shonbo
Peggy
Greenlander
Sir Francis Drake
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

ATD Film Club - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 4:29 pm

So, in the heat of this Summer, the like of which we haven't seen since maybe '76 and the standpipes, with all the water issues surrounding higher home park, a good time to download probably the best films ever made re the politics of water, it's shortages, and local parochial corruption

Jean de Florette, and it's sequel Manon des Sources are the two must see French art house that transfer to mainstream, as did chocolat in a hybrid sense.
We all remember Gerard Depardieu, check out how he and his deformity get on leaving the city to make it as a country small holder, almost Thomas Hardy Clym Yeobright stuff for those classical novel fans. Urbane gerard meets village interests and animal essence. Emotionally disturbing if you have a heart, but the two films need to be seen as one story, as the daughter returns, animal fully intact, representing irresistible nature. Classic classic French language cinema at it's best. First saw these films at the Looe St art centre that still runs to this day. Theses films are up there with Citizen Kane. Download them now.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 4:58 pm

I have always meant to catch up with them.

I once watched about an hour of the middle of Jean de Florette and was totally mesmerised but circumstances didn't allow me to see it to the end and I missed the start!

JdF was widely pastiched by the Stella Artois adverts a while later but that aside the heat, dust and aridity just pours forth from the screen and the Depardieu character is totally beguiling.

They are both, well JdF is any way, proper quality despite 'em speaking forrin.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Watched that art house classic Tomb Raider earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Smokey and the Bandit was on ITV 4 yesterday. Well good.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Have got darkest hour on DVD to watch. We've had the film for weeks!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 6:54 am

Pleasantly surprised to see Rise of the Footsoldier 4 is in production this year

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 am

Do we need an ATD film club now we have the two jumbotron, deep-crust, Brent cams?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Watched the first Kingsman film earlier, easy on the brain and rather enjoyable I thought. The fight scene in the church was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Great film and the second one is enjoyable as well.

The Hitman and his bodyguard is a good one also.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Will check them out moulders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 6:49 pm

With reference to other contemporary stuff and the obvious coming nasty battle of authoritarian conservatism and liberal values across many areas of the planet, get yourself a bit of Pan's Labyrinth.
Many of us think fiction the best way to portray real underlying truths of human existence, and how  real understanding  is a sweep, not a detail. Filmed in the most beautiful manner and style of another master story teller, Tim Burton. A story of the immediate post civil war Spain and fascism. illustrated in an often spiritual manner including the forces we don't see..  A timely reminder
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 9:34 pm

Theres a brilliant movie o. Film Four tonight at 11pm. The Greasy Strangler. If youve never seen it give it a go. You will thank me for it one day
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 9:51 pm

They've got Taxi Driver on afterwards too.

Now there's a film!

De Niro was never better. Neither was Harvey Keitel as a very young Jodie Foster's pimp. Scorcese's little cameo as a passenger... The mirror scene... The worst ever first date with Cybil Shepherd...

Dark. Brutal. Ambivalent. Sensational.

A bit short on laughs though.

Another one you have to see if you've not seen it before and one which'll reward a repeat viewing if you have. Definitely one of the all-time great movies.
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 8:07 pm

I just watched the Sting on ITV4, one of my fav films.
Tonight at 10pm on Ch5 is STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, the biopic of N.W.A. Ive also found this quite good as well.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 6:32 pm

Just watched part 1 and part 2
Have never seen it before The Great Train Robbery "A Coppers tale" originally broadcast on BBC1 in December 2013 which is probably why I never saw it originally

Sublime with Jim Broadbent I was riveted to both parts..... HD Quality

Part 1 tells of the robbery and part 2 of the police efforts to find them. Link for 2nd part is at end of the 1st
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Popped into the Savoy in Penzance tonight for old times sake.
And funnily enough, guess what is currently doing the rounds, Jim Broadbent in another true story heist movie, the Hatton Garden wobbewy. The King of Thieves is one of those group of well known actor capers, Michael Cane, Ray Winston, Mike Gambon, Tom Courtnay etc. Fast paced, not artistic genius, but thoroughly enjoyable, suited our simple requirements. These heists are filmed so much better these days than the old cardboard static set pieces. Better value than the fiver for last night's ifollow.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 5:01 am

beesrus wrote:
Popped into the Savoy in Penzance tonight for old times sake.
And funnily enough, guess what is currently doing the rounds, Jim Broadbent in another true story heist movie, the Hatton Garden wobbewy. The King of Thieves is one of those group of well known actor capers, Michael Cane, Ray Winston, Mike Gambon, Tom Courtnay etc. Fast paced, not artistic genius, but thoroughly enjoyable, suited our simple requirements. These heists are filmed so much better these days than the old cardboard static set pieces. Better value than the fiver for last night's ifollow.

Looking forward to seeing that. There is another heist movie based on that robbery which is quite good will try link it in later.... Watch that one I recommended above if you get the chance.  Was very clever how they "fitted up" Gordon Goody who despite being part of it they couldn't prove until.....
I had to google him after watching to work out exactly what had happened at the time
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 5:16 am

Hatton Garden Heist movie from 2015

Its good but dont pay the youtube fee to watch it as its normally on the 123 movie sites free of charge

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 10:31 pm

Midnight tonight The Chase (1966) on Talking Pictures Ch FV 81.

Never seen it. KNow little about it except Marlon Brando, Robert Redford, Jane Fonda, Angie Dickinson, Robert Duvall... "Reeves' escape from prison affects the inhabitants of a small Southern town."

Sounds like a good un.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATD Film Club   ATD Film Club - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ATD Film Club
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3