sufferedsince 68
VillageGreen
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

England V Iceland  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
I m not happy with this result and demand that the match be replayed......

Very Happy

Quite agree with that. Iceland scored only 66.66% of the goals in the match tonight, how can that possibly be enough to decide a match of that importance?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 pm

Gérard houlier
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 pm

Words fail me. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Words fail me. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:55 pm

The smart money is on Southgate due to the fact he an FA darling and is doing a decent job with the U21's.

No one else springs to mind for me right now.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:57 pm

Absolute disgraceful performance from England.

Worst defeat since the USA in the World Cup.

Glad Roy has resigned, but no idea who will replace him.

I am listening to 606 and it is depressing. Chris Waddle is giving it large.

England will never be a major force in world football until it changes at the top.

Too much money in the Premiership, too much money in the FA. Not enough English players playing for the top clubs.

England have oncce again let us all down, but that is typical.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Jethro wrote:
Shame no manager has the guts to say feck the pl and pick the best from championship,league 1 ,2 and the conference.

Some people on 606 have mentioned that.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Angry wrote:
The smart money is on Southgate due to the fact he an FA darling and is doing a decent job with the U21's.

No one else springs to mind for me right now.

Fact is Angry, there is nobody else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:00 pm

of course once the premiership clubs start playing kids in the johnstone paint trophy we will unstoppable ;0
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:18 pm

Iceland tonight has shown us what proper, long-trerm investment at grassroots level can build.

England tonight has shown us the absolute moral bankruptcy of committing all resources to the top.

Unless every last thing that drives the English football set-up changes we are doomed tp repeat our failures.

It isn't Roy or Rooney, crap as they were - that said I'm sure they did their best, that should shoulder the blame it's the whole damned shooting match.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:31 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Iceland tonight has shown us what proper, long-trerm investment at grassroots level can build.

England tonight has shown us the absolute moral bankruptcy of committing all resources to the top.

Unless every last thing that drives the English football set-up changes we are doomed tp repeat our failures.

It isn't Roy or Rooney, crap as they were - that said I'm sure they did their best, that should shoulder the blame it's the whole damned shooting match.

Hang on, didn't you say a while back that the lower leagues should fend for themselves? Smile Basketball bounce fishing
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:34 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Hang on, didn't you say a while back that the lower leagues should fend for themselves? Smile Basketball bounce fishing

No.

This is lie invented by someone else.

I never said it nor anything like it.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:35 pm

Lets not forget that Kari Arnason was playing at the back for Iceland tonight - managed to keep the best strikers in England quiet and also picked up an assist for the first goal.

Hard to describe how bad England were. A couple of players who were particularly lowlights include Cahill - just rewatched the goals and he's at fault for both - how is that guy picking up 20k+ a week? Hart obviously also at fault for the 2nd, and maybe the first as well. Wingbacks ineffectual, Rooney terrible, never looks like a midfielder. Ineffectual Dier taken off and replaced by Wilshere who was if anything even worse.

Can't help thinking these guys just don't have their hearts in it. That's the only explanation for such consistently poor performances. Don't buy the 'pressure' excuse as they play high pressure matches regularly for their clubs. Hodgson obviously to blame as well, but the players have to take a share of the responsibility too. Under 5 or 6 successive managers England have been sh*te in the majority of major tournament games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 11:35 pm

Sky and the Premier League rule football in this country, they will not give a rat's ass about this result, as long as the billions keep rolling in paying for the best foreign coaches and foreign players that money can buy.

The whole industry has become obscene, and it matters not who is in charge, or who plays, English international football is third rate.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 12:23 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Don't be ridiculous. Iceland has a population of 330,000. It can have all the long term grassroots investment it likes it should never, ever be on the same level as other countries, football wise.

It's nothing to do with their investment, it's the fact that we have a very average group of players who, still should have been good enough to beat Iceland.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 12:38 am

Maybe it is both.

England have only won 6 games in knockout football since 1966:

Paraguay 1986
Belgium 1990
Cameroon 1990
Spain 1996
Denmark 2002
Ecuador 2006

Not many at all and none for 10 years.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 7:23 am

The only upside is Rooney has played his last game for England..... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 8:12 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
The only upside is Rooney has played his last game for England..... Very Happy Very Happy

Rooney has always been overrated from the first time he was hailed as the new great hope and muscled his way through a few substandard defences. Never produced much in major tournaments, although he has done OK in qualifiers. In no way can he be compared with true world class talents such as Bobby Charlton or Gascoigne [struggling to think of many more truly top class creative England players which maybe tells it's own story]but it would be wrong to lay the blame at his door, a symptom rather than a cause.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 8:50 am

Men against boys...

The men of Iceland, made of rock and ice, raised on seafood, brave, strong and hungry.

The boys of England, made of grass, raised on fastfood and smartphones, scared, weak and content.

I really don't know where we go from here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 9:18 am

Maybe go live en France ? Ah, wait a minute. Maybe not.
England is ahead of the game in marketing terms, which means these players have totally the wrong mindset. Self absorbed, conscious of brands and sponsors. Appearance and cool is all. No humility whatsoever. Nothing can be done about it overnight. It's the culture they live in. Nation states and their representation is the last thing on their minds deep down. Pop over the border though, to any border in these islands, and it's quite, quite different.
English football is bankrupt. Apart from a lingering Argyle thing, waiting for Jimmy esq to do one, I haven't bothered with it for donkeys years at any level. It appears it's got even worse in my absence. I look forward to the Wales game though. A real team spirit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 9:49 am

Until rashford came on no one was prepared to be the one to try and change the match.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 1:25 pm

What a pity the Special One took the United job......another couple months and he'd have a been a shoe in nailed on
Got to be Arsene if he's on the table... bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
I m not happy with this result and demand that the match be replayed......

Very Happy

Quite agree with that. Iceland scored only 66.66% of the goals in the match tonight, how can that possibly be enough to decide a match of that importance?

Perhaps we should have opted for "first past the post" lol!
We, as the established team, would have been through quite comfortably in a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 2:27 pm

Don't want hoddle near it even if he is after what he was sacked for last time.
Redknapp doesn't want it.
Southgate meh there's no one else.
Cant be a talented coach in lower leagues cause we seen with beatte and muggy, they won't respect them.
Its a poisoned chalice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 2:44 pm

It will be interesting and give us a better barometer of how shite we are when Iceland play France. If Iceland turn France over then maybe we aren't as shite as we think, personally I think we are shite but that will be interesting.
I'm with Mis on the Prem/lower league thing, can't for the life of me remember who was sticking up for it recently although I'm sure they're too clever to get caught out. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England V Iceland    England V Iceland  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

England V Iceland
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next