Tringreen
Czarcasm
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:02 am

pepsipete wrote:
Cant understand while we have a proven twenty goals a season striker,  and Carey and Jervis who were scoring for fun before Christmas,  we now cant score.  Must be tactics somewhere,  sort it out Adams.

You mean that "proven 20 goal striker" who had an injury which kept him out for 3 months and is but a shadow of his former self? Or that free scoring midfielder who also incurred an injury which kept him out for two months and is equally clearly nowhere near his best? It might also be reasonable to mention the injury to Brunt which has left Adams rather cruelly exposed as far as genuine goal scoring options is concerned-that was the whole point of people on here warning of the consequences of not properly strengthening in January-not rocket science, surely. The same sort of "tictacs are to blame" shit was levelled at Sheridan last year-it will be very interesting to see what transpires over the next couple of years as far as results and possibly different managers are concerned.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Anyone else go today? Or just me?

Calm down dear, I didn't and have been going less and less since Brent, I've had fifty odd years of argyle, I've done my time so don't get all superfan on us please. Razz

LOL. I must admit to posting slightly mischievously to gauge a response.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:15 am

Greenskin wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Cant understand while we have a proven twenty goals a season striker,  and Carey and Jervis who were scoring for fun before Christmas,  we now cant score.  Must be tactics somewhere,  sort it out Adams.

You mean that "proven 20 goal striker" who had an injury which kept him out for 3 months and is but a shadow of his former self? Or that free scoring midfielder who also incurred an injury which kept him out for two months and is equally clearly nowhere near his best? It might also be reasonable to mention the injury to Brunt which has left Adams rather cruelly exposed as far as genuine goal scoring options is concerned-that was the whole point of people on here warning of the consequences of not properly strengthening in January-not rocket science, surely. The same sort of "tictacs are to blame" shit was levelled at Sheridan last year-it will be very interesting to see what transpires over the next couple of years as far as results and possibly different managers are concerned.
Adams is starting to get the Shezza treatment from the X Box Nerds who think he can build continuity and team spirit with Dogshit loans, while the HappyClappy's want the few remain mugs who still hand over their hard earned twenty quid to Jimmy, to be paitent!! less than eight thousand yesterday, there will be less than seven thousand for the next match.... This slump was made in Brent, nowhere else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:20 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Calm down dear, I didn't and have been going less and less since Brent, I've had fifty odd years of argyle, I've done my time so don't get all superfan on us please. Razz

LOL. I must admit to posting slightly mischievously to gauge a response.

No worries we share your pain Czarky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Greenskin wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

and those two questions you posed is exactly why we should have regular reserve team football so players in their boat or those not playing enough have a platform to work on fitness and show del bhey what they can do if given the nod. Its a big ask for anyone to spend 3 months oout injured then hit form immediately when passed fit to play without some practise matches before hand.

I thought the peninsula league was going to be used for that purpose but it seems that's purely for the youth team which renders the whole thing a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:05 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
At this moment in time Adams probably has the worst job in English football.  He's expected to pick a team from a bunch of injured crocks whom in all probability are looking elsewhere to secure future employment.  Those looking elsewhere wont want to risk further injury so either wont give 100% or do their best to stay on the bench (McHugh perhaps?)  The overall running of this club is diabolical and offers no incentive for most beyond the end of their contracts which expire in June.  I feel for Brunty right now, I suspect the rest of the squad are thinking similar.

And before any pedantry kicks in, I do understand a few of our players may have had their contractual clauses kick in, I do wonder if this might also add to any division amongst the ranks?

About the size of it..................... Warnock and Sturrock's squads were largely our own players,not out of contract and not panic loanees, far too late in the piece.
If it does indeed go tits up, as is looking the case, I expect DA to depart and tell it like it is.
......''I expect DA to depart and tell it like it is'' ... I was thinking just that before I reached your post.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 3:50 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I went.
Have been going for the past 32 years.
4 home matches & a trip to shitty city until I bow out gracefully.
I'm thankful that James Brent is repaying the old trust loan, and that there are only 3 repayments left.
5 years ago the prospect of £33,000 was one hell of a headache for me being an Argyle fan.
I can find better things to do with the rest of my time I've got left on this earth.

Why are you retireing again ????
Just do what and i about 3000 others do.......go every now and again to remind yourself yoi have better things to waste your time on lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Elias wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I went.
I'm thankful that James Brent is repaying the old trust loan, and that there are only 3 repayments left.
5 years ago the prospect of £33,000 was one hell of a headache for me being an Argyle fan.
I can find better things to do with the rest of my time I've got left on this earth.

Just do what and i about 3000 others do.......go every now and again to remind yourself yoi have better things to waste your time on lol!
Bless you Elias.
I think that will be the plan once this season is over.
My previous sabbatical from Home Park was due to the uncertainty of the Loan being repaid, and as you can imagine, the Mrs was not best pleased should we have to remortgage to find £33000.
Things got a bit serious health-wise the day after the Yeovil game, and so I find myself 'on the wagon' as well as dieting. Those who know me will know that I've 'liked a drink' or 2 at the football over the years, and I have indeed eaten all the pies.
Best regards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:31 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Elias wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I went.

Bless you Elias.
My previous sabbatical from Home Park was due to the uncertainty of the Loan being repaid, and as you can imagine, the Mrs was not best pleased should we have to remortgage to find £33000.
Things got a bit serious health-wise the day after the Yeovil game, and so I find myself 'on the wagon' as well as dieting. Those who know me will know that I've 'liked a drink' or 2 at the football over the years, and I have indeed eaten all the pies.
Best regards.

Did you lend the old trust money or were you accountable in some way? I've not heard this story, feel free to tell me to mind me own parsnips if you want.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:38 pm

he wasn't alone i'm afraid a very stressful period for those involved.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Elias wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I went.

Bless you Elias.
Best regards.

Did you lend the old trust money or were you accountable in some way? I've not heard this story, feel free to tell me to mind me own parsnips if you want.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scroll down to the bit after the graphs.

Or go here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 9:31 pm

Cheers Sir Francis.
Time to regain my health Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Indeed it is and good luck to you with that.

Sorry.

Don't fret. It's nearly all done.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.   Just back - a drunken annoyed precis. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back - a drunken annoyed precis.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2