Earwegoagain
Rickler
sufferedsince 68
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hitch

Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hitch wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Hitch wrote:
Angry wrote:
im sure rickler isnt naive and taken everything hallet told him as gospel like nool would.

Personally I think Brent and Hallet are two cheeks of the same arse.

I kind of agree with this - it's inconceivable (isn't it?) that Brent and Hallet and indeed Wrathall and the rest of the board aren't all singing from the same hymn sheet.

They aren't....

But why not? It's just not possible that Hallet hands over £5m to Brent and says 'crack on son' without knowing fully how, where and when it's going to be spent and what his guaranteed return/risk is going to be. The frailties of football finances at Argyle's level are well documented and Hallet just can't be a schmuck. I understand that partnerships/friendships/business relationships etc can founder and break-up but there is simply zero evidence of even the smallest crack in the Brent/Hallet amitié.

I heard about the Brent Hallet fallout the other week and then lo and behold Brent didn't attend the match. Isn't that the first time he's never showed?
I think things aren't rosy in the garden and I think it's showing right through the club.

I think we'll need a little bit more to go on before we can call in the troubleshooters. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 5:27 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Remember how IJN repeatedly states that he never reads this site?
I have proof that he does. I revealed my double identity earlier in this thread on purpose, I then applied to pasoti to have my ban lifted and he replies to me using my ATD name and not Verte as I was on pasoti.
He walked right onto that one. I will not publish the email ( it's boring and 2 sentences) but it revealed what I wanted it to!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Hitch wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hitch wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Hitch wrote:
Angry wrote:
im sure rickler isnt naive and taken everything hallet told him as gospel like nool would.

Personally I think Brent and Hallet are two cheeks of the same arse.

I kind of agree with this - it's inconceivable (isn't it?) that Brent and Hallet and indeed Wrathall and the rest of the board aren't all singing from the same hymn sheet.

They aren't....

But why not? It's just not possible that Hallet hands over £5m to Brent and says 'crack on son' without knowing fully how, where and when it's going to be spent and what his guaranteed return/risk is going to be. The frailties of football finances at Argyle's level are well documented and Hallet just can't be a schmuck. I understand that partnerships/friendships/business relationships etc can founder and break-up but there is simply zero evidence of even the smallest crack in the Brent/Hallet amitié.

I heard about the Brent Hallet fallout the other week and then lo and behold Brent didn't attend the match. Isn't that the first time he's never showed?
I think things aren't rosy in the garden and I think it's showing right through the club.

I think we'll need a little bit more to go on before we can call in the troubleshooters. Very Happy

Fairy muff as stated its only rumours but I think there is truth in it, time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:
Remember how IJN repeatedly states that he never reads this site?
I have proof that he does. I revealed my double identity earlier in this thread on purpose, I then applied to pasoti to have my ban lifted and he replies to me using my ATD name and not Verte as I was on pasoti.
He walked right onto that one. I will not publish the email ( it's boring and 2 sentences) but it revealed what I wanted it to!

Nool is a bona fide, 100% evidence based, confirmed pathological liar (amongst many other appalling character traits). Anybody who doesn't make a stand against these obvious odious qualities is either a coward, complicit, stupid or delusional - probably the lot.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm now a marked man and no doubt a dossier will be compiled.
Bring it on I say I do so enjoy schooling bullies and ironing them out.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Ricks - genuine question -  why do YOU think Hallett agreed to meet you?

Was he super keen to emphasis anything in particular? Did he ask that the conversation remained confidential? Or was he happy for you to relay anything here?

The blatantly obvious concern would be that it was merely a PR exercise to put a chief Brent-questioner under no illusions of what was trying to be done at HP, and that it was all to the greater good of Argyle.

Oh c'mon Czarky. You don't need it spelling out for you. I'll give you an example of silencing someone in the way you mention. A few years back Newell was having problems online with a pasoti user called esmer, that still posts there. Unusually for pasoti, the guy was able to to actually string a few sentences together and was causing Newell problems. After the "face to face" meet, esmer basically shut up and changed his stance out of loyalty to the flag. It's worked to this day. Personal charm and polite over a breakfast table discourse, it really is that easy. Us animals are hard wired for such stuff.

But Beez, you have a habit of picking an example and using that as a standard-bearer for every other situation. If only life were that simple. Esmer clearly didn't have the courage of his convictions to stand his ground. That simply says all you need to know about his character. There have been plenty more face to faces that haven't ended so cordially, Greenjock had a few for starters. How many regular ATDers do you think would have their head turned if they sat down over breakfast with Newell? Not many, if any, I'd wager.

I have a good idea how things probably are with Hallett - I'm enough of a cynic for that. But I also don't pretend I'm an all-seeing-eye that knows everything. That's why I'd ask someones opinion who I respect (Ricks) exactly what his take on it all is. He was there, after all.

Bees may have a point
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 7:56 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:

Unfortunately you're unlikely to get the opportunity, there will come a time (dependent on your behavior) when you'll be unable to log in and that will be that. You may or may not warrant a mention at the bottom of the page.....Verte, deactivated for being a previously banned poster, or some such drivel.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:12 pm

That's already happened so I guess I'll have to keep a dignified silence....
Oh who am I kidding - GET OUT OF THE CLUB NOOL YOU ARE A CANCER AT HOME PARK
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Cornish Rebel wrote:

Unfortunately you're unlikely to get the opportunity, there will come a time (dependent on your behavior) when you'll be unable to log in and that will be that. You may or may not warrant a mention at the bottom of the page.....Verte, deactivated for being a previously banned poster, or some such drivel.

I got a mention and none of my accounts on there apart from my orginal Jethro account have been banned,

Strange people on that farm.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:31 pm

I've lost 4 or 5 but still got a slumberererer for when needed :pighug:
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:38 pm

beesrus wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Having had Breakfast with Simon Hallett three weeks ago, I would say nothing is further from the truth.

I realize a lot can happen in three weeks but I somehow doubt there is any credence in these rumours.

Wishful thinking is more like it!

I tend to concur with the above. Wishful thinking.
And what if some board members have fallen out with Brent, like Jones. Big deal, he never put much money in, if any. Just a cover story.. And so what if these inconsequential characters disagree ? they have no power in the boardroom.
There's two people running this show, and they're Brent and Hallett. I see them as peas from the same pod wanting the same outcome. Unlike Rickler, who is likely to have been schmoozed, I think it's a right old mess, but the two main players will just carry on regardless.
I don't think I can bear another breakfast at Tiffanys routine after the last set up, but it's football, so it's bound to be crass.
I hope we don't see an advocate for Hallett on this forum in the same way Newell advocates for Brent.
Here!! Here!! No fan clubs ..be just wrong advocate hallet just because of our dislike of brent anyway iam sceptial of hallets motives and end game to so best keep a eye on both parties
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Banning Argyle fans from an Argyle forum is the bit Nool enjoys the most, still its more of a Brent happy clappy forum now.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Verte you say, always had you done as a wrong un, you did well on the farm.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Cornish Rebel wrote:

Welcome to the home of the Argyle Heretics and Brent non believers, one day we might get a proper football club. Pig red card
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:53 pm

I only spoke out questioning Brent's motives, asked why Graham Clark had been vilified, openly asked where all the unbudgeted income was?
Fairly obvious questions one would think.
It was stated I was being provacative and trying to rabble rouse. So don't ask questions or enquire about James Brent's motives oh and please do not question why not one brick has been laid anywhere....
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Yes Pat Dunne Verte is/was me. I tried many approaches in skinning the pig.
I got there in the end Smile
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I've lost 4 or 5 but still got a slumberererer for when needed :pighug:

I've got 3 that they still haven't worked out even though one posts at least once a day,

They aren't too clever if they can't work me out.
:pighug:
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 9:11 pm

In a practical sense it doesn't matter much if there has been a boardroom bust-up or not. Brent is Mr 51% and so wins the debate. End of.

Politically it is very different. Presumably if there has been an incident then details as to what is behind it will begin to emerge.

Quite where Peter Jones sits on this is unfathomable. He was up in arms about buying the cricket club land and quit but was able to support HHP and didn't... God alone knows how he might feel about HHP2.

All kind of irrelevant given that PJ and Felwick are on their way out anyway.

the baggo wrote:
PLYMOUTH Argyle Football Club have announced the start of a process designed to refresh its board of directors.

James Brent’s Akkeron Group bought the club in October 2011, and the first board was announced soon after.

Since then, the club has returned to profitability; repaid the substantial majority of its debt; brought in a new investor (who, together with his wife, has agreed to fund the new Grandstand); invested in its facilities; and has been promoted to League One.

The opportunities and challenges the club now faces are very different from those of six years ago, and that is felt to represent the opportunity for a refresh.

Furthermore, there is a clear appreciation of the need for greater diversity in the boardroom.

Accordingly, two of the existing directors, David Felwick and Peter Jones, will step down, to be replaced by two new directors who will each be invited to serve an initial three-year term.

The recruitment process will start shortly.

David and Peter will have served for two three-year terms. Both will retain their association with the club via associate directorships.

At the same time, Simon Hallett, who joined the board in April 2016, will be appointed to the role of Vice-Chairman.

James Brent remains Chairman, and Richard Holliday, Tony Wrathall, John Morgan stay on as non-executive directors. CEO Martyn Starnes is also a director.

Simon's appointment take effect immediately; the intention is to have the new board structure in place by October.

James Brent said: “The Board and I are incredibly grateful to David and Peter for the significant contribution they have made to our club over almost six years.

"They have both provided wise counsel and constructive challenge during recent good times and the really difficult first two years following the club's exit from administration.

"There is considerable evidence that Boards which refresh their membership regularly and are diverse are much more effective than ones which do not. Diversity is even more important as we seek to grow membership of the Green Army with a particular focus on women and families.

"We look forward to maintaining a close relationship with David and Peter going forward. I also congratulate Simon on his elevation to Vice-Chairman and look forward to him making an even greater contribution to our Board.”

David Felwick said: “It has been a source of great personal pride and satisfaction for us to serve on the board of PAFC over the last six years and to see our club, not only survive, but prosper despite several early set-backs.

"We wish the Chairman and everyone at the club continued success and we look forward to watching a game from the new Grandstand.”

Peter Jones said: “It’s certainly been a challenging period. But we’re both really proud to have played a part, however small, in the club’s resurgence. That’s important for the fans, for the city, and indeed for the far south-west.

"And there’s absolutely no doubt that everyone associated with Argyle can now look forward with real optimism.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What does an associate director do anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 9:17 pm

Resurgence? Staggering.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Elias wrote:
Resurgence? Staggering.
Second bottom of the third division and near certainties to get relegated, yep Jimmy and his board have done us proud. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 9:59 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
In a practical sense it doesn't matter much if there has been a boardroom bust-up or not. Brent is Mr 51% and so wins the debate. End of.

Again Frank.....Hallett has 4.1 million reasons to hold his own in any 'debate'.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 10:37 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Again Frank.....Hallett has 4.1 million reasons to hold his own in any 'debate'.

While Brent has 51% of the shares Hallett, or anybody else, can still only win by siding with Brent however much he lends the club.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Two boardroom openings for fans reps then? iJN and Webb?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 10:51 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

While Brent has 51% of the shares Hallett, or anybody else, can still only win by siding with Brent however much he lends the club.

Far too simplistic, money talks and is used as leverage in all walks of life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent Vs Hallett   Brent Vs Hallett - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent Vs Hallett
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next