Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)

Go down 
+2
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) Empty
PostSubject: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 pm

50 year ago this week where was you?

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 12:13 am

Most likely running around my Grandmother's garden with my bollocks on show to all and sundry!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 12:24 am

I was arriving home from German on compassionate leave from the army because my dear Grand-father as pass away, just in time to watch the world cup final.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 6:41 am

Around the Wifes parents.....because their black and white telly was bigger than ours.....with roller front doors.....posh bit of furniture.....they'd never watched football before.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 8:58 am

Will not be many of us on this thread
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 9:18 am

Watched it on my grans sofa and went out into the garden to play football afterwards pretending to be Helmut Haller. Laughing Always liked his salute after he scored. Amazing time to be growing up as a football fan, England set the trend and Celtic and Manchester United followed in 1967 and 1968.Then came 1970.......downhill ever since.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 9:46 am

Greenskin wrote:
Watched it on my grans sofa and went out into the garden to play football afterwards pretending to be Helmut Haller. Laughing Always liked his salute after he scored. Amazing time to be growing up as a football fan, England set the trend and Celtic and Manchester United followed in 1967 and 1968.Then came 1970.......downhill ever since.

1970 must have been the start of my down hill also, that when I got married sunny
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 10:12 am

Had ordered the match programme from the radio times which duly arrived in time for the game.

In the morning all the local lads played a match in the street. Not many cars around in those days! I alway 'begged' being Jimmy Greaves which backfired on me seeing as he wasn't playing.

Back out after the match with the same lads only this time everyone was buzzing. I remember it being a brilliant day and never wanting it to end.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 11:39 am

In The Hibernia pub in Dun Laoghaire (Dunleary) outside Dublin. My old man was running trips round Dublin Bay in one of the Western Lady pleasure boats and spent the rest of the time in said pub. The locals to a man were supporting the Germans but when I burst into tears at the last minute equalizer they were very consoling! And when it was over everybody carried on drinking as normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)   50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup) Empty

Back to top Go down

50 year ago this week (today England won the world Cup)
Page 1 of 1