Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) Empty
PostSubject: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 5:30 am

Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr - 'Muhammad Ali' dies this morning.

RIP. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Popcorn Pig on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 6:02 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 6:18 am

I think he would be insulted by the thread title use of his previous born designation.

"What's my name.."

RIP. To "the greatest".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 7:51 am

JFK, The Beatles, the moon, Mohmmed Ali. A different time, a different planet. Where did it all go ?
I liked Ali a lot. A brave intelligent man. RIP
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 8:35 am

Very sad day. Difficult to put into words just how inspirational the man was to myself and literally millions of people of my age who grew up in parallel with his career and life. To think that the greatest athlete of all time was deprived of the three prime years of his career by an insane war-how good would he have been can only be speculated and wondered at. The memories of the Liston,Frazier,Cooper,Foreman etc fights will never fade and the sheer personality and charisma of the man outside of the ring was unique and will always be so.

RIP the true greatest
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 8:59 am

Yet another outing, so Pazzoti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 10:09 am

Rickler wrote:
I think he would be insulted by the thread title use of his previous born designation.

"What's my name.."

RIP.  To "the greatest".
"Cassius Clay is a slave name. I didn’t choose it and I don’t want it. I am Muhammad Ali, a free name – it means beloved of God, and I insist people use it when people speak to me and of me.” 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 2:21 pm

Boxing has never been the same since his day, he would fight anybody, I am the greatest! Bring it on, a hero of mine in my youth and who inspired me to get in the ring myself. Soon realised how good he was and how I was never, ever going to get near it. What a man.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 5:04 pm

The greatest fight I ever watched was when Ali totally demolished Cleveland Williams. I vividly remember the commentator sort of musing out loud as Ali danced around the stationary Williams before unleashing lightning punching combinations the speed of which deceived the eye. While always witty, he did have a cruel streak that mellowed over the years until, coupled with amazing generosity, he became a thoroughly likeable man. However, it would be wrong to think he didn't have his detractors, especially among those who's loved ones fell in battle in Vietnam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)   RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr. (Ali, just for Rickler) :-)
Page 1 of 1