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Living up to your name there SG. A very sensible and good post!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Yes, that is a very sensible post from Sensiblegreeny.

Good post SG and fair comments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Much better than yesterday's drivel SG Razz Still smarting at being owned by Victor Meldrew.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Round of applause for SG.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 pm

He is not a good speech maker imo. He is merely the best of a bad bunch, is opportunistic and has terrible diction.

Well that's wot I fink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Agree with that SG.

I very much get the impression that he has been 'promoted beyond his capabilities' as a thank you for being so vocal in saving the club. If he can prove me wrong there remains to be seen, but on the evidence so far, it's not looking good. Sad
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Agree with that SG.

I very much get the impression that he has been 'promoted beyond his capabilities' as a thank you for being so vocal in saving the club. If he can prove me wrong there remains to be seen, but on the evidence so far, it's not looking good. Sad

I have never met the bloke, but I have seen him at away games. IMO, he looked like the cat who'd got the cream when he presented Brent to the fans at Cheltenham.
I just get the idea that he stands there in front of the mirror, stroking his short-crop, Action Man beard, while listening to one of those life changing/motivational cassettes.
'I can do this. Failure is not an option'. He probably talks about himself in the third person, as well.
Still, if he single-handedly gets Argyle automatic promotion this season, then I am sure we will all be delighted with his presidency. Is it too early to immortalise him in bronze outside the Embassy Club, or the Home Park car park? Remembering of course, if we do, he could well fall victim to metal theft.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:42 pm

argylepaul wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
Agree with that SG.

I have never met the bloke, but I have seen him at away games. IMO, he looked like the cat who'd got the cream when he presented Brent to the fans at Cheltenham.
I just get the idea that he stands there in front of the mirror, stroking his short-crop, Action Man beard, while listening to one of those life changing/motivational cassettes.
'I can do this. Failure is not an option'. He probably talks about himself in the third person, as well.
Still, if he single-handedly gets Argyle automatic promotion this season, then I am sure we will all be delighted with his presidency. Is it too early to immortalise him in bronze outside the Embassy Club, or the Home Park car park? Remembering of course, if we do, he could well fall victim to metal theft.

Now what sort of people would steal metal ?................... oh the irony.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
argylepaul wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
Agree with that SG.

Now what sort of people would steal metal ?................... oh the irony.

People who know a good scrap dealer? Rolling Eyes

If he did get nicked, then some would say, Webb would then (allegedly) be leading the singing to get his own back, at every opposition Paul McGregor or Chris Hargreaves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm

I think that is a little unfair argylepaul with your description of what he may or may not do in private. I have never met the man either and have no idea what he does on his days off. I'm only interested in what he does in his post of President and it is there we should judge not anywhere else. I thnk he is entitled to feel chuffed that his endeavours were rewarded with a lofty title and to be honest so would most of us if we had been given it. For me it isn't any sour grapes it just my observations on what he has done since his promotion. I think, maybe because of his day job, he is only capable of confrontation because that is his forte and he is used to doing it. The post of president doesn't call for that. Not surprising the Country turned to Churchill in wartime but dumped him at the first opportunity afterwards. The people always remembered him with gratitude but recognised he could not lead the peace. Don't think Webb is quite Churchill but you probably get my drift. Some people just don't have the intellect to change tack and can only be one dimensional. I regret, genuinely because he deserved recognition, that this is the case but sadly it is. Get rid Mr Brent and put somebody in the post who is not so confrontational and is more acceptable to ALL of the fanbase or at least majority.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I think that is a little unfair argylepaul with your description of what he may or may not do in private.

Am I missing something here ? Have we all missed a nuance of double talk ?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:28 pm

According to his twitter, Chris will be Radio Devon/ ArgyleWorld co-commentator on the Macclesfield game on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Manchester Green

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:33 am

Weird that people who were so against PASOTI "outing" posters are now desperate to find out who the President was once posting as! Strange double standards. Also, if some people are so against the idea of "super-fans" then who gives a cack what CW did before he was President? I couldn't care less if he followed Man United religiously before 2010, surely he should be judged on what he's doing now? Which is hours of unpaid work with the best intentions of the club at heart...

Jesus wept.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:58 am

Manchester Green wrote:
Weird that people who were so against PASOTI "outing" posters are now desperate to find out who the President was once posting as! Strange double standards. Also, if some people are so against the idea of "super-fans" then who gives a cack what CW did before he was President?

What a load of tosh...

On this thread, one person, Gob, says he finds it strange that Chris Webb can't tell us what Pasoti name he used prior to becoming "Chris Webb", and that becomes "people who are now desperate" etc...

Your comment was made despite the fact that several people including Gob then agreed with SensibleG that it doesn't matter who Chris Webb was then, it matters who he is now!

Did you even read this thread?

Jesus weeps alright.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:29 am

Manchester Green wrote:
Weird that people who were so against PASOTI "outing" posters are now desperate to find out who the President was once posting as! Strange double standards. Also, if some people are so against the idea of "super-fans" then who gives a cack what CW did before he was President? I couldn't care less if he followed Man United religiously before 2010, surely he should be judged on what he's doing now? Which is hours of unpaid work with the best intentions of the club at heart...

Jesus wept.

Firstly, there's a big difference between 'outing' a poster whose only 'crime' was to have a different opinion from the majority, and asking questions about the past history of someone who has been given a prominent role as some sort of unelected fans rep within the club. I'm sure this needs no further explanation.

Secondly, I do agree he should be judged on what he's doing now. It's my opinion he's not doing a whole lot of good and I was rather hoping a few people would come along and vouch for his previous Argo history, if only to give me some sort of hope he'd eventually come good. The absence of such replies leave me disappointed and further cements my cynicism of the man, oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:02 pm

"the best of intentions of the club at heart"

The best intentions for the club would include ALL of the supporters and not disaffecting a section of them in favour of others. I would suggest you use your computer to look up what a President in this context should be and then put your hand on your heart and say what you see in his case. Oh, and take the tinted specs off first. During "the war" he was considered to be the equivalent of a General and led the troops from the front. It is no longer "during the war" it is peacetime and he is no more than a supporter like the rest of us. If he is to be elevated to something more than that then he should adjust and act accordingly.
Back to top Go down
katman

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:21 pm

He's twittered that his valentines date is Argyle!!
Get real man,there's more to life than Argyle
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:52 pm

How did he come to be on the Board of and then leader of the Trust? Was he ever elected?

It was this position (on the Trust Board) that lead him to being where he is now.
Back to top Go down
Manchester Green

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Rickler wrote:
Manchester Green wrote:
Weird that people who were so against PASOTI "outing" posters are now desperate to find out who the President was once posting as! Strange double standards. Also, if some people are so against the idea of "super-fans" then who gives a cack what CW did before he was President?

What a load of tosh...

On this thread, one person, Gob, says he finds it strange that Chris Webb can't tell us what Pasoti name he used prior to becoming "Chris Webb", and that becomes "people who are now desperate" etc...

Your comment was made despite the fact that several people including Gob then agreed with SensibleG that it doesn't matter who Chris Webb was then, it matters who he is now!

Did you even read this thread?

Jesus weeps alright.

Fair enough, I went off the strange initial post, and couldn't bring myself to read every other post. If he did accept that his prior involvement doesn't matter (I really CBA reading it), then fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Manchester Green

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
"the best of intentions of the club at heart"

The best intentions for the club would include ALL of the supporters and not disaffecting a section of them in favour of others. I would suggest you use your computer to look up what a President in this context should be and then put your hand on your heart and say what you see in his case. Oh, and take the tinted specs off first. During "the war" he was considered to be the equivalent of a General and led the troops from the front. It is no longer "during the war" it is peacetime and he is no more than a supporter like the rest of us. If he is to be elevated to something more than that then he should adjust and act accordingly.

Who has been disaffected by his decisions? If you're on about a few grumpy old buggers who don't like kids singing near them in the Devonport, then I'd argue that the vast majority won't agree this reasoning. Decisions by their very nature tend to favour some to the detriment of others, this is an inescapable aspect of utilitarianism. What has CW done to the detriment of a majority of Argyle fans? That's right, nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is Chris Webb exactly?   Who is Chris Webb exactly? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is Chris Webb exactly?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next