+3
Elias
Jethro
Yea Man
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yea Man

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 4:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Already proven to be a suitable replacement for Reid if he does move on.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 4:37 pm

needs some one to play up top with him if he does stay
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Really ? He aint gonna stop here.
Back to top Go down

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:11 pm

He has looked quite a reasonable player in his time here. Far more accomplished than the others, including Reid.
But, this is agent inspired stuff to bump up his profile now he's gonna be up for grabs, having been dumped by Fleetwood. Here we are, Plymouth Argyle, looking for scraps off the Fleetwood table they don't want. Dear oh dear oh dear.

Adams has got a hard task on his hands now keeping the best of a L2 bunch. Would have been so much easier if some had been offered contracts sooner. The most telling thing will be if Adams is allowed by Brent to do the right thing and take on Brunt, given that no one knows how he will recuperate, while out of contract.
If Brunt is somehow not fully included in the retained list, I would worry about how this is all going to unfold.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:13 pm

Jethro wrote:
needs some one to play up top with him if he does stay
how about a certain akinfenwa raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:14 pm

If he is the best we can look forward to then league 2 beckons for a long time yet
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Tbh like matt wish could sign him
Id expiriment with young rooney up front with him..by the way anyone know why Rooney was dropped from the bench in favour of a loanee houghton who will never play for the club again plus Rooneys been on the bench all season and then drop the lad its a bit of a liberty you ask me
Back to top Go down

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:27 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Already proven to be a suitable replacement for Reid if he does move on.

he has i would like him to sign up but we ought to keep both if poss. Play those 2 up front which worked well before wembley when it appeared they were both playing the role of target man which confused both.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Be mad not to sign him..but then again brent would shit himself if he had to pay a fee for him so theres more of a chance someone else will nick him instead
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:19 pm

If Argyle do not sign Matt, i can see Pompey (or another L2 side like Luton Town, Notts County) trying to get him.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyTue May 31, 2016 6:44 pm

Matt in my opinion was the worst player on the pitch yesterday, marked out the game by bog standard fourth division defenders, still if he's cheap enough and is happy with a six month contract, then Team Jimmy will snap him up forshore.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 4:38 pm

I expect his agent may have been talking to Argyle this past week, if so, we will know one way or the other sometime soon.
Back to top Go down

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 4:42 pm

I hope for Matt's sake, he doesn't turn out to be another Banton. He looks reasonably talented, but that's no good over a season if he can't perform when targeted with a game plan. The best players at their level always rise above that sort of thing 8 times out of 10.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 6:40 pm

Five players Argyle could sign ?.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 6:49 pm

I'd be happy to keep Matt, he's a handful at League 2 level and would probably get well into double figures. All depends on the wages I would think. Not sure him and Reid could play together though.
Back to top Go down

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 6:59 pm

I don't see why not. A sort of Ellington and Roberts ... without the pace .......... and without the same talent. But a pair of lumps, nevertheless. I thought Barry and SEB played the role well, but were far more mobile on the turn. But Adams doesn't seem to favour that set up. He should look at it. He's learning about lower tier English football. Two lumps up front works.
Back to top Go down

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 8:09 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I'd be happy to keep Matt, he's a handful at League 2 level and would probably get well into double figures. All depends on the wages I would think. Not sure him and Reid could play together though.

they could do if they have time to gel, and its made clear to both what each others roles are in games so they both dont try playing target man which causes confusion like at wembley.

Back to top Go down

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 8:17 pm

I remember the perfect two up front in Mariner and Rafferty. Billy would pull out wide taking defenders with him leaving Mariner to range down the centre. Mariner's head flick ons to Rafferty were sublime in a Gilzean manner. It's a partnership of two roles that are interchangeable. Neither were lumps, but both held their ground. Shorely it's not that difficult.
Playing up front on your own, though, is very difficult, and few can do it as successfully as Trigger did for us. A rare breed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Matt wants to stay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt wants to stay   Matt wants to stay Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt wants to stay
Page 1 of 1