Elias
argyl3
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

North Korea seems to want a second referendum  Empty
PostSubject: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 11:38 am

Lol
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] apparently most of North Korea wants a second referendum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 12:10 pm

Indeed. Total mess, we voted out. Get on with it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:07 pm

But it's not the result I wanted Sulk I demand another chance Sulk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Where's Franzi with his pie chart showing how unfair it all is?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
But it's not the result I wanted Sulk I demand another chance Sulk

That's what I said at Wembley last month....but nothing changed.....so unfair.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:02 pm

Petition just been show to be BS. 90% of signatures have been generated by 4chan and Anonymous' bot network lol...
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

Will this do?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:53 pm

Perhaps Farage was just predicting the whinging and wailing of the sore loser remainers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Rickler wrote:
Perhaps Farage was just predicting the whinging and wailing of the sore loser remainers?
No, he was saying that he'd demand a second referendum if the vote was that close. Can't link to it but I saw the interview. I'm sure it'll be on t'internet somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Just joking, Homeslice...
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Utterly laughable petition anyway.72% is higher than any General Election turn out since 1992.Lets have a petition to revoke the Blair/Brown/Cameron years, they didn't happen! What would be an appropriate percentage-73%? 86%? Or compulsory voting? Those petitions are an absolute waste of time and a sop to "open government". Load of meaningless crap.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Utterly laughable petition anyway.72% is higher than any General Election turn out since 1992.Lets have a petition to revoke the Blair/Brown/Cameron years, they didn't happen! What would be an appropriate percentage-73%? 86%? Or compulsory voting? Those petitions are an absolute waste of time and a sop to "open government". Load of meaningless crap.

Leave won 52% of 72% which is only 37%.

What is the threshold before a union can call a strike? Isn't it 50%?

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Compulsary voting and politics taught in schools voting age reduced to 16.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Remain won 48% of 72% which is only 34%.

What has calling a strike got to do with the referendum?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:14 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

laugh No idea mate. Maybe it's something to do with Venus being in conjunction with Jupiter or whether or not the Pakistani women cricket team shave their minges, sorry I just can't stop laughing. laugh
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:27 pm

Greenskin wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

laugh No idea mate. Maybe it's something to do with Venus being in conjunction with Jupiter or whether or not the Pakistani women cricket team shave their minges, sorry I just can't stop laughing. laugh

As for the reasoning it goes something like for a decision as momentous as calling a one day strike there has to be a clear majority in favour of it amongst the union membership or else calling a strike is illegal.

This is the position strongly supported by senior Tory figures such as Gove and Johnson.

It beggars belief that Cameron did not include such a clause in his Referendum Act but, then again, I always thought he was incompetent and useless and current events would support that opinion.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:38 pm

So when the referendum bill was debated why didn't Conservatives, Labour, Lib Dems or any other party ask for it to be put in?

My theory?

Because they are all so out of touch with the British public with their snouts in the parliamentary and eu trough that it didn't occur to them for one second that the majority of people would vote to leave.

So that makes them all incompetent, useless and in it for themselves.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Will this do?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No wrong on several points, first it's not a pie chart, second he's a wanker who doesn't represent me, I've never voted for him or his party, he wasn't even part of the leave campaign officially and I think he did more damage to leave than anybody else. Other than that like the racism issue it's you that obsessed with Farage than anybody I know. You Gaurdian readers give him more publicity than anybody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:52 pm

Apart from that if the result had gone the other way would have have happily give Farage his wish?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 11:02 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

As for the reasoning it goes something like for a decision as momentous as calling a one day strike there has to be a clear majority in favour of it amongst the union membership or else calling a strike is illegal.

This is the position strongly supported by senior Tory figures such as Gove and Johnson.

It beggars belief that Cameron did not include such a clause in his Referendum Act but, then again, I always thought he was incompetent and useless and current events would support that opinion.

And of course you would have used the same logic if Remain had won. As a matter of interest did you raise these points prior to the referendum?

Far more important IMHO is that if a referendum is called in future [and by definition a one off plebiscite must be for an issue of some magnitude] then the outcome must automatically be accepted and enshrined in statute by parliament, no matter what the verdict-there is absolutely no point in calling a referendum in the first place if the result is not acted upon according to the wishes of a majority and which has a democratic mandate via a manifesto pledge and subsequent election of the party concerned. Should this vote somehow not be accepted or overturned [which I don't believe will be the case] then democracy will have taken a severe blow, the appropriate action would ensure that any doubt will be removed should similar circumstances prevail in future.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 11:12 pm

The legal status of the referendum is that it is advisory.

Boris: "...we [Leavers] who agreed with this majority verdict must accept that it was not entirely overwhelming..."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Boris: "...we [Leavers] who agreed with this majority verdict must accept that it was not entirely overwhelming..."

The government would not dare go against the wishes of the majority who voted out in a democratic referendum that they offered the people that was part of their own manifesto that got them into power in the first place.

Otherwise why bother holding it in the first place, why waste millions and millions of pounds campaigning on both sides if they were just going to ignore the outcome.
Plus if they ignore the results of this referendum and bow to the wishes of the minority because they signed a petition online and post memes on social media and give them another referendum and they lose again do they get a 3rd? or what happens of they scrape it and win would it not be seen as highly corrupt if they choose to go with that result and not the first referendum because it the answer they want? do vote out get another referendum because they dont like losing?
Democracy doesnt work like that.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 11:49 pm

Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The government would not dare go against the wishes of the majority who voted out in a democratic referendum that they offered the people that was part of their own manifesto that got them into power in the first place.

Otherwise why bother holding it in the first place, why waste millions and millions of pounds campaigning on both sides if they were just going to ignore the outcome.
Plus if they ignore the results of this referendum and bow to the wishes of the minority because they signed a petition online and post memes  on social media and give them another referendum and they lose again do they get a 3rd? or what happens of they scrape it and win would it not be seen as highly corrupt if they choose to go with that result and not the first referendum  because it the answer they want? do vote out get another referendum because they dont like losing?
Democracy doesnt work like that.

Maybe this will help.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 11:50 pm

At the end of the day both the PM and the leader of the opposition have said the result stands. The eu has said there is no going back.

We are on track to leave the eu.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

And of course you would have used the same logic if Remain had won. As a matter of interest did you raise these points prior to the referendum?

Far more important IMHO is that if a referendum is called in future [and by definition a one off plebiscite must be for an issue of some magnitude] then the outcome must automatically be accepted and enshrined in statute by parliament, no matter what the verdict-there is absolutely no point in calling a referendum in the first place if the result is not acted upon according to the wishes of a majority and which has a democratic mandate via a manifesto pledge and subsequent election of the party concerned. Should this vote somehow not be accepted or overturned [which I don't believe will be the case] then democracy will have taken a severe blow, the appropriate action would ensure that any doubt will be removed should similar circumstances prevail in future.

Maybe this will help:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Korea seems to want a second referendum    North Korea seems to want a second referendum  Empty

Back to top Go down

North Korea seems to want a second referendum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next