HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought Empty
PostSubject: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:41 pm

The club, overtaken; the man, President.

Brent wants fans to be docile.

The Trust threatens this.

Brent asks the man to distract the fans and send their revenues and effort into something other than the Trust.

The man starts the Ultras.

People waste money buying flags.

Trust left on a limb.

Mission accomplished.

queen
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:13 pm

It does seem the Trust can do no good at the moment in El Presdente's eyes

From the quality (he finds them too alike) and quantity (not enough choice for his liking) of the candidates through to how the election papers have been sent out to now suggesting there really should have been a hustings and implied criticism of the Trusts Electoral Board nothing seems to satisfy the man. Further he lets everyone know about it.

Its wearing a bit thin from the man who lead the Trust for nearly a year and left it in the state it was having not faced an election himself (understandable maybe) and din't stick around to put any continuity in place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:26 pm

You forgot;

Pacify any desenting voices on Presoti-jn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:48 pm

In my eyes, the supporters trust gloat on how 'democratic' they are, and how they listen to the fans views. I signed up for the trust at the end of last season, and not once have got anything from them asking for opinions or doing a survey or anything, so how do x isles make their own decisions.

I understand that we can pick our trust leader, but at the end of the day their the only one with any power to make decisions, fans views my arse

The trust has the potential to be a good tool in connecting the supporters and the club, its not being used properly however.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 pm

It is my understanding that the election is for the members of the Trust Board - they elect the leader.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Dingle wrote:
It is my understanding that the election is for the members of the Trust Board - they elect the leader.

I think trhat's right but why let the truth get in the way of a good rant?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Yes its correct that the Trust members elect the 6 members of the board then the members elect a leader. I think the Trust board (Wozzer, Tim, Gareth and ATD Legend Mr Blight) have done a good job in steadying the ship after the takeover by JB. Its up to the new board to then start a lot more initiatives to which Pitbull alludes (I think, unless he has misunderstood the title and posted whilst drunk).

Its interesting to note a lot of the issues Mr President brings up, he could have had an impact on as Trust leader. To me, his comments seem more sour grapes and put downs, which isn't the way an official of the club should act #bewareofthetagteam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 pm

That's how I see it with regards to Webb. He would have walked an election and straight into the hot seat as the Trust leader with a full mandate from the fans, I even feel a hint sorry for him, he's gone from a respected leader to a cheerleader, but I guess that's what happens when you accept jollies for your principles. It's all become rather humiliating for him really and that's becoming very telling in his comments.

The Trust leaders since have been true ambassadors and behaved with dignity and professionalism and without prejudice. I hope it continues, it's what gives me hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Dingle wrote:

Welcome to ATD Dingle, where a free voice and the club is more significant then personal ambition.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:27 pm

But I'm hugely ambitious - looks like I've joined the wrong site!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:30 pm

well i'm sure you understood what I meant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Dingle wrote:
But I'm hugely ambitious - looks like I've joined the wrong site!

GOB's got it wrong, it basically a place for the insane, and definition of insane is 'people who wish you have a valid opinion'. If your ambitious then welcome, because your clearly insane if your an ambitious argyle fan cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:32 pm

I couldn't have put it better myself Cobi! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:34 pm

GOB wrote:

Here to help...and irritate other users lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:06 am

Pitbull wrote:
GOB wrote:

Here to help...and irritate other users lol!

Certainly do that mate! Laughing

Have you managed to research the internet for the correct use of 'your', 'you're' or even 'yore' yet? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought   Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought Empty

Back to top Go down

Drunken Musings / Clarity of Thought
Page 1 of 1