The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brent Interview with Sparksy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Brent Interview with Sparksy Empty
PostSubject: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:04 am

Summary of what he said (from Graham Clark on pasoti)

For those unable to listen, below is a summary of what James Brent had to say in his interview with Sparksy this morning.

There are limited funds available for transfers.

There is a possibility of 'one or two new faces'. Fletcher has identified gaps in cover to address

The funding for transfers is not dependent on players being sold or moved on.

There is clearly room for improvement. It is a nervous time but the trend is positive.

Fletcher has been organised in attempting to address the gaps in cover and has extended the contracts of those he wished to retain.

Fans are supportive and understand the limitation in which the club has to work.

No fixed deadline on the details of the GASB. There is a non Board and non management team working group working on the details of the GASB

Usual calm and authoritative interview.from James Brent. No doubt the full interview will be available soon on GoS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:08 am

I believe he also said that although new signings were not dependant on players being sold, if a good offer came in for any players they would be considered. Just imagine if Bhasera or A N Other was sold today for peanuts and no-one came in?

I reckon we will get one or two players in, so fingers crossed a striker and Lionel Messi.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:12 am

As this transfer window has been about signing players already at the club, I think u12 coach, Ian Stonebridge, will be snapped up and Nancekivell will be offered a player-coaching role. Avivas will proclaim that 2 significant signings have been made on Transfer Deadline Day and proceed to wet themselves jocolor .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:21 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
No fixed deadline on the details of the GASB. There is a non Board and non management team working group working on the details of the GASB

Any word on who's on this working group or how they got to be there?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 am

Peggy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

We can probably guess who is on it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:56 am

Freathy wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I think it's more likely to be club employees than anyone else (ie people who are actually on the payroll, rather than those who think/wish they were).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:58 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I think it's more likely to be club employees than anyone else (ie people who are actually on the payroll, rather than those who think/wish they were).

Hope so Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 am

Loving the avatar Peggy, your hair is looking lovely today. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:47 am

Iggy wrote:
Loving the avatar Peggy, your hair is looking lovely today. Smile

Agreed. I'm absolutely Bewitched !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:13 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
There is clearly room for improvement. It is a nervous time but the trend is positive.

No fixed deadline on the details of the GASB. There is a non Board and non management team working group working on the details of the GASB[/i]

As others have said, I think we can see from the growing debacle on the pitch, just who that ''working group' are. I predict this group will hang on in there, at least to the start of next season, and will be suddenly moved onto the fans representation board with any election whatsoever.... a "rethink" will be the excuse. It's why they're so up him.

As to the "trend" Laughing Laughing ... dear oh dear, has he got some flip chart in the boardroom like some room occupation sales graph ? what's he on.
I've got news for james Brent, there has been a honeymoon period when Reid was sacked and the club was purchased, and players paid a wage. We're now falling backwards again even though we have brought in 5 new players. I don't know what trend he could be possibly looking at. His analysis is like saying the 20th century was free of war ..... apart from WW1 and WW2, oh and Vietnam, Korea, Suez, the Middle East. Get real Jamesy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent Interview with Sparksy   Brent Interview with Sparksy Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent Interview with Sparksy
Page 1 of 1