harvetheslayer
Freathy
pepsipete
Greenskin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Link

MARTYN STARNES: The play-offs are Plymouth Argyle's most likely destination wrote:
FOLLOWING terrific wins at Portsmouth and Leyton Orient, confidence and hope of a possible automatic promotion place was restored only to be crushed again with a horrible defeat at home to already relegated Dagenham last Saturday.

The game was one of the most curious I have seen for some time.

We completely dominated possession, generated 36 attempts on goal and 17 corners yet lost 3-2 having conceded three times in the first half.

The attempts and corner stats are extremely unusual for any game but they are beyond extraordinary for a team that loses the game.

Our performance from box-to-box was good and it produced a number of good opportunities to score before and after we went behind but unfortunately we were unable to find a clinical finish.

As we all know performances provide the entertainment but results are largely decided by our effectiveness in each penalty area.

This is where we need to improve and we will.

Knowing we have secured a play-off place as a minimum the players can play with confidence at Cambridge on Saturday and achieve the win that could take the automatic promotion places to the last game of the season.

Yesterday, I had to attend a Football League meeting at Wembley with all the other clubs that could be participating in the end of season play-offs.

Because of the extremely tight timescales between the last league fixture, the play-off semi-finals and then the play-off final itself there is the need to do a certain amount of pre event planning to ensure the matches are organised as efficiently as possible.

While we still hope results will go our way this weekend, we have to reluctantly accept the probability it will be the play-offs for us again this season.

Given the start we had, that's disappointing for all of us, but we have improved for the third season in a row and we still have a great opportunity of achieving our objectives.

If we are to feature in the play-offs it's important to try and gain some momentum so the support of the Green Army at our final home game on May 7 will be as vital as ever.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Lot of nonsense about "needing momentum" going into the play offs. Argyle won at Shrewsbury in the last game of last season and still royally fecked up against Wycombe.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Not as much as they have just fecked up V Dagenham.
Back to top Go down

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 10:35 pm

pepsipete wrote:

If we dont go up this season the season will be remembered as on big feck up.
Back to top Go down

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 11:24 pm

All sounds a bit convenient for me, "oh dear we are in the playoffs and we were so close... [Ching ££££]"
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 7:51 am

There is no way this 'team' will not be very easily brushed aside in the play-off semis. It's best to consider this season as now being over and not waste money going to pointless play-off matches we can't possibly win.

This never felt like a promotion season because it never was.

We'll be struggling fourth division shit as long as brent remains.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:03 am

Angry wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

The inquest will be brutal make no mistake and I suggest even Nool will be unable to support his Lord and Master further
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:35 am

Oxford at carlisle and accrington at wycombe not easy games im sure.
We could still have a chance if we beat cambridge.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 11:33 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

The inquest will be brutal make no mistake and I suggest even Nool will be unable to support his Lord and Master further

You think? Whatever happens it won't be classed as Brent's fault.

1. The manager's tactics were to blame. Cue instigation of fake twitter account.
2. The players didn't want it enough, they're just mercenaries.
3. It's all the fans' fault, apathetic janners don't deserve anything other than a L2 side.
4. Our Lord and Master did all he could, sanctioning expensive loan signings like Nardiello.
5. Be grateful we have a club to support
6. Eeee saved us.
7. Stripes are back.

Feel free to add any other excuses.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 12:03 pm

8. We are to far from London and the wives don't want to move to Plymouth coz there's not enough decent shops.
Back to top Go down
vincent_vega

vincent_vega

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 2:18 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

Whilst he remains welcome in the Directors Box he will stay faithful there there
Back to top Go down

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 3:02 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

You think? Whatever happens it won't be classed as Brent's fault.

1. The manager's tactics were to blame. Cue instigation of fake twitter account.
2. The players didn't want it enough, they're just mercenaries.
3. It's all the fans' fault, apathetic janners don't deserve anything other than a L2 side.
4. Our Lord and Master did all he could, sanctioning expensive loan signings like Nardiello.
5. Be grateful we have a club to support
6. Eeee saved us.
7. Stripes are back.

Feel free to add any other excuses.

i blame stripes for it absolutely
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 3:31 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
All sounds a bit convenient for me, "oh dear we are in the playoffs and we were so close... [Ching ££££]"
think you've hit the nail rite on the head there
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 3:39 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
8. We are to far from London and the wives don't want to move to Plymouth coz there's not enough decent shops.
9 that your president puts it about with with players wifes behind players backs Wink
Back to top Go down

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 4:39 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
think you've hit the nail  rite on the head there

It just seems very strange he should pop up and talk about the play offs now when we are still in the running for auto
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Elias wrote:
Oxford at carlisle and accrington at wycombe not easy games im sure.
We could still have a chance if we beat cambridge.

The reality is Oxford and Accy (1500 crowds LOL) will both win as they are serious about promotion. But that's all academic as Cambridge are certain to smash us completely out of sight. It's over.
Back to top Go down

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 6:30 pm

Three Little Birds belting out from the PA system for the home leg wouldn't go amiss, get the yokels in the mood for a Take That concert style love in.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Phones out at the ready. Anyone stupid enough to go to the play-off semis will see miserable history repeat itself, complete with last seasons excrutiatingly embarrasing scenes. Glad I won't be there.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Same here, fek em
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:44 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Same here, fek em
I wont be at Brent's playoffs either, if he'd backed the manager in january we would have pissed promotion out of this shit league the truth is Jimmy and the gang wanted the playoffs lots of unbudgeted income to be made.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:49 pm

same for me. will watch it on sky until the third goal goes in then switch off.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Yoooom naaat praaaaaper fans! cheers laugh
Back to top Go down

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:35 am

Much as I love bashing ol Brenty I don't think he's aimed to miss the automatics the guy is so incompetent if he tried that we'd probably go up as champs, I seriously believe he thought that we could do automatic promotion on an austerity budget.
Before anyone says there is no evidence of an austerity budget don't make me dig out and quote Adams and all his quotes re. small budgets.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:44 am

Even if Green Jim would prefer the play offs for financial reasons, I believe Adams would tell him to gfh if he was asked to 'manipulate' results.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Even if Green Jim would prefer the play offs for financial reasons, I believe Adams would tell him to gfh if he was asked to 'manipulate' results.

he will leave within days of play off defeat......................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Play offs whoooop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs whoooop   Play offs whoooop Empty

Back to top Go down

Play offs whoooop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next