Greenskin
X Isle
sufferedsince 68
Les Miserable
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Adams gone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams gone?   Adams gone? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 3:16 pm

I'll really start to be concerned if we ever got promoted to the Championship, transfer fees are in the millions, we'll never compete with fees like that under the current regime, I would expect a "For Sale" banner to be fluttering off one Archibald's gable ends
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Adams gone?   Adams gone? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 3:35 pm

tigertony wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Shorely.....he can't be signing these ne'er do wells, must've left the club raised eyebrow

These signings are seriously gash

te Loeke - Goalkeeper in a team that finished bottom of the Dutch 2nd tier conceding 92 goals
Taylor Sinclair - Deemed worst ever player in recent feature on Doncaster
Wylde - Wasn't really good enough for us when we were in the fourth division and didn't even start regularly.
Grant - Another goal shy striker, not good enough to start regularly for 4th Division Exeter.
My mind isn't quite what it used to be but didn't we sign a goalie from France some years back who had been without a club for 6 months after his last club were relegated to the French 3rd tier? Lomain Rarrieu or something? He was OK.

The unthinking mans funny man.......
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Adams gone?   Adams gone? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 01, 2017 1:03 am

VillageGreen wrote:
I can't really fault Adams in his time here, one or two tactical mishaps aside, his record is ok. One Wembley appearance and a promotion.

On a positive note and at a push, Adams I feel could take Argyle to the Championship over the next three years, it may not be pretty football and there will be plenty of tears along the way, but it could be done (and with the correct backing ?).

He is still young enough to eventually get a dream job at a bigger club, but he his rebuilding his cv and should he can carry on achieving success here, then all the best to him. If after his three years are up, he decides to stay awhile longer, all the better.

There are negative notes, but we all know what they could be.

No doubt. He is very focused and knows where he wants to go. I'm pleased his new journey started with us.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Adams gone?   Adams gone? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Preston appointed anyone yet ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Adams gone?   Adams gone? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Elias wrote:
Intersted in Delboy Adams, from the Ocean Village Gratefuls, working miracles apparently on a Conference South Budget. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adams gone?   Adams gone? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 12:54 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
I can't really fault Adams in his time here, one or two tactical mishaps aside, his record is ok. One Wembley appearance and a promotion.

On a positive note and at a push, Adams I feel could take Argyle to the Championship over the next three years, it may not be pretty football and there will be plenty of tears along the way, but it could be done (and with the correct backing ?).

He is still young enough to eventually get a dream job at a bigger club, but he his rebuilding his cv and should he can carry on achieving success here, then all the best to him. If after his three years are up, he decides to stay awhile longer, all the better.

There are negative notes, but we all know what they could be.

I agree with you, Village but with one key difference - I think he can probably do it without much backing and, of course, that is what Mr Brent is hoping for. After all, Sturrock pretty much managed it without spending any money and importing players from Scotland, plus some other waifs and strays.

In many ways, I don't see much difference between the financing by this board and the one under Sturrock Mark I - it's not like they were awash with cash and lavishing riches on the club. Of course, at that point in time they still seemed very genuine compared to our ex-Etonian friend at the helm now, plus we hadn't had the misery of successive relegations, administration and 6 (7?) seasons in the basement before huffing our way back to the 3rd Division.

League One will probably be much of a muchness and whilst it's never easy to get promoted, it isn't beyond the realms of fantasy. If it happens though, what then? Under the current regime, we truly would be boys in a man's world again.

If Adams can emulate Sturrock mk 1, then fair shout to him. Fair point in the mention of the relevant budgets. Sturrock had a knack of bringing in a wee gem, Adams seems the same with Carey as an example.

Adams seems to enjoy being here and that is good.

As it stands currently, he himself must be pleased with how things are going.

Of course, there will be times when he is under pressure for whatever reason and then that will show us what he is made of. I reckon Argyle will be ok next season though, probably finish upper end of mid-table.

One thing I notice is that Adams comes across much better than what Sheridan did and that does show greatly.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adams gone?   Adams gone? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Elias wrote:

They have now

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Adams gone?   Adams gone? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2017 3:18 pm

I think Adams has done a remarkable job if i'm honest, Don't forget he lost most of his side after the Wembley game, and he rebuilt the squad to go up automatically the very next season.

It would be nice to see him take Argyle all the way back to the championship and not jump ship with the job half done like Sturrock did, but i guess Money talks and if argyle have genuine ambitions to play with the big boys they will have to somehow keep Adams.

Would have been interesting to see how committed Adams would have been had Aberdeen come calling this summer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams gone?   Adams gone? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adams gone?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2