Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 10:30 pm

"Rules and laws eroded"... Remember?

Obviously not.

Not even one.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 pm

Six posts in a row Frannie... Ever feel nobody is interested and you're just talking to yourself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 8:35 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Obviously not.

Not even one.

sleepy byes for me old chap but i guess you spend most of your time in the dark, but in response I don't see the need to prove my thoughts to you or anybody else, and as you've already proved yourself wrong, I'll leave that for you to investigate, google or whatever else it is you get up to in the dark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 8:45 am

Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Obviously not.

Not even one.

sleepy byes for me old chap but i guess you spend most of your time in the dark, but in response I don't see the need to prove my thoughts to you or anybody else, and as you've already proved yourself wrong, I'll leave that for you to investigate, google or whatever else it is you get up to in the dark

So no then. You can't provide a single example of "rules and laws eroded".

Nor can you provide a single argument as to how leeaving the biggest and most succesful free trading bloc in the world iwhich accounts for 44% of our export market is going benefit the nation.

Night night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Cameron only asked the question because he couldn't unite his party and with breath-taking arrogance, incompetence and complacency was so sure Leave would lose that he didn't even begin to get ready for the result and did not campaign properly.

As for being well informed I have lost track of the lies peddled but off the top of my head:

• £350m/week for the NHS

• We'll have the deals done in no time

• They need us more than we need them

• Turkey is about to join the EU

• The only way we can control immigration is to leave

• We don't need immigration at all anyway

• We won't have to pay a penny

• We'll walk into a series of worldwide trade deals which will be in place before we leave

• The rest of the world will come tumbling in to do business with us

Well-informed? No. Repeatedly misinformed? Yes. Every single step of the way.

And now we discover that not only was Leave: UK breaking the campaigning rules but so too was BeLeave and Leave. All of them, in fact.

Who was in charge of Leave? Well here's some of the senior establishment figures who sat on the campaign committee of Vote Leave, which has just been fined by the Electoral Commission:

• Liam Fox
  • Iain Duncan Smith
  • Dominic Raab
  • Michael Gove
  • Boris Johnson
  • Steve Baker
  • Chris Grayling 
  • Priti Patel
  • Lord Lawson

Built on fraud and paid for by fraud and proposed by frauds. If you listened to them and believed them and voted for them then you were had.

There is no good Brexit. There's absolutely calamitous Brexit and shades of slightly less bad but every possible scenario for us leaving is awful. There is no "Brexit Dividend" to be had.

Everywhere you look it is Mayhem.

Complete and utter bullshit for one good reason, I wasn't swayed by either side of the campaign I was a committed leaver for years and years before then as many people were. Your arrogance in assuming that if you were informed then ergo there would be no Brexit because we would all vote the way you did. Typical response from someone as blinkered as yourself. I have constantly referenced the really bad campaign BY BOTH SIDES of the debate yet you seem to think that American banks funding your side is obviously perfectly acceptable when it clearly isn't.
The mayhem is in your mind and the Tory party us normal folk get on with our lives and jobs making sure that you and yours have a roof over your head and three meals a day just as we will after Brexit. And anyway werent we all meant to suffer immediately after Brexit? You need to man up and stop whining. And there is a dividend of about 20bn a year unless you lot manage to fudge a deal where we are out of the EU but still pay to belong.

We haven't left yet.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Cameron only asked the question because he couldn't unite his party and with breath-taking arrogance, incompetence and complacency was so sure Leave would lose that he didn't even begin to get ready for the result and did not campaign properly.

As for being well informed I have lost track of the lies peddled but off the top of my head:

• £350m/week for the NHS

• We'll walk into a series of worldwide trade deals which will be in place before we leave

And now we discover that not only was Leave: UK breaking the campaigning rules but so too was BeLeave and Leave. All of them, in fact.

Who was in charge of Leave? Well here's some of the senior establishment figures who sat on the campaign committee of Vote Leave, which has just been fined by the Electoral Commission:

• Liam Fox
  • Iain Duncan Smith
  • Dominic Raab
  • Michael Gove
  • Boris Johnson
  • Steve Baker
  • Chris Grayling 
  • Priti Patel
  • Lord Lawson

Built on fraud and paid for by fraud and proposed by frauds. If you listened to them and believed them and voted for them then you were had.

There is no good Brexit. There's absolutely calamitous Brexit and shades of slightly less bad but every possible scenario for us leaving is awful. There is no "Brexit Dividend" to be had.

Complete and utter bullshit for one good reason, I wasn't swayed by either side of the campaign I was a committed leaver for years and years before then as many people were. Your arrogance in assuming that if you were informed then ergo there would be no Brexit because we would all vote the way you did. Typical response from someone as blinkered as yourself. I have constantly referenced the really bad campaign BY BOTH SIDES of the debate yet you seem to think that American banks funding your side is obviously perfectly acceptable when it clearly isn't.
The mayhem is in your mind and the Tory party us normal folk get on with our lives and jobs making sure that you and yours have a roof over your head and three meals a day just as we will after Brexit. And anyway werent we all meant to suffer immediately after Brexit? You need to man up and stop whining. And there is a dividend of about 20bn a year unless you lot manage to fudge a deal where we are out of the EU but still pay to belong.

We haven't left yet.

Sorry I meant to say the day after the vote, surely you remember? Everybody was going to lose their jobs, stock markets were going o crash ala 1930's , interest rates were going to skyrocket and the pound crash. The pound has lost value but that's more to do with the fact the money markets don't like uncertainty and the constant attempts to derail Brexit by remainers have done more to add to the uncertainty than if the democratic will of the people was followed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:02 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

• £350m/week for the NHS

• Liam Fox
  • Iain Duncan Smith
  • Dominic Raab
  • Michael Gove
  • Boris Johnson
  • Steve Baker
  • Chris Grayling 
  • Priti Patel
  • Lord Lawson

You will never be swayed. For you it is an article of faith. It's like trying to reason with a flat-earther: the earth is flat; that's all there is to it. Or a creationist: "the bible says the earth is 6000 years and that is all there is to it". Facts and common sense are an irrelevance.

Many others were influenced, though. Peolpe with weak mnds who are easily led by an onslaught wraught by our press much of which is owned by a foreign elite, and/or which banks off-shore, and has its own agenda.

The Leave campaign perpetrated all of those lies repeatedly echoed by relentless braying on the front pages of the gutter press so whether they affected you or not their boffins and focus groups told them that the message was hitting home among the undecided - and it was them that mattered most.

So they literallly lied, lied, lied and lied again. Knowing that they were lying. They painted one of the lies, the one that really hit home, on the side and paid for it with a fraudulently funded campaign.

They cheated. Simple as.

They showed utter contempt for balance, factual information and critical evaluation. Simple as.

They cheated every last person in this country, whether they were successful in altering opinion or not, by showing scant regard for all that underpins democracy. Simple as.

Oh I see, it's the people with weak minds you are trying to protect? Maybe we should have to pass an IQ test to vote?
And you are dead against big business, banks and non tax paying businesses influencing the vote?
That's not really true is it? You are against big business funding leave but you are fine with them funding remain which they did. They also blasted their shit across he papers and are still doing so.
Hypocrite.
Are you still worried that Saddam Hussein could mobilise his weapons of mass destruction against us in forty minutes?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:03 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Obviously not.

Not even one.

So no then. You can't provide a single example of "rules and laws eroded".

Nor can you provide a single argument as to how leeaving the biggest and most succesful free trading bloc in the world iwhich accounts for 44% of our export market is going benefit the nation.

Night night.

Add it to the list of bullshit reasons to vote Leave.

It's almost as if we've been brainwashed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:21 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now this really is hilarious! A Remoaner moaning that democracy is damaged after doing all in his power to thwart the will of a democratically held vote. Just because you don't like the result of a vote doesn't mean it was undemocratic. lol!
MPs not reflecting the will of their constituents, angry little rich bich Gina Miller throwing millions at trying to overturn the vote via the Lords, the Beeb, Channel 4 and ITV have all managed to slant stories in an anti Brexit light, The Guardian (your favourite paper btw) is massively a Remoaner rag as is the Torygraph, The Times and the FT but according to you the readers of these rags can think where as the red tops can't.
We are watching the rebirth of fascism by the fascist haters. Luckily you pasty faced, limp limbed band of civil servants and teachers would be shit at a fight which is lucky as I seriously believe that would be an option to you lot. You'd probably have Farage and Bojo in solitary, would have stormed all the broadcasting services to control information flow (although despite your protestations you have no need to do that as the media are firmly on your side) and you'd now be rounding up the general population and herding us into football stadiums at gunpoint to 'reeducate them.
You could then lead a triumphant march to Brussels and burn our constitution in front of Herr Merkel whilst promising to disband the Commons and the Lords whilst looking lovingly at Bernier whilst prostrating yourself over the backs of some of your peons (they voted leave so they are obviously a lesser form of human unable to think for themselves) whilst offering up an extra large tub of Vaseline. Go on you know you want to.
I can't believe that you have the neck to bring up democracy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 am

Meanwhile in a parellel universe the EU and Japan are signing a huge trade deal that will create an open trade zone covering nearly a 3rd of the world's GDP.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:38 am

Think local feck global. Lol. I seem to remember globalisation being a dirty word, it is in my dictionary yet now we are being led to believe its the only way forward?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:40 am

As an aside I reckon that if we had had an honest campaign leading to the referendum without project fear, without the obvious media bias to remain the result would have been more like 70 to 30 in favour of leave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 am

But I thought that was what this was all about "Global Britain" breaking asunder the chains of red tape imposed by the bonkers Bureaucrats of Brussels and opening herself up to the world.

So leaving aside "Project Fear" for a moment. What tangible benefits are we all going to receive when we leave the EU?

Earwegoagain wrote:
As an aside I reckon that if we had had an honest campaign leading to the referendum without project fear, without the obvious media bias to remain the result would have been more like 70 to 30 in favour of leave.

Well we'll never know as one of the sides have been found to have cheated.

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Luckily you pasty faced, limp limbed band of civil servants and teachers would be shit at a fight which is lucky as I seriously believe that would be an option to you lot.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now this really is hilarious! A Remoaner moaning that democracy is damaged after doing all in his power to thwart the will of a democratically held vote. Just because you don't like the result of a vote doesn't mean it was undemocratic. lol!
MPs not reflecting the will of their constituents, angry little rich bich Gina Miller throwing millions at trying to overturn the vote via the Lords, the Beeb, Channel 4 and ITV have all managed to slant stories in an anti Brexit light, The Guardian (your favourite paper btw) is massively a Remoaner rag as is the Torygraph, The Times and the FT but according to you the readers of these rags can think where as the red tops can't.
We are watching the rebirth of fascism by the fascist haters. Luckily you pasty faced, limp limbed band of civil servants and teachers would be shit at a fight which is lucky as I seriously believe that would be an option to you lot. You'd probably have Farage and Bojo in solitary, would have stormed all the broadcasting services to control information flow (although despite your protestations you have no need to do that as the media are firmly on your side) and you'd now be rounding up the general population and herding us into football stadiums at gunpoint to 'reeducate them.
You could then lead a triumphant march to Brussels and burn our constitution in front of Herr Merkel whilst promising to disband the Commons and the Lords whilst looking lovingly at Bernier whilst prostrating yourself over the backs of some of your peons (they voted leave so they are obviously a lesser form of human unable to think for themselves) whilst offering up an extra large tub of Vaseline. Go on you know you want to.
I can't believe that you have the neck to bring up democracy.

No it isnt.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 12:07 pm

We need a People's Vote at the end of this.

How can you have too much democracy?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 12:28 pm

and if the people vote leave again?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Then we go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 12:35 pm

I think the whole thing is going to be cancelled soon anyway.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Then we go.

Rubbish we were asked a simple question remain or leave we voted to leave, the possility of further referendums was never mooted. If you had another vote hen shorely we should re vote on the common market, you lost get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Then we go.

Yeah right.
Accept defeat after all following argyle makes us experts in doing this
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 11:54 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Also taken from the Beeb,

The result of the referendum was 51.9% for Leave and 48.1% for Remain. The UK is due to officially leave the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 29 March, 2019.
The referendum was not legally binding, merely "advisory," according to a Supreme Court judgement in December 2016, so it can't be ordered to be re-run by a court - any decision to have a fresh referendum would have to be made by the government and Parliament would have to pass a referendum act.

It would pay to take notice of the date there. If no deal with the EU is reached then the cliff edge Brexit will happen. Can I just offer up thanks to all the remainers who are making this look more and more likely as time passes. Razz

Yes, it's the pesky remainers who are making the EU do exactly what anyone with a modicum of foresight could see them doing. Just like they're eyeing you up for the gas chamber, apparently.

It's certainly not that Leave's 'they need us more than we need them' rhetoric was obvious bollox from the start, or that Leave supporters have tried to paint immigrants as sub-human, threatened and bullied their own party, or labelled judges following the law of the land as enemies of the state.

Any port in a storm indeed.

So now I have painted immigrants as sub human? That's new one on me Mike. Plus I belong to no party and haven't bullied anyone persoanlly speaking. Plus where did I say that remainers were making the EU do anything?

No, but Farage and UKIP blew the immigrant dogwhistle hard. You also didn't threaten to withdraw your parliamentary support for Theresa May, or plaster the front page of your tabloid newspaper with photos of the High Court judges, so perhaps you'd like to get your arse in your hand about those 'accusations' too?

I haven't seen anyone call you a racist, but you still manage to shoehorn in your 'oh, so I'm a racist now, am I?' indignance into most of your replies. I guess straw men are easier to tackle than the unfolding reality.

You've stated more than once that we can thank Remainers for a bad Brexit. I'm just pointing out that the EU always had the strong hand, and the motivation to play it. Laying the blame at the feet of remainers is fundamentally dishonest.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 pm

The Leave campaign was based on racism and was fundamentally dishonest.

Even Michael Gove has admitted as much.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(other links available on request)
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 12:18 pm

The latest example of that is the Leave funding scandal where the Electoral Commission found that it had broken the law.

Apparently this made no difference to anything but as Richard Herring put it:

Richard Herring wrote:
Of course the £600,000 overspend made no difference to the Brexit result. That’s why people spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on political campaigns. To make no difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next