akagreengull
PlymptonPilgrim
harvetheslayer
sufferedsince 68
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Thanks Suffers, twit is quite acceptable.
I'm not bitter about Derek Adams, I think he has done a tremendous job against the Squire's fixed odds two seasons running. I just don't like overly defensive play when it is not necessary, but then I don't have to watch it during my ongoing boycott. I was severely disappointed at his FA cup tactics when glory was to be had, outside of the bread and marge imperative. I'm not anti Adams.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Good day for Plimuff, good win for the Albion defeating Coventry 33 - 24 at Brickfields, now second in National league 1, well done !
Looking a bit dodgy for England some game though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Exeter's away support is feckin shit!!! didnt hear them much during the game and for a derby its testiment to how village they are.

Good performance from argyle we played well taylor is the striker we have been desperate for to play up front all season, kennedy ws good too. Only drawback was the czech lad taking too long to get rid off t he ball and almost losing possession and playing very dodgy passbacks too.

barr that all played well, deserved 3 points onwards to leyton orient on tuesday where we need to win that one aswell.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 6:53 pm

beesrus wrote:
Thanks Suffers, twit is quite acceptable.
I'm not bitter about Derek Adams, I think he has done a tremendous job against the Squire's fixed odds two seasons running. I just don't like overly defensive play when it is not necessary, but then I don't have to watch it during my ongoing boycott. I was severely disappointed at his FA cup tactics when glory was to be had, outside of the bread and marge imperative. I'm not anti Adams.

Congratulations Bees, you have managed to mention the Liverpool game - again - and in a thread about Argyle comprehensively beating their local rivals and the division's form team.

Truly remarkable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Thank you Innocent. I'm still waiting for anyone who went to the game to give a resumee on the tactics employed.
Liverpool is history. but what I would like to know is does Adams have a more attacking mindset for the rest of the season with the new players at his disposal. Seems like I may be waiting a long time.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:15 pm

A comprehensive 3 - 0 victory would appear to suggest that the tactics employed by Derek Adams were successful.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks for that PP .
Could have come from the "in excess of £100K" Brent PR nonsense that isn't actually saying anything. Easy meat. Anybody out there prepared to talk about the actual tactics or not, or is there some three line whip ?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Good stuff from Argyle today, won via a dominant first half performance after a lively start from the opposition. The two goals were almost a carbon copy-exquisite through balls [first was from Carey, my MOM] which caught the defence square and enabled HP new boys Kennedy and Taylor to finish with aplomb. City did hit the bar in first half injury time which I suppose could have changed the game but Argyle were full value for the HT lead. Exeter huffed and puffed in the second half but McCormick didn't really have to much to do, a scramble or two, a long range shot here and there, best chance was when Reid put a free header wide. Argyle wrapped it up with a penalty for a foul by Pym on Jervis in injury time-to be perfectly honest, i didn't think it was a penalty which was given by the linesman but stand to be corrected. Anyway Jervis easily converted to put the seal on a very good afternoon for Argyle in more ways than one. Impressed with the newcomers, Taylor certainly seems to put himself about with some good touches, Sarcevic neat and tidy, Kennedy has a bit of spark, the guy at the back was solid enough-looks like DA may have pulled another rabbit or two out of the hat. All history now though and this must be followed up with another performance against Orient, who must not be underrated, on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Good stuff from Argyle today, won via a dominant first half performance after a lively start from the opposition. The two goals were almost a carbon copy-exquisite through balls [first was from Carey, my MOM] which caught the defence square and enabled HP new boys Kennedy and Taylor to finish with aplomb. City did hit the bar in first half injury time which I suppose could have changed the game but Argyle were full value for the HT lead. Exeter huffed and puffed in the second half but McCormick didn't really have to much to do, a scramble or two, a long range shot here and there, best chance was when Reid put a free header wide. Argyle wrapped it up with a penalty for a foul by Pym on Jervis in injury time-to be perfectly honest, i didn't think it was a penalty which was given by the linesman but stand to be corrected. Anyway Jervis easily converted to put the seal on a very good afternoon for Argyle in more ways than one. Impressed with the newcomers, Taylor certainly seems to put himself about with some good touches, Sarcevic neat and tidy, Kennedy has a bit of spark, the guy at the back was solid enough-looks like DA may have pulled another rabbit or two out of the hat. All history now though and this must be followed up with another performance against Orient, who must not be underrated, on Tuesday.

Good stuff John, but never mind about the result, or how well individuals played, or whether the overall performance was good, what about the tactics, we need to know what the tactics were. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Thanks for the report Skinny. Certainly sounds as if the new signings have given an added dimension. Maybe the days of lucky Argyle scraping the win are over for now.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:38 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Good stuff John, but never mind about the result, or how well individuals played, or whether the overall performance was good, what about the tactics, we need to know what the tactics were.  Wink

Tactics were obvious. Have a look, see what they've got, hit 'em hard, soak it up, hit 'em on the counter, take the points. lol!
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Angry wrote:
Exeter's away support is feckin shit!!! didnt hear them much during the game and for a derby its testiment to how village they are.

Good performance from argyle we played well taylor is the striker we have been desperate for to play up front all season, kennedy ws good too. Only drawback was the czech lad taking too long  to get rid off t he ball and almost losing possession and playing very dodgy passbacks too.

barr that all played well, deserved 3 points onwards to leyton orient on tuesday where we need to win that  one aswell.

feck me Angry, 3-0 down to a tinpot club would you be happy? Loves ya xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Foxy wrote:
Angry wrote:

Good performance from argyle we played well taylor is the striker we have been desperate for to play up front all season, kennedy ws good too. Only drawback was the czech lad taking too long  to get rid off t he ball and almost losing possession and playing very dodgy passbacks too.

barr that all played well, deserved 3 points onwards to leyton orient on tuesday where we need to win that  one aswell.

you were dead before that. very small club of exeter and its retards
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Angry wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Angry wrote:

Xx loves you all the best sweetheart.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Foxy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Angry wrote:

Love you to Fuxy, and thanks again for the six points! xxx
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:32 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Angry wrote:

Love you to Fuxy, and thanks again for the six points! xxx

Your welcome and you'll still fook it up, see ya next season xx loves ya.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Just back to the Helford via the cop shop. Went to report 2 missing persons - foxy and sturtz. Foxy turned up so they must have found him then. Today? Good game for the mighty greens brushing aside the form side in the EFL. No weak links and the 4 new boys all did well. I was quite impressed with Sarcevic who was box to box and being a real nuisance. The pen? Just watched it again from different angle and defo a pen and the keeper should have walked ... and carried on walking. Dangerous 2 feet off the ground with studs showing. He is very lucky to not be banned for 3. Diabolical tackle.
:greenrave:
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 10:48 pm

What a day thrash Exeter, Albion won  and England beat wales. Paid my debt took them out for a meal, trouble the wife hit the wine.  drunk  Who cares?   It was nice to have  one of BBC 1 friend sat with us at todays game and to meet BBC 1 hiimself.

PS just received a text from Orlando, the grandson is a happy chappy tonight.

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Well what an enjoyable day that was.

Adams not being hamstrung in the 2017 January transfer market compared to twelve months previous is showing itself to be majorly significant. Sarcevic's showing last week and now a majestic number 9 display from Taylor coupled with sublime finishing and assists from Kennedy are all proving majorly significant.

We were really good today, and no mistake. Carey controlled midfield, ably assisted by Fox. Careys ball for Kennedy, even watching thru my significant beer goggles, was sublime.

I was quite shocked how little Exeter offered. The divisions form team but a good opening five minutes and an effort against the bar when 2 down was all that I recall of serious note.

If we fcuk things up from here it really will be a catastrophe.

Goodnight Sturtz, old chum.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 11:21 pm

the only thing that could top today is this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Very good Thumbs
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Good win for the greens!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 12:49 am

Angry wrote:
the only thing that could top today is this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Just back again - picked up my son drunk drunk from Falmouth. I have just officially pithed myself laughing. Very good! Back to the game for a mo. I thought Fox showed his class today and him GC and Sarcethingy were a great combination.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 2:00 am

What a great day, what a great game and what a great result. 3-0 to the greens. Great !!

E..... City firmly put in their place. They were dreadful from start to finish and when Reid and Wheeler were taken off at the same time, Tisdale had thrown in the towel. I hear that he said on Radio Devon that they were unlucky, what unlucky not to concede any more goals.

:greenrave:

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 2:06 am

Freathy wrote:
Well done DA - tactics clearly worked against very tricky opposition

Tricky opposition me arse, they were absolutely dire. How the hell they went 12 unbeaten is beyond me.

Argyle were a class above the Grecians and it showed from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.   Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo v Shit and no fans. match thread.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next