Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW Empty
PostSubject: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:13 am

Feeney now out injured for a month gives us a positive opportunity for a new attacking approach.Playing one or both of the new guys tomorrow up front depending on Chadwicks fitness with Hemming and Lennox on the wings providing the chance of a quick counter attack will give us the best chance tomorrow.Feeney holding the ball up with his back to the goal,for what? has been totally ineffective.We need guys running onto the ball and taking a crack at goal instead.Attack from the start we have a chance,sit deep and hope for an opportunity will only bring relegation even closer.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:23 am

Need to win, need to be positive and at home too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:27 am

With Barker, Coughlan and Gilbert in their back four, it's not going to be a particularly mobile Southend defence. Pace up front is essential; Might be an idea to include young Vassell on the bench as a bit of a wild card for late on in the second half (if we're still in touch with Southend by then Shocked ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Lennox, Hemmings & McScotsbloke aren't short of pace apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Cocko doesn't play much for them anymore: he's more involved in his coaching role.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:10 pm

What's the bet we sit back and let them come at us? Suicidal but can't see Fletcher having the balls to pick an attacking team and tell em to go for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:26 pm

If we sit back and try to counter and get beat then there will be plenty ready to have a go at Fletcher for no ambition. If we go for it all guns blazing and get beat the same people will be saying tactically inept and has no idea how to play a team at the top. Bottom line therefore is we must win or he will get slaughtered whatever he has done. It's a hell of a lot safer in your armchair or on the Terraces isn't it. Personally I'd get somebody to give their squad food poisoning and either get the match postponed along with all the other off matches or make them play when dribbling down the wing will take on a whole different meaning or curling one in the box.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Erm....you get forward y'know, no ....wait, come back for corners yknow and erm pass it like..no...hoof it and erm....................... what do you fink John ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
If we sit back and try to counter and get beat then there will be plenty ready to have a go at Fletcher for no ambition. If we go for it all guns blazing and get beat the same people will be saying tactically inept and has no idea how to play a team at the top. Bottom line therefore is we must win or he will get slaughtered whatever he has done. It's a hell of a lot safer in your armchair or on the Terraces isn't it. Personally I'd get somebody to give their squad food poisoning and either get the match postponed along with all the other off matches or make them play when dribbling down the wing will take on a whole different meaning or curling one in the box.

Very Happy It's obviously pretty safe in your armchair, you haven't offered one tactical idea on the game apart from doing the pitch in.
An attacking plan isn't 'all guns blazing' as you would have us believe. One winger with one to go sounds a good idea to me... the lump up front is going to need something to get on the end of. Good to see Feeney 'out injured' for a month. That's a mightily handy injury given we've just brought in 'cover' for him clown

I think we can say Feeney will not be getting another contract at the club, he's hardly done a thing ... a poor aquisition and one wonders why he was 'lined up' for so long. Was he a Jamie Hart find ?
You are right about the bottom line though ... if we lose, there are going to be questions asked in the House... and so there should be. Badly rooted in the relegation places with James Brent talking of saving his ammo until it's absolutely neccessary.... great.
let's hope El Presidente has got a plan up his sleeve for this one on the terraces. C'mon Chris, you can win this one for us clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:07 pm

At least my way we wouldn't lose though.........unless their reserves get here fast and are better than our selected 11. Damn, obviously didn't think it through thoroughly enough. That's why I don't even play football manager games either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
At least my way we wouldn't lose though.........unless their reserves get here fast and are better than our selected 11. Damn, obviously didn't think it through thoroughly enough. That's why I don't even play football manager games either.

I hear Carl Fletcher does. Came 5th one season, and a very intelligent man we're told, how lucky was that given he was already contracted..
I hope he doesn't do a Luggy 12 games before the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
GreenMill

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:53 pm

All Luggy's teams tend to play the same way away from home. They defend deep, sit back and invite the opposition to come on. Then they break at speed, usually with skill and width, often with a box-to-box man leading the charge. So the challenge to us will be to keep the attacks up but ensure there is a strong holding presence in midfield, 'we'll need to keep our shape, if we want pointage'. .

I'm hoping a young attack with experienced professionals (Wotton and Walton) behind them will cause enough problems to get at least a point tomorrow. In fact, I'll go for a gritty win by the odd goal.

Ain't Guinness good for you.. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:01 pm

There you go penzancepirate, an analysis of the away team, tactics for the home team and thrown in for good measure a prediction on the result. You can't be Fletcher in disguise GreenMill as it is too complete, are you Warnock and do I claim my £5?
Back to top Go down
GreenMill

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Very Happy don't worry Sensible, I've left my dossier assessing the teams in the changing room - 'by accident'..
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:14 pm

does fletcher have any tactics that mean we attack ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:14 pm

GreenMill wrote:
Very Happy don't worry Sensible, I've left my dossier assessing the teams in the changing room - 'by accident'..

That sounds suspiciously familiar! From the old 606 days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:53 pm

I've seen plenty of Luggy's teams, home and away. Sometimes they come unstuck. I'm a big believer in playing your own game. A pity Luggy couldn't change the tactics a bit when he faced better opposition. Put him under pressure, he doesn't have the proverbial.
Limited to the lower leagues and vulnerable to anyone who knows his ways. An automaton.
Passive reactions to everyone in a dogfight for relegation will get us nowhere.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:54 pm

It can't be greenjock, can it??? The hairs on the back of my neck would have surely gone up by instinct alone if it was............
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Fletcher does have his mentor in the stand-Mr Deehan to guide him re ATTACK options,we can't just rely on getting penalties for Walton to take!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Just wondering if luggy still makes his first substitutions with 5 mins to go like he used to with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It can't be greenjock, can it??? The hairs on the back of my neck would have surely gone up by instinct alone if it was............

If it is my nobhead detector didn't pick up the presence on the horizon. The force is waning in this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:35 pm

I like the look of todays line-up, with Luke Young, Hemmings, Chadwick and Tsoumou all starting. Thought Chadwick might be injured, he still looked it last week, and Lennox and Macdonald on the bench.

Also apparently Exeter fans in the away end so lets show em how to score a few goals eh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Got away with that one today. When we took the game to them it was loads better. Take note Fletcher please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Well, we did attack but only in the second half. Dire, woefully dire in the first half. Much more on the ball in the second. It's a game of two halves, Brian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:39 pm

We need to take advantage of our good result today now though. Draws won't keep us up so we have to start winning soon. This was a bonus point so we really have to get something against Macclesfield next week, and the way to do that is to go for it and be positive. If Walton and Wotton keep starting games together then it means we're hoping to nick a 1-0 and it's too dangerous a game to play.

Delighted with the point, and just glad the team didn't give up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW   WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW Empty

Back to top Go down

WE NEED TO ATTACK TOMORROW
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next