akagreengull
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

Matchday thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 5:17 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Was planning to go to the Gulls v Bromley game , changed my mind at the last minute, glad I did Gulls went down four nil. Doomed I'm afraid.

Better than the seven that Bromley scored 2or3 years back.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 5:33 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Nearly twelve thousand at the Brentihad, their reward a signing from the Scunthorpe dustbin!!
Where's the money going Akkeron Man?

Nearly 12 k up at the theatre of schemes, as Suffers said - and Derek has been chasing free agents all season, don't really add up does it! Oh yes WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE?.

THE BRENTMARE CONTINUES :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 6:33 pm

we played good the score line doesnt reflect that and thats what is important at the end of the day. We battled and went at them from the kickoff, The difference between the two as wigan where able to take their chances where as we passed it around trying to get it to carey or taylor as no one seems able to hit a shot from outside the box on target. we could have done with video ref in this game as there was an off the ball incident with carey that im sure would have resulted in a card.

The new defender is so so nothing amazing yet but we shall see how he develops over time. Church had ten minutes so its unfair to rate his debut.
Del Bhey still needs to bring in a few players i really hope he isnt resting on signing a journeyman striker and an untested youngster. toumani still needs replacing as ness and sarcevic arent of his class and both cant shoot for shit nor can fox for that matter.

Big crowd today which was good probably be bigger in two weeks with the visit of Blackburn.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Argyle- plenty of possession and corners, lots of pretty football which was over elaborate at times but very little end product. Wigan-strong, well organised and pacy on the break which enabled them to create most of the clear cut chances-in short they did a clinical job an Argyle in a way which promotion teams tend to do. Big turning point was Sarcevic missing Argyles best chance by far when it was 1-2-not that long after Wigan scored with a header from a corner which was deflected in off an Argyle head. Ref was crap-bizarre decision making, an inability to play the advantage and an apparent bias towards the visitors when it came to stopping play for injured players. Not blaming him though-Argyle were beaten by a better side. Not the same solidity from Argyle as in recent times-not sure if that was due to the depleted ranks or just through Wigans superiority, we shall no doubt see in weeks to come.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 12:48 am

[quote="Angry"]we played good the score line doesnt reflect that and thats what is important at the end of the day. We battled and went at them from the kickoff, The difference between the two as wigan where able to take their chances where as we passed it around trying to get it to carey or taylor as no one seems able to hit a shot from outside the box on target. we could have done with video ref in this game as there was an off the ball incident with carey that im sure would have resulted in a card.

The new defender is so so nothing amazing yet but we shall see how he develops over time. Church had ten minutes so its unfair to rate his debut.
Del Bhey still needs to bring in a few players i really hope he isnt resting on signing a journeyman striker and an untested youngster. toumani still needs replacing as ness and sarcevic arent of his class and both cant shoot for shit nor can fox for that matter.

In short our midfield was crap
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 3:31 am

Just had a look at the table. We lose against Oldham (not inconceivable given our record at their place) and MK Dons get something the same day then we are right back in the poo again.

This recent run has given so many on PASOTI illusions of grandeur.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 9:38 am

Was disappointing imo, maybe just the mood I was in but struggled with it yesterday. While Wigan are clearly streets ahead of us ability and budget wise (on their massive crowds)  I thought we looked toothless despite some decent possession and effort. We are by no means out of the race for L2 football next season and what happens between now and the end of the Jan window could define which way it goes. My heart says we'll have enough to stay up but my head isn't so sure.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks to brent's support for DA in the window, we are a weakened side compared to December. This team as it is is not good enough for L1. We'll be bottom 4 for much of the run-in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 11:06 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Was disappointing imo, maybe just the mood I was in but struggled with it yesterday. While Wigan are clearly streets ahead of us ability and budget wise (on their massive crowds)  I thought we looked toothless despite some decent possession and effort. We are by no means out of the race for L2 football next season and what happens between now and the end of the Jan window could define which way it goes. My heart says we'll have enough to stay up but my head isn't so sure.

Spot on, I think I what you describe puts to bed forever the idea that Ness or Sarc vid are fit to lace Diagouragas boots
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 am

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
we played good the score line doesnt reflect that and thats what is important at the end of the day. We battled and went at them from the kickoff, The difference between the two as wigan where able to take their chances where as we passed it around trying to get it to carey or taylor as no one seems able to hit a shot from outside the box on target. we could have done with video ref in this game as there was an off the ball incident with carey that im sure would have resulted in a card.

In short our midfield was crap

Fox was ok i thought. The other two are below par.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 am

Somewhat worrying was Matthews yesterday. We got a centre back in on loan to replace Edwards and Church in to back Taylor up. Cant see both of those 2 starting at same time either.
In short we are pretty much as we were.
He absolutely must sign another midfield general or quite possible we'll get sucked back towards the bottom 4 pretty quickly. Even the pantomine dames on JBSOTI are getting restless already over the transfer window signings or lack of
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 11:39 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Just had a look at the table. We lose against Oldham (not inconceivable given our record at their place) and MK Dons get something the same day then we are right back in the poo again.

This recent run has given so many on PASOTI illusions of grandeur.
Still in a relegation dogfight without a doubt, Brent will be looking at boosting Akkerons profitable argyle business, which mean good players sold and short contract fourth division or worse standard recruits bought in, i still think the club will get relegated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Somewhat worrying was Matthews yesterday. We got a centre back in on loan to replace Edwards and Church in to back Taylor up. Cant see both of those 2 starting at same time either.
He absolutely must sign another midfield general or quite possible we'll get sucked back towards the bottom 4 pretty quickly. Even the pantomine dames on JBSOTI are getting restless already over the transfer window signings or lack of

If we had a striker with pace that would help matters. Having Two strikers in our squad which for one is stupid anyway we should have more and two offers nothing new when its neede on the pitch. Having a striker with pace and an eye for goal would work a treat with some of the balls reuben plays that open up defences a treat that taylor cant make good on cause hes too slow.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 4:30 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Game over, only 5pts away from drop zone.
affraid laugh

That is the worrying part.

Couple more defeats and other teams catching up (and there are a few still with games in hand to go too) could leave Argyle exposed.

Bottom Nine Teams With Games in Hand

Bury (1) [20] - 23
Rochdale (3) [22] - 31
Oldham [29]
MK Dons (1) [30] - 33
Southend (1) [31] -34
Wimbledon (2) [31] - 37
Northampton [32]
Blackpool [33]
Walsall (2) [33] - 39

(1) - games in hand
[1] - actual points
1 - possible points

One or two of those above are probably due some decent form between now and the final day.

The run had to end sooner or later for Argyle, it is what happens next that is crucial.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 4:49 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

If we had a striker with pace that would help matters. Having Two strikers in our squad which for one is stupid anyway we should have more and two offers nothing new when its neede on the pitch. Having a striker with pace and an eye for goal would work a treat with some of the balls reuben plays that open up defences a treat that taylor cant make good on cause hes too slow.

Argyle lack change of pace all over the pitch and that was a primary reason why the game was lost yesterday. On the subject of strikers with a bit of a turn of speed, where was Jake Jervis yesterday-injured? If not, then the hairs on my wooden leg tell me that he could be on his way out which would be sad, quite like him as a player. Essentially Argyle need 6 wins from the remaining 17 games to be virtually assured of staying up and if they can't achieve that then they deserve to go down.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 5:36 pm

I noticed JJ's absence yesterday too. We have to assume he has an injury because he is usually there somewhere in the matchday squad even if he doesn't start.

I like him too. He deserves hero status for that goal at Pompey and if that isn't good enough then for jumping into the crowd when Hartley scored (again v Pompey but at Home Park this time).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I noticed JJ's absence yesterday too. We have to assume he has an injury because he is usually there somewhere in the matchday squad even if he doesn't start.

I like him too. He deserves hero status for that goal at Pompey and if that isn't good enough then for jumping into the crowd when Hartley scored (again v Pompey but at Home Park this time).

Jervis is good i feel he is better coming in from the wing than he is upfront. There was a story online that he might be on his way soon but i haven seen it mentioned anywhere else so i agree he must be injured. too good a player to let go especially now but he is out of contract like so many in the summer thanks to the shit contracts the club offers.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:38 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Game over, only 5pts away from drop zone.
affraid laugh

That is the worrying part.

Couple more defeats and other teams catching up (and there are a few still with games in hand to go too) could leave Argyle exposed.

Bottom Nine Teams With Games in Hand

Bury (1) [20] - 23
Rochdale (3) [22] - 31
Oldham [29]
MK Dons (1) [30] - 33
Southend (1) [31] -34
Wimbledon (2) [31] - 37
Northampton [32]
Blackpool [33]
Walsall (2) [33] - 39

(1) - games in hand
[1] - actual points
1 - possible points

One or two of those above are probably due some decent form between now and the final day.

The run had to end sooner or later for Argyle, it is what happens next that is crucial.

Unless we go on another decent run (which is possible) the table mid Jan indicates it will be a close finish mid table downwards for quite a few teams, I think a couple of relegation places will only be decided on the final day of the season.
Hopefully that doesn't apply to Argyle.
COYG cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Jervis is good i feel he is better coming in from the wing than he is upfront. There was a story online that he might be on his way soon but i haven seen it mentioned anywhere else so i agree he must be injured. too good a player to let go especially now but he is out of contract like so many in the summer thanks to the shit contracts the club offers.

Jervis will be snapped up by someone in L1 unless the reluctant spender shows some commitment to further the club - yeah right! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 11:13 pm

Look how far we've come........Are you going to buy the club ?.............Financial stability [austerity].......Enjoy the ride !
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 5:54 am

Morals openess and transparency. Where's Throbber to make up the twatty trio?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 am

Now we've got over the novelty of playing with ten men.....and are playing with a squad that has got over most of its injuries.... accept for Edwards who is now out for an unknown length of time, we will perform regularly in the top ten teams in this league....taking into account our appalling start to the season....I see us cementing a good solid mid-table position.
Personally we don't really miss McCormick and Letheren is now available again so we have cover, plus young Cooper is developing into a good reserve keeper if needed as well.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 8:20 am

Letheren, Roos and Matthews are all an improvement on Supeluke. Time to move on, whatever happens this season the side will need a complete restructure given player will be poached or out of contracts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 10:29 am

akagreengull wrote:
Letheren, Roos and Matthews are all an improvement on Supeluke. Time to move on, whatever happens this season the side will need a complete restructure given player will be poached or out of contracts.

Fifth year in a row the squad has to be rebuilt majorly due to tight wads and shit contracts. We cant keep doing it if we want a solid foundation for next season to push on otherwise again we will have a slow start till the players gel.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 12:35 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Fifth year in a row the squad has to be rebuilt majorly due to tight wads and shit contracts. We cant keep doing it if we want a solid foundation for next season to push on otherwise again we will have a slow start till the players gel.

Brent and silent Si aren't interested in 'next season to push on' because they don't want to spend more than necessary, they also know, even if Akkeron Argo go down this season they will still attract 7 - 10K crowds on average, because the blinkered think lower league average footie is all they can expect and deserve.
Ambition my arse!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matchday thread   Matchday thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Matchday thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next