The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK Empty
PostSubject: It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK   It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 9:26 am

It will take a total meltdown for Plymouth Argyle not to go up now

Plymouth's latest away win was important not just because of the record they broke but as it means there are 11 points between them and the fourth placed team in League Two.

The points tally they already have this season is incredible. Derek Adams could actually beat the tally of 102 points I think. It would be incredible if he could smash that.

As I said earlier, the team gelled early – I was expecting them to take a bit longer than they did.

They want to win, they want to play for each other, and that maybe makes up for a lack of quality players.

They had three or four quality players last season, and if they played, then Plymouth normally won.

But this year it's a team – which was like my team – we were a good team but not what you would call top-drawer players.

They had a will to win and were strong characters, and that's what I think has happened this time again.

The secret is to get three points at home and at least one point away – if you can do that as a regular occurrence then you're going to be in the top three.

But with the way things are going for Plymouth then they could almost be there by Christmas.

I think the truth is that something happened last year – just after Christmas – and I don't know what it was, but that was when their fall happened.

Adams is a good manager and I'm sure he would have looked into that, but there must be some reason why they had a bad ending to the season.

To be fair he's got a good squad of players and a good bench – they have got players who have come off the bench and won them games on this run as well.

They shouldn't have to worry about their home form as Plymouth's home form has always been reasonably good.

At the end of the day, with the way they are playing and the run they are on, by Christmas they are going to be out of sight.

It looks a poorer league than last season, and not the same standard as last year. Yeovil have gone on a good run, haven't lost a league game in the last five and all of a sudden they are two points off the play-offs.

Plymouth are 11 points clear of the fourth spot now – which is four games that anyone else has to win to catch them up. That's an awful lot of games.

Plymouth would have to go on a terrible run, which I can't see. So I think that they've made it plain that this time they are going to be in the top three.

(Taken from Brent rag)
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK   It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:11 am

I wish he hadn't said all that, given it's only November 16th, please Luggy : shut the feck up!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK   It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:26 am

Holloway left the club and he's 'Hollowords'. Sturrock leaves, fails at the higher level, returns and fails, yet is listened to and the villagers hang on every word.

I reckon the bloke's made a great living out of the game but is lacking in many respects.

Still, he's always telling everyone to get back on the rollercoaster, cos those who get rich from the game need plenty of dumb punters. Ain't that right James ?

Why does he keep on calling the club Plymouth and not Argiggle ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK   It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:30 am

Pulis left the club and was more successful than both of them. Yet he's loathed by stairwell seating poxy director.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK   It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:55 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Pulis left the club and was more successful than both of them. Yet he's loathed by stairwell seating poxy director.

It's all so sadly village, that's why I liked Sheridan because he didn't get sucked into all the superfan, hanger on shit at the club, he was there to do a job he didn't crave being lauded by the knobheads that permeate PAFC, and he seems to being ok for himself and moved on. Unfortunately Luggy is obviously intent on continuing his links and I assume generating some kind of income by his ongoing story telling and words of wisdom about PAFC.
Village through and through.
Pig
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK   It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 am

correction "he seems to be doing ok for himself".
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK   It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 11:03 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

I doubt that Pulis suffers fools and wannabes gladly.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK   It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 11:25 am

Freathy think's the melt down started in Aug Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK   It-will-take-a-total-meltdown   By PAUL STURROCK Empty

Back to top Go down

It-will-take-a-total-meltdown By PAUL STURROCK
Page 1 of 1