Go down 
+2
Elias
Ken Adams
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ken Adams

Greater achievement than Sturrock...? Empty
PostSubject: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:33 pm

While I still think we are obvious long shots to get out of this hell hole of a division, I personally think given all the cr@p Shez has to work with (on and off the field) that getting us out of this division would be on a par with when Sturrock got us up. Compare resources available, Chairman, etc I think this is a minor miracle. Thoughts...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:38 pm

Agreed, he's been swimming against the tide and deserves shitloads of credit.  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 pm

always said - RIGHT MANAGER - WRONG OWNER.

any reasonable investment in the playing side this season would have won promotion. a wasted season beckons should we end up on a bad run again
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Ken Adams wrote:
While I still think we are obvious long shots to get out of this hell hole of a division, I personally think given all the cr@p Shez has to work with (on and off the field) that getting us out of this division would be on a par with when Sturrock got us up. Compare resources available, Chairman, etc I think this is a minor miracle. Thoughts...

I've liked Shez from Day 1, but his demeanor has sometimes given body language experts plenty of material to work with.

If we could somehow sneak into the playoffs and complete the miracle at Wembley, it would certainly be timely. There'll potentially be some relatively big fish in the Div 4 pond next year, so getting up will be harder I recks. Luton are absolutely flying and could easily rack up back-to-back promotions. What with Bristol City still struggling to stay up and Pompey who despite everything, will come good sooner or later, next year could be a lot harder to get promoted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:55 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Ken Adams wrote:

I've liked Shez from Day 1, but his demeanor has sometimes given body language experts plenty of material to work with.

If we could somehow sneak into the playoffs and complete the miracle at Wembley, it would certainly be timely. There'll potentially be some relatively big fish in the Div 4 pond next year, so getting up will be harder I recks.  Luton are absolutely flying and could easily rack up back-to-back promotions. What with Bristol City still struggling to stay up and Pompey who despite everything, will come good sooner or later, next year could be a lot harder to get promoted.

Not sure that I would agree with that so much Czarky, The CCC is crippled with debt, any of the high fliers of the CCC miss promotion and don't have the backing of a rich owner then down they come as inevitably as we did. There are always big well supported sides like Leeds, Forest and Newcastle who have the numbers always to make themselves COMPETETIVE in the higher leagues but most teams are like us when up that high hitting a purple patch and most of them don't last. Going up you have momentum which may well carry Luton up another league but other than that league 1 and league 2 are just made up of has beens and wannabes all struggling in the insane world of modern day football.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 11:25 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Ken Adams wrote:

If we could somehow sneak into the playoffs and complete the miracle at Wembley, it would certainly be timely. There'll potentially be some relatively big fish in the Div 4 pond next year, so getting up will be harder I recks.  Luton are absolutely flying and could easily rack up back-to-back promotions. What with Bristol City still struggling to stay up and Pompey who despite everything, will come good sooner or later, next year could be a lot harder to get promoted.

Lootown may be flying now but they will lose key players to bigger clubs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 am

Tring, we're feeding off scraps but they taste good, please don't piss on our fire. As for the bigger picture, that remains depressingly clear to many of us but surely we've got to try to enjoy what little we can, if not what's the point ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 11:56 am

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Tring, we're feeding off scraps but they taste good, please don't piss on our fire. As for the bigger picture, that remains depressingly clear to many of us but surely we've got to try to enjoy what little we can, if not what's the point ?

Pffffft..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 pm

So you've not had a flicker of enjoyment, even a begrudging smile from 6 points in 4 days from 2 away games ? i fear the candle may have gone out for you old boy.

P.S My original comment was meant for the playoff thread where you accused everybody of being easily pleased.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Not sure anyone can make an objective analysis of Sturrock previously or Sheridan now in terms of achievement the phrase "different faces same shit" comes to mind. I would rather stay with the here and now which is we are getting results and the performances are greartly improved and consequently there is a degree of the feelgood factor around.
So agree, we should as fans embrace it while it is around. Am really looking forward to this Saturday and there should obviously be a bit of a buzz at H.P. but football being what it is we all may be disappointed at 5pm but it's a game.
However great as last night was how the club is run and controlled by Brent leaves a bad taste in my mouth and as a lifelong fan I intrisically don't trust him.
So yes I will cheer and celebrate with the rest of you but I squirm at what Brent,s true motives appear to be. The fact that at no point this season has he come out and made a clear statement of intent to achieve promotion this season and he is sticking with his inadequate stand capacity and design, for me is proof that PAFC represents an investment window for his corporate group.
Nothing more nothing less - enjoy the ride as they say.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:45 pm

And yes Sheridan does deserve much credit and thanks from the fans at the moment. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:

Spot on. Taking the piss when we win 4-0 away is as bad as being a green tint Aviva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:05 pm

A few good wins does seem to dampen the spirit of discontent....just a little.....good to let the football do the talking for a change.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Iggy wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Ken Adams wrote:

Not sure that I would agree with that so much Czarky, The CCC is crippled with debt, any of the high fliers of the CCC miss promotion and don't have the backing of a rich owner then down they come as inevitably as we did. There are always big well supported sides like Leeds, Forest and Newcastle who have the numbers always to make themselves COMPETETIVE in the higher leagues but most teams are like us when up that high hitting a purple patch and most of them don't last. Going up you have momentum which may well carry Luton up another league but other than that league 1 and league 2 are just made up of has beens and wannabes all struggling in the insane world of modern day football.

Agree about the CCC Iggs. I just think that a League 2 with Luton on a roll, a Lansdown-backed Bristol City, and Pompey in the mix as they inevitably will be sooner or later, will make it harder next season than this.

That said tho' we need to somehow secure Reid permanently. His goal last night put him on 16 for the season in the league, and at that time he'd scored more than the rest of the squad put together.

When you're relying as heavily as that on a loaned striker it is a worry. Without his form and a joe soap striker in we'd be looking at 8th from bottom rather than 8th from top, and that's being generous. So a dose of realism probably needs to be injected into ATD's current collective jester-hatted Aviva-fest.  jocolor Razz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:32 pm

I agree about Reid, I am also wondering how much of a difference Parsons has made, he put in a peach of a cross for Allesandros goal on Saturday and sound like he was involved last night. We have the striker we need it's looking more like we have a decent defence forming we need Banton, Hourihane and young to weigh in with a few more goals each and we could go some.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:35 pm

"Outstanding" says Shezza....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greater achievement than Sturrock...?   Greater achievement than Sturrock...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Greater achievement than Sturrock...?
Page 1 of 1