HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old, old, old, old, old...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Old, old, old, old, old... Empty
PostSubject: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 10:51 pm

But worth pondering, I think.

Earlier on I was musing about the admin palaver: Guilfoyle, Heaney, whether the club was marketed properly and so on. I guess we'll never find out the "truth" of the sutuation now but one thing that ought to be pluckable from the mess, and to my best knowledge never has been, is the document that signed over exclusivity to Heaney as "preferred bidder".

This document was at the heart of much that went on but it seemed to have little influence on events other than to prolong them almost indefinitely and to deflect any awkward questions. The stock answer to nearly every question was "under the terms of the preferred bidder agreement..." and so on. But what do we know of its efficacy? Deadlines came and went with no sanction but at all times the confidentiality of goings on were protected on the basis of this agreement.

And nobody ever questioned it. It was as if a shibboleth had been carved in stone: immutable, permanent, omnipotent but, again to the best of my knowledge, nobody ever actually saw it!

Surely such a contract must be publicly available, or at least be available to anybody showing an interest, because if it wasn't then it might as well not exist or are we just supposed to accept that the liquidator's word as gospel?

Or does an "exclusivity agreement" exist rather like a legally binding, hard copy unicorn, abominable snowman or Loch Ness monster only in folk lore and in the minds of those who seek to profit from the mythology surrounding such a creature?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 11:17 pm

What about asking Heaney himself?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 11:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

And nobody ever questioned it. It was as if a shibboleth had been carved in stone: immutable, permanent, omnipotent but, again to the best of my knowledge, nobody ever actually saw it!

Heaney saw it... He didn't pay 200K for nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 am

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Heaney saw it...  He didn't pay 200K for nothing.

But he didn't pay it did he? I thought that was funded by Kochiro Abe?

Which nicely brings me to one of the other mysteries from that era. If Heaney was allegedly a 'front' for some of the previous directors, surely they could have picked one that -

a) Didnt own another club therefore barring him from being involved at all whether as a owner or 'front' for other owners
b) not over seeing a public collapse of his own business empire.
c) Had any funds of his own regardless of a & b

I never quite understood how Ian Newell and Peter Ryan managed to 'rumble' red handed with plans him over breakfast at the holiday inn either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 9:02 am

It would be interesting to see how Heaney's plans differed from Brent's HHP plans.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 9:28 am

"All he wants to do is build a cinema in the park."

So hardly any difference at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 11:01 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
It would be interesting to see how Heaney's plans differed from Brent's HHP plans.

ZERO difference except he planned to sell the football club to risdale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:05 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

It would appear they didn't differ whatsoever, maybe Brent is a front for Heaney? For one thing Heaney has done much more building than Brent ever has or will do in the future and pots more money than Brent foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 12:03 pm

SFD, the Rumble at the Holiday Inn was pure luck. On the same day that Heaney was meeting the Council, the contingency committee was meeting Brent for the 1st time. The committee met for breakfast before Brent's arrival, and there in the Holiday Inn restaurant was Heaney and his cohorts with HP plans spread all over the table. Pure luck, but Heaney told Guilfoyle that he thought the fans had someone inside the hotel who called us. We neither confirmed not denied that but it was sheer coincidence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
SFD, the Rumble at the Holiday Inn was pure luck. On the same day that Heaney was meeting the Council, the contingency committee was meeting Brent for the 1st time. The committee met for breakfast before Brent's arrival, and there in the Holiday Inn restaurant was Heaney and his cohorts with HP plans spread all over the table. Pure luck, but Heaney told Guilfoyle that he thought the fans had someone inside the hotel who called us. We neither confirmed not denied that but it was sheer coincidence.

Welcome back Damon
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 6:23 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

That was Hugh Watt's question not mine but it is an interesting answer nonetheless.

My question was "did anybody ever see the exclusivity agreement?".
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 7:40 pm

As soon as he came on the scene Brent did a number on IJN and El Presidente so that they openly opposed any other bidders and most of the sheep followed their lead.

I seem to remember some sort of threats being issued against the Administrator when there was a rumour of a fresh bidder to compete with Brent.

I also remember that I posted Minutes from the Fans trust on Pasoti that proved they (the fans trust) did a full about turn in coming out in support of Brent.

I still can't think why I got banned from
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 8:04 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

My question was "did anybody ever see the exclusivity agreement?".

Edited!

This explains it better.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 8:56 pm

I never saw any agreement. And the difficulty is not a word said by Guilfoyle, Riddler or their shyster lawyer could be believed (remember the Riddled speech on the steps at the vigil). As for the then President of the Trust, he did actively discourage other bidders in the process. All history now though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old, old, old, old, old...   Old, old, old, old, old... Empty

Back to top Go down

Old, old, old, old, old...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: