Elias
Partridge_Green
Freathy
sufferedsince 68
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Should have stayed home and watched holby city then go out in storm like weather to watch that. Cant be arsed to give a review tbh
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:
This reminds me of the days under Fletcher, where I do not careless anymore

I wish I hadn't looked tbh, its much easier to forget we are playing and not have my day ruined by this shite,
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 am

I blame the ill-discipline on the TV adverts about Christmas. 3 players walking in 3 games. Perhaps they think its Christmas so a subtle suspension means they can get pithed on Christmas Day. Didn't we have a player few years back who had a record for getting sent off near Christmas. Webb Purse
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:20 am

nzgreen wrote:
Having only see a few highlights so far this season its hard for me to guage how crap we actually are. Having a player a game getting sent off makes it even harder. So to anyone who actually went, how crap are we?

I actually don't think we are as crap as our results indicate. Last night was painful and Bradley could and should have had at least one more goal before he did eventually score. But we can't keep relying on centre backs for goals. The Turk was charging around gamely but never really posed a threat, but for me the most alarming fact is that Adams puts Blissett in the 11 over Jervis. Bonkers decision. Play Jervis up top ffs if all we have in reserve is Blissett. Miller is a calamity waiting to happen every time he takes to the pitch.

The only plus point is this League generally doesn't seem to be much of a higher standard than last year.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:34 am

Maybe the players are concerned about the split in the boardroom and are worried about the future direction of the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 7:45 am

FFS!
tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 8:28 am

Well thank the Lord there is a Dentist planned for HHP2 coz watching this crap is like pulling teeth.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 am

Tgwu wrote:
This reminds me of the days under Fletcher, where I do not careless anymore

We know where the problem lies, no competitive budget for Adams. A mate of mine has a mate who was chatting to Adams awhile aback and Adams said he has not got the cash to bring in the players he wants. That is what frustrates him the most. I would put money on Adams resigning somewhere along this season should things remain as they are and who would knock him for that. The dirt he could dish out would be priceless and essential reading.

Hopefully though, when all those players who are currently out of action do return, form may improve, it is going to have to !.

A personal message to Brent and super fan Hallett (sic). Support Derek or feck off and never return. You are both taking the piss.

I am totally fed up with this prolonged austerity that is going on at the club. Other sides will now relish playing Argyle, as it is an easy three points to be gained.

One good bit of news is that my first game of the season will be away to Bristol Rovers, whatever the score will be (probably a defeat), at least it will be a good day out in the capital of the West Country. Change of scenery and all that Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 am

Three games, three reds, do clubs get in trouble/fined for indiscipline like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Hitch wrote:
Well thank the Lord there is a Dentist planned for HHP2 coz watching this crap is like pulling teeth.

surely thats not going to be part of things?

feckin hell why brent why
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Can't really give a angle to this poor start as Gas away will be my first viewing - however Brent had better address the results pronto as the 8 to 10k will fizzle and impact at an alarming rate. Reading between the lines there's plenty not right in the dressing room now coupled with the lunacy upstairs we look dodgy as a club
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Club has been a complete basket case for the past 10 years. Brent is just the latest (and worst) in a succession of dog shit owners.  There's simply no light at the end of the tunnel for Argo fans.  If anything good comes out of relegation  this season let's hope it's the fans finally turning on brent and his useless 'board' of shite big time and driving the lot of 'em out.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 8:17 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Quote of the night from shit commentary " it really comes down to a lack of quality" (after final whistle) no shit Sherlock.
BRENT OUT
 Indeed you dont  need to be a columbo to work that out
BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Freathy wrote:
Club has been a complete basket case for the past 10 years. Brent is just the latest (and worst) in a succession of dog shit owners.  There's simply no light at the end of the tunnel for Argo fans.  If anything good comes out of relegation  this season let's hope it's the fans finally turning on brent and his useless 'board' of shite big time and driving the lot of 'em out.

You are not wrong there.

The sooner the club can get someone in with some spare cash to spend on Argyle and not worry about it, the better. A tall order to ask I know. OK, there is super fan Hallett and his investment, albeit on the property side of Home Park.

I am still struggling about super fan Hallett, he who suddenly turned up out of nowhere, gets his feet under the table and then throws a few million into the refurbishment of The Mayflower Grandstand (which now looks like not seeing completion for sometime to come, due to new wrangling).

During the dark days of administration, where was "wads of cash" super fan Hallett then ?.

Has he contributed any of his own money toward the budget Adams has this term. If he is the super fan they say he is, then he would know that League One is much better than League Two and all effort needs to be made to remain in the division.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 2:49 pm

the fine community gentleman expects 'something back' when he throws his money in, good hard interest, out of the pockets of Green tinted Janner fans and into his pockets...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Like it or not we need the development at HHP.If Brent doesn't get it done, which would be no shock to anybody that knows him, then he will sell to someone who has the money to do it. Someone with real cash would have PCC eating out of their hand and probably steamroller much more shite into the park.
The best solution is to have Brent submit an amended plan which leaves the car park which he asset stripped from the club as an asset of PAFC and not Brent. Once this happens we can get back to being a football club which as Freathy points out it hasn't been for the past ten years.
The real nightmare scenario and unforch the most likely is that he can't get enough external funding to build any of it and fecks off. Of course with the five and a half million from the sale of the Pavillions and the two million already recieved to provide continuous ice he has a lot of reasons for this to all go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Probs right but maybe someone with real wedge and ambition wouldn't need or want aload of 3rd rate shit at HHP and instead decided to build us a magnificent 3 tiered stand with world class facilities in and behind......wake up Les, time for your medication.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 4:49 pm

HHP has been a curse to the club ever since Todd, Synan, Gardner and Kagami rocked up, they could all smell a bit of green and I don't mean the good stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 4:54 pm

When Stapleton and Co bought the cricket club wasn't it with the view of using it to develop a proper training ground for Argyle? Didn't they also look at buying the civil service sports club as a possible training venue as well?

What is Brent's plan to improve training facilities?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 5:01 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
When Stapleton and Co bought the cricket club wasn't it with the view of using it to develop a proper training ground for Argyle? Didn't they also look at buying the civil service sports club as a possible training venue as well?

Something IJN has spun a couple of times on PASOTI is that the club were were offered the cricket ground but the three directors decided they wanted if for themselves. I don't recall him being as critical of them at the time but that was then and this is now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Something IJN has spun a couple of times on PASOTI is that the club were were offered the cricket ground but the three directors decided they wanted if for themselves. I don't recall him being as critical of them at the time but that was then and this is now.

If the club had been able to develop the cricket ground as well as HHP for their own benefit we might have become a 21st century football club.

But we do have a lovely new fence.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Sorry to be a bit mundane, possibly even Avivaish, but does anyone know the name of the goal/pre match piece of music being played this season? It used to be played at Palace when I watched them many moons ago and it's driving me fecking mad trying to think what it was called.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Goal music? Won't hear that much this season.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Freathy wrote:
Goal music? Won't hear that much this season.

Very Happy Was going to make a witty comment along similar lines but it would have spoilt my Aviva street cred.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 9:09 pm

ABBA's money money money?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)   Argyle v Blackpool (match thread) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Blackpool (match thread)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next