`rgill
Grovehill
PlymptonPilgrim
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 13:02

Is he purposely raising this flag debate to deflect attention and debate away from the lack of movement regarding the manager, new signings, league position etc. and general club issues?
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 13:06

GOB wrote:
Is he purposely raising this flag debate to deflect attention and debate away from the lack of movement regarding the manager, new signings, league position etc. and general club issues?

I don't think so. The transfer window for buying new flags closes on the 31st and until the emergency flag loan window opens we are stuck - so it has to be now.
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 13:17

Silly me, I forgot that. Can't we bring in a flag on loan from somewhere, I hear that Darlington may have one we can borrow?
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 13:17

Just another false debate that then ends up with what was planned all along.

Noam Chomski had it right .......... "The manufacture of consent".
I bet those Lyndy fans never knew they needed their own flag until it was suggested. I bet brent is well for it. Very Happy

My concern is that this whole forza thing ( it's happening all over the country ) is a macro social manipulation on a grand scale of years. They know really hard times are coming, and they want all the unemployed young men tied up under a bunch of flags.... what better motivation in England than their footy club.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 13:25

You've got it all wrong. The more flags we have the more games we'll win.

We've moved on from the mentoring, we're now on to 'flagging'.

They need to come up with a new name though.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 15:10

I'm all for new flags, but we need to make sure it's a big "target flag" that we can all aim "long chants" at.

That's the only way we'll progress in this League.

PS. If Deehan's coming in as a mentor, we need to know what flag experience he'll bring to the club. Will he, for instance be coaching the flag bearers?
Back to top Go down
`rgill

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 18:36

Say no to the the bunting tossers.
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 18:55

Why not ask him ?
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 19:01

Mr President doesn't entertain questions from here anymore.... full stop.... his choice, not ours.
I would imagine the new mentor will be mentored first.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 19:03

chriswebbfanclub wrote:
I'm all for new flags, but we need to make sure it's a big "target flag" that we can all aim "long chants" at.

That's the only way we'll progress in this League.

PS. If Deehan's coming in as a mentor, we need to know what flag experience he'll bring to the club. Will he, for instance be coaching the flag bearers?

If he hasn't got his UEFA Flagging Badges I will be appalled at this appointment.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:05

Shouldnt the flags be used to cover the rubble of the mayflower????
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:09

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
Shouldnt the flags be used to cover the rubble of the mayflower????

Are you saying that in your official capacity as a representative of a fan group?
Back to top Go down
argyledj

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:09

in many ways i have regrets that james brent bought our club he talks about honesty and integrity then appoints a dictator as his president a man who can only bully people through pbay or his twitter page if they dare to disagree! i know i sound like a baby throwing his rattle out of the pram but his behaviour and that of his blind followers has left me with little appetite to go to argyle.

i don't want to sit in a stand and pass a giant flag over my head maybe im old fashioned at 41 but i would rather have that one player who can get me out of seat with that little moment of magic or perhaps even start a season with hope and expectation of obtaining a decent league position maybe even a cup run (unlikely) but i dont want to be made to wave a flag or sing or even abused for having to leave that bit early to make sure i get to work on time.

i doubt james brent would read this site although he bloody should, but just in case he does if you want whats best for the club ditch the president because he will create a bigger divide between the fanbase than even the last board or kevin heaney would of been capable of doing in fact part of me wishes he had found the money.
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:18

DJ, I expect you are talking for a growing number of fans. If this last couple of months is anything to go on, we could be in for some rocky times with this pair doing what they're doing. And if we should actually get relegated, which to be fair has nothing to do with the Webbs and Nools of this world, I could see the fanbase in total disarray and at each others' throats.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:28

`rgill wrote:
Say no to the the bunting tossers.

Health & Safety I know some disable supporter are not happy to have a flag over them
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:34

I have a proposal for a very big white flag. Now some might see that as surrender but this is far from the real reason to have one. When I was a kid most went to Saturday morning cinema for sixpence to see such delights as "Rocket Man" and "Pancho Villa Rides Again". Part of the entertainment was that an old bloke, well he was old to me then, used to sit playing a furging great organ at the front of the house and all the kids had to sing along. To facilitate this the words to the songs were put up on a big white screen with a little ball that bobbed along the words as the song went. Given that the new thing is that everyone is supposed to sing at the ground now this would encourage, especially the very young and the older ones who remember saturday mornings of the past, to join in thus raising the noise level and making Home Park the fortress it should be. The place to hang it would be directly above the away end and if it was big enough would also snuff out any involvement from the travelling contingent. Result all around in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:39

The reason I don't want a flag over the lyndhurst is because it's been foisted on me. If someone had asked nicely, I would have thought why the hell not. Instead it's been rammed down everyones throat with abuse and mockery for any dissenters. The ever changing president role seems to have settled on in charge of all the fans and its putting me off going, because I don't feel feel they belong to me anymore, is that stupid?

Last edited by Bogsider on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 22:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:39

Not you as well Kencht !!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:41

~ The State Cinema, St Budeaux. Saturday mornings, 10am. 6d to get in ...

At half time, all the kids who'd had a birthday went up on the stage and we sang a special song. I can even remember that song. Think they got a present, too ...

Cartoons, a serial (usually a Western), kids running round, chucking things off the balcony, sitting on the top of unfolded down chairs and drumming their heels on the seat bases ... three or four scared looking adults keeping well out of it ...

Sigh ~

Thanks for the memories, Sensible Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 20:52

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I have a proposal for a very big white flag. Now some might see that as surrender but this is far from the real reason to have one. When I was a kid most went to Saturday morning cinema for sixpence to see such delights as "Rocket Man" and "Pancho Villa Rides Again". Part of the entertainment was that an old bloke, well he was old to me then, used to sit playing a furging great organ at the front of the house and all the kids had to sing along. To facilitate this the words to the songs were put up on a big white screen with a little ball that bobbed along the words as the song went. Given that the new thing is that everyone is supposed to sing at the ground now this would encourage, especially the very young and the older ones who remember saturday mornings of the past, to join in thus raising the noise level and making Home Park the fortress it should be. The place to hang it would be directly above the away end and if it was big enough would also snuff out any involvement from the travelling contingent. Result all around in my opinion.

Brilliant idea cheers I can see it now altogether now "We are the boys and girls well known as members of the abc ............ "

the man with the large organ bounce was Reginald Dixon
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 21:12

Grumpy wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Brilliant idea cheers I can see it now altogether now "We are the boys and girls well known as members of the abc ............ "

the man who's the large organ bounce was Reginald Dixon

We've got one of them at HP....
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 21:15

Made I smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 21:42

Peggy wrote:
~ The State Cinema, St Budeaux. Saturday mornings, 10am. 6d to get in ...

At half time, all the kids who'd had a birthday went up on the stage and we sang a special song. I can even remember that song. Think they got a present, too ...

Cartoons, a serial (usually a Western), kids running round, chucking things off the balcony, sitting on the top of unfolded down chairs and drumming their heels on the seat bases ... three or four scared looking adults keeping well out of it ...

Sigh ~

Thanks for the memories, Sensible Very Happy

The State. Now you're talking! Lots of happy memories there. We used to catch the bus from West Park - sometimes walked home so we could spend the bus-money on sweets. No kids would be allowed to do that nowadays. I don't remember any man playing with his organ though.
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 21:52

Well you should have gone to The Royal then. Your loss. We had a bloke with a huge one.
Back to top Go down

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012, 07:54

I can't understand how Cardiff sung so well last night............I watched the match and before kick off I was dead keen to see what sought of flag they had that helped them sing so well..........I couldn't see one anywhere.........I expect in the end it was because they were welsh..........and don't need a big flag.
Near the end of the match I did see a very small English cross of St George flag down the Palace end of the ground...........if only they had relized the importance of a really really big flag........then they might have won............a big flag wins everytime over just singing doesn't it...........we will have to put them in touch with a man who could educate them in the value of a big big flag. especially very expensive ones.

If they had only realized that lots of really big flags would make them unbeatable...........imagine it's taken a 150 years for some mediocre west of England club to discover the power of BIG BIG FLAGS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Webb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb   Chris Webb Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Webb
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next