vincent_vega
Chemical Ali
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:14 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
33/1 with betVictor or Coral to be relegated
OMG not 33/1 to go down!!! Those odds, sat by themselves, mean diddlysquat or nothing or pointless. Argyle have roughly same odds to be relegated as Orient and only 3 clubs have longer odds.

Good old SS68 said
Shocking signing from the Brentmare, if this guy is a success it will be a bigger shock for me than Leicester winning the Prem!! Accept this sort of signing then accept non league football, because thats where Argyle are heading.

Funny thing is that Mariner was 4 or 5 below Argyle when he joined, Tony Book was at least 4 and Craig Noone was 2 levels below. But then they were all shite weren’t they. Oh and no doubt Leicester fans were screaming when they paid £1 million for a non-league player. He was shite as well.

Welcome back Freathy! I'm sure you'll be first in the queue for Ijaha's autograph.
McCauley out!!!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:25 pm

Elias wrote:
Wasnt noone bought for 150k by us ?

Transfer policy is a shocker.
Says here "for an eventual fee of over £100,000."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We sold him for £300k to Brighton (we did get an extra £30k for Brighton's promotion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ), who sold him for £1m 18 months later.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 pm

If ATD ever did player sponsorship (again) this sort of player ticks all the boxes .
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 11:36 pm

Wolves fan I'm friends with says hes heard of him , never saw him play,but and I quote "its happened before at wolves.. good prospect is not played because first team is almost untouchable.. we are no good at playing kids and giving them a chance
we had sam vokes.. hardly played him and hes a Wales international and playing for Burnley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 12:59 am

tigertony wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
OMG not 33/1 to go down!!! Those odds, sat by themselves, mean diddlysquat or nothing or pointless. Argyle have roughly same odds to be relegated as Orient and only 3 clubs have longer odds.

Good old SS68 said
Shocking signing from the Brentmare, if this guy is a success it will be a bigger shock for me than Leicester winning the Prem!! Accept this sort of signing then accept non league football, because thats where Argyle are heading.

Funny thing is that Mariner was 4 or 5 below Argyle when he joined, Tony Book was at least 4 and Craig Noone was 2 levels below. But then they were all shite weren’t they. Oh and no doubt Leicester fans were screaming when they paid £1 million for a non-league player. He was shite as well.

Welcome back Freathy! I'm sure you'll be first in the queue for Ijaha's autograph.
McCauley out!!!

Mariner was over 40 years ago. Book was over 50 years ago. Game has changed a bit since then.

No-one's saying that it has never happened for a player to be plucked from relative or even total obscurity only to have huge success. But what we can probably all agree on is that it only happens in a tiny percentage of cases. As such, I think people would feel reassured as to the club's ambitions and budget if players, even those with only a squad role, had a proven professional record. Jeez.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 6:40 am

Homeslice wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

If we each have tenner at those odds, the ATD end of season party could be a world beater

I put £5 on at 28/1 last week. I'm expecting to collect. Adams in addition will be gone by Christmas having been totally despondent with the Shyster clown we have at the helm  jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 6:47 am

SkyBet are only 18/1
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 7:32 am

Perhaps he's a "wee nugget" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 7:40 am

akagreengull wrote:
Perhaps he's a "wee nugget" Laughing

Maybe?

How much can he be being paid?  Surely the players union have a minimum?  

I'm guessing that's how much we are in the hole for?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 9:30 am

Keep it cheap, keep it ticking over, the Brentmare continues.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Welcome to the Brentmare. Keeping Argyle Crap since 2011.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 4:55 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Stay tuned for tomorrow's sensational signing from the Mozambique 7th division, 39 year old N'golo Nomark jocolor
laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Totaly predictable the ST, would defend Jimmy's top signing! cheers cheers cheers jocolor
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:04 pm

I wonder if all the avivas will covert there old fireman hats as a tribute to this great signing ...lol
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:10 pm

Homeslice wrote:
He may turn out to be a new Craig Noone.

The smart money suggests he's more likely to be a new Rhys Griffiths.

The fact that I've greeted this news with a resounding shrug of my shoulders tells me a lot about how I'm feeling about the club going into a new season. I used to care about new signings, look forward to the pre season friendlies and plan my year around Argyle matches.

These days, such is the lack of ambition and, more disgracefully, interest, being shown by the owner that I'm of the view that as the bloke who owns the club doesn't give two shits, why should I?
I'm sure David Ijaha has many admirable qualities, but as an indicator of where Argyle stands in the footballing scheme of things, his recruitment points to a club that is accepting of League Two mediocrity, has no ambition and is content to bounce around the lowest professional league in the country in perpetuity.

I wish David Ijaha well. I bet he can't believe his luck, but his presence in the squad shows me where this club is going.
Good Post hommie
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:13 pm

RegGreen wrote:
I wonder if all the avivas will covert there old fireman hats as a tribute to this great signing ...lol
It makes you wonder if the Woolybacks know anything about football, if Big Dave was any good how come all the london /se clubs never signed him up? geek geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Homeslice wrote:

The fact that I've greeted this news with a resounding shrug of my shoulders tells me a lot about how I'm feeling about the club going into a new season. I used to care about new signings, look forward to the pre season friendlies and plan my year around Argyle matches.

These days, such is the lack of ambition and, more disgracefully, interest, being shown by the owner that I'm of the view that as the bloke who owns the club doesn't give two shits, why should I?
I'm sure David Ijaha has many admirable qualities, but as an indicator of where Argyle stands in the footballing scheme of things, his recruitment points to a club that is accepting of League Two mediocrity, has no ambition and is content to bounce around the lowest professional league in the country in perpetuity.

I wish David Ijaha well. I bet he can't believe his luck, but his presence in the squad shows me where this club is going.

And if he's any good, he'll be off at the merest sniff of a better than minimum wage contract. I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict he will be awful.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

And if he's any good, he'll be off at the merest sniff of a better than minimum wage contract. I'm going to stick my neck out here and predict he will be awful.
same here hugh got that feeling to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 7:46 am

Could become my new favourite Argyle player party animal
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 7:49 am

BBC1 wrote:

Rickler wrote:
If ATD ever did player sponsorship (again) this sort of player ticks all the boxes .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 8:03 am

Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Rickler wrote:

Thumbs
Last time we at PACSA sponsored a player, think it cost £600 (maybe £660)
Truro's players can be sponsored for £150 for the season. :Flowers:
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 8:40 am

Speccy has cultivated this 'holier than thou' Avivafesting and bucket rattling culture, through his jamboys and wannabes.

He's just hanging on to profit from the misplaced loyalty of dimwitted janners. He needs to be starved out but knows how to keep them eager for more abuse.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 1:28 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Totaly predictable the ST, would defend Jimmy's top signing! cheers cheers cheers jocolor
I'll take the role of ST?? You really don't like posters disagreeing with you or quoting facts that devalue your comments slightly do you? Nowhere on my original post is there any reference to Jimmy or his jamboys or support or whatever. Its purely a comment indicating that some non-league players do make the grade in the FL. Even Argyle have had a fair few and recently.
Are you sure you're not Nools lovechild? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 2:51 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Rickler wrote:

Thumbs

Lets sponsor Fallon cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Rickler wrote:
BBC1 wrote:

Rickler wrote:

Thumbs

Lets sponsor Fallon cheers cheers cheers
I've made enquiries on the players available. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Ijaha signs permanent deal   David Ijaha signs permanent deal - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

David Ijaha signs permanent deal
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next