Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

luton  Empty
PostSubject: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Live on sky

Sept 6 12.15 KO

TOWN ON TV: PLYMOUTH HOME GAME TELEVISED

The Town's home League 2 fixture against Plymouth Argyle has been picked for live coverage by Sky Sports.

The match on Saturday 6th September will kick-off at 12.15pm

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:40 pm

My wife was looking forward going to this game. Queuing for the one toilet and all the cheap bog paper piled on the pavement
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 7:13 pm

Had a lovely day out the last time I was there being press-ganged to the Stadium from the pub which had had its windows put through.
Luton 2-0 massacre when fat boy Kinnear was in charge...happy days.

Dont think we will take nearly as many as last time. Especially now.
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Edit to add we played there a few times since that game, but for some reason it is the one that sticks in the mind.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Edit to add we played there a few times since that game, but for some reason it is the one that sticks in the mind.

I was at that one as well,it was viewed as a virtual championship decider at the time,although that didn't turn out to be the case.Luton were by far the better side that day though,they had some very good players like Taylor,Boyce [both still playing at a very high level],Valois and Howard.Quite a fierce rivalry at the time,fuelled by regular stirring of the pot by Kinnear in the press-he made some fairly offensive comments about Argyle and Plymouth generally which didn't go down at all well.I expect there will be a good smattering of Luton fans who remember those days,should add to the atmosphere which will be raucous anyway given that they've just been promoted-tough game for Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:21 pm

£10,000 to us with £30,000 going to Luton
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Had a lovely day out the last time I was there being press-ganged to the Stadium from the pub which had had its windows put through.

I swear down to this day that Luton oversold tickets for this game. We couldn't find our seats and there were within my range at least 50 people stood permanently in the aisles. I was also in that pub. When the police came in I was thankful as the wankers were ruining our game of pool but we were pooled in with the cavemen and marched to the game. 1970's football.

The game was shite, the ground is shiter and the atmosphere that day was awful.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:58 pm

The Djordic 89th minute winner under Pulis. Was getting serious abuse in the Directors Box. Couldn't resist giving them all some back as Bojan rose majestically to head in the winner.
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:08 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I swear down to this day that Luton oversold tickets for this game. We couldn't find our seats and there were within my range at least 50 people stood permanently in the aisles. I was also in that pub. When the police came in I was thankful as the wankers were ruining our game of pool but we were pooled in with the cavemen and marched to the game. 1970's football.

Argyle sold out their allocation for that game probably a week before.
Supporters then bought tickets for the home ends most of those who bought tickets for the home end were in the 'bubble' that got marched up from the pub.
When it was brought to the polices attention that argo fans possessed tickets for the home ends they made the decision to stick them in the already sold out away end.

This is absolutely gen up about what happened that day because I was one of those that stood in the isles.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:08 pm

Damon - Was Big Fat Joe a Cooont? Luggy must have hinted at least..
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Supporters then bought tickets for the home ends  most of those who bought tickets for the home end were in the 'bubble' that got marched up from the pub.
When it was brought to the polices attention that argo fans possessed tickets for the home ends they made the decision to stick them in the already sold out away end.

This is absolutely gen up about what happened that day because I was one of those that stood in the isles.

Me too Punchy. That's the last Argyle game my wife went to. Never again. We only went in that pub to have a game of pool and a pre match beer. Then the pseudo tough guys came in with their IRA songs closely followed by the police. She went to the ladies in the ground only to have some numpty try to kick it in "because the men's bogs are "feckin swamped innit"

I've been back since but never again. I only wish them harm.

I hate that club and I hate that ground.
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:23 pm

Luton is a toilet of a town the birthplace of the EDL need i say more.
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:26 pm

Kinnear was great for stoking it up.

He said after Luton won 2-0 at Kenilworth (something like) 'Plymouth were scared. I started with 4 up front and their defenders looked like they might shit themselves'.

Always dignified in victory as in defeat.
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:31 pm

If my missus wanted  to go to football with me it would be curtains too but you live and learn lol
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 10:59 pm

ejh wrote:
Kinnear was great for stoking it up.

He said after Luton won 2-0 at Kenilworth (something like) 'Plymouth were scared. I started with 4 up front and their defenders looked like they might shit themselves'.

The Classic Graham Coughlan quote was my favourite. It inspired him to 11 goals and Division 3 title Smile
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:02 pm

ejh wrote:

Kinnear being dignified
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:12 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Nearest club to Tring. I was there in the Lootown end with some mates. When one of their guys scored, everyone jumped up except me but the goalscorer ran over and jumped into the crowd, almost on top of me ! FFS !

My penultimate game was also at Lootown when we were a declining Championship side in the Carling Cup and they were in the basement. Lost 2 - 0 again, with Puncheon being the only bright spark. Luggy didn't like him or Jimmy Abdou  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:59 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Supporters then bought tickets for the home ends  most of those who bought tickets for the home end were in the 'bubble' that got marched up from the pub.

Agreed it was a definate "show" day, there were people that hart bothered with argyle since the 80s there. Like it or not you was all herded into the same pub. and the away end was ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 12:40 pm

I like a bloke like Kinnear stoking it up. It's 4th division football, title races are usually boring as hell.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 12:47 pm

The best Argyle - Luton game I saw was back in the 90's.
3 - 3 at HP, their keeper Lurch (Ian Fueur) got plenty of Adams Family abuse from the Lyndhurst, was highly amusing.
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 1:04 pm

He was responding to local press about playing too strong a side against non league Stevenage: "I picked some of the senior players because Stevenage is a local game and the match is important to the supporters. If we'd have been playing Plymouth I'd have probably picked the entire youth team."
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 1:31 pm

I was at the packed out game but we had revenge after Kinnear called us an average team and we beat them 3 1 I think. One nil to the average team, ect, ect.
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:05 am

Proper footy day out at the Kennil - don't fancy really early trains for this one but might go to Salisbury and watch it, expect beer might be involved!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Proper footy day out at the Kennil - don't fancy really early trains for this one but might go to Salisbury and watch it, expect beer might be involved!!

I shall watch it on the box somewhere in Plymouth and beer will be a feature too Very Happy .... 
Back to top Go down

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 4:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We will see an old face up there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

luton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: luton    luton  Empty

Back to top Go down

luton
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next