Innocent Egbunike
akagreengull
PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 4:58 pm

1 - 1 FT
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Good point. Suits us more than them.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Good point, Pompey starting to look very menacing though.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:04 pm

1-1 ? That'll do nicely against the DNB's. 1 more game chalked off. So I bet Carlisle are regretting selling their top scorer in the window having got thumped at home by Pompous. But the laugh of the day must be at Orientdirtybarstewards losing. Onwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:04 pm

the pack are catching up de ja vu is happening again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Can't argue too much with a point at that place.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Angry wrote:

No one doing a Northampton or a Rovers though.

3 home games on the spin. 6-7 points from those and we're still well on track.

8 wins from 14.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:12 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Donny Draw
Carlisle Loss
Argyle Draw

We'd all of took that pre game bar none.....

Yep, could have been a lot worse. cheers drunken Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Unfortunately absolute shit result for the Gulls losing 2 - 3 to Sutton United really fear they will be hosting Truro next season in a Devon/Cornwall derby. affraid
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:46 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Unfortunately absolute shit result for the Gulls losing 2 - 3 to Sutton United really fear they will be hosting Truro next season in a Devon/Cornwall derby. affraid

No excuse for that result from Torquay. Sutton didn't even have a sub keeper on the bench (they didn't replace the fat pasty-eating reserve keeper) and a defender had to go in goal for most of the game when the keeper went off injured.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:47 pm

tigertony wrote:
1-1 ? That'll do nicely against the DNB's. 1 more game chalked off. So I bet Carlisle are regretting selling their top scorer in the window having got thumped at home by Pompous. But the laugh of the day must be at Orientdirtybarstewards losing. Onwards.
Do you think Basement Brent will regret selling Purrington? thats two wins in six since he did a Carlisle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:

No one doing a Northampton or a Rovers though.

3 home games on the spin. 6-7 points from those and we're still well on track.

8 wins from 14.

Do you still believe Argyle stick to scripts? we cant do something that simple.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:51 pm

A draw at Luton is a decent result, but wins are needed and not being earned, the shadow of last season is still hanging over the club, the gap is narrowing.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:57 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Do you think Basement Brent will regret selling Purrington? thats two wins in six since he did a Carlisle.

Why ?....he's history.....what would he have brought that we haven't already got.....just move on.

ps.....did you see his disastrous back pass that led to a goal last week....luckily not in our net.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:03 pm

zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Why ?....he's history.....what would he have brought that we haven't already got.....just move on.

ps.....did you see his disastrous back pass that led to a goal last week....luckily not in our net.
Yep, Argyle dont need decent players, but Basement, could always use more cash.
I'll decide when its time to move on.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:07 pm

zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Dear old Zyph, the directors best friend. Probably had the same attitude to the sale of Piper, Trebilcock, Mariner, Nelson, Buszacky, Norris, Halmosi, Hourihane and all the other talents that the Argyle boards have flogged off over the years.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:09 pm

tigertony wrote:

Imbecilic
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

No excuse for that result from Torquay. Sutton didn't even have a sub keeper on the bench (they didn't replace the fat pasty-eating reserve keeper) and a defender had to go in goal for most of the game when the keeper went off injured.

Yep, lowest point of the season, will stay in tonight to avoid seeing all the gulls fans I know.
They won't be happy!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Greenskin wrote:
zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Dear old Zyph, the directors best friend. Probably had the same attitude to the sale of Piper, Trebilcock, Mariner, Nelson, Buszacky, Norris, Halmosi, Hourihane and all the other talents that the Argyle boards have flogged off over the years.

It's called football......players move on.....try it sometime.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:48 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Ask me in May suffers. I would have rather Carlisle and Pomps drew tbh. I'd be concerned more if Sawyer got injured but we do have some fairly adaptable players. LB reminds me of Blackman Laughing he was some player affraid
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:54 pm

zyph wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
zyph wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
tigertony wrote:

It's called football......players move on.....try it sometime.

Indeed they do. And at Argyle, invariably they've been replaced by substandard crap.

It's called waking up and realising why Argyle have never achieved much. Try it sometime.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Jones views on the game

The Town boss thought his side should have taken all three points
Hatters boss Nathan Jones was left disappointed as his side took a point against Plymouth Argyle in a match that the Town dominated for long spells.

Danny Hylton’s wonderful finish after a break from inside his own box gave his team the lead with eight minutes on the clock, before the visitors equalised through Craig Tanner’s tap in 17 minutes later.

That point on the back of the draw at Doncaster means Jones’ team have taken four points off both the top two teams in Sky Bet League Two, but the Hatters gaffer felt his side should have taken all three available this afternoon.

He said: “I am disappointed really. I thought we were the better side. We started magnificently well and then didn’t really capitalise and continue that.

“As soon as we got the goal, we tend to drop off a little bit and that allowed them to take a breath, because we really had them on the ropes at that time.

“We are very disappointed with the goal, but our second half performance was superb. The only thing we couldn’t do was get the ball in the net.

“In terms of performance levels I am very proud of them. We showed what a good side we are, what a strong, good side we are. It’s just I am disappointed we didn’t get all three points.

“We are a good counter attacking side, we have shown that, this season we have been very good. It was a wonderful counter attacking goal and a good finish, and we expect that from Danny.”

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Some quotes from a local rag twitter

Derek Adams on David Fox's first half injury: "He will be struggling for Tuesday night

DA: "I thought they (Luton) were very fortunate to have 11 players on the pitch. Smith's tackle on Carey was a bad tackle."

DA: "We probably could have won the game in the end,but we will take a point and move on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Some quotes from a local rag twitter

Derek Adams on David Fox's first half injury: "He will be struggling for Tuesday night

DA: "I thought they (Luton) were very fortunate to have 11 players on the pitch. Smith's tackle on Carey was a bad tackle."

DA: "We probably could have won the game in the end,but we will take a point and move on

I'd like to see the tackle on fox as the radio made it seem antoni caused it with his shit pass to him.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Jones views on the game

The Town boss thought his side should have taken all three points
Hatters boss Nathan Jones was left disappointed as his side took a point against Plymouth Argyle in a match that the Town dominated for long spells.

Danny Hylton’s wonderful finish after a break from inside his own box gave his team the lead with eight minutes on the clock, before the visitors equalised through Craig Tanner’s tap in 17 minutes later.

That point on the back of the draw at Doncaster means Jones’ team have taken four points off both the top two teams in Sky Bet League Two, but the Hatters gaffer felt his side should have taken all three available this afternoon.  

He said: “I am disappointed really. I thought we were the better side. We started magnificently well and then didn’t really capitalise and continue that.

“As soon as we got the goal, we tend to drop off a little bit and that allowed them to take a breath, because we really had them on the ropes at that time.

“We are very disappointed with the goal, but our second half performance was superb. The only thing we couldn’t do was get the ball in the net.

“In terms of performance levels I am very proud of them. We showed what a good side we are, what a strong, good side we are. It’s just I am disappointed we didn’t get all three points.

“We are a good counter attacking side, we have shown that, this season we have been very good. It was a wonderful counter attacking goal and a good finish, and we expect that from Danny.”

Whatever! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luton vs Gargoyle   Luton vs Gargoyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton vs Gargoyle
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next