Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who would you rather face in the playoffs?

Go down 
+14
Tgwu
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
pepsipete
akagreengull
Les Miserable
harvetheslayer
Elias
Tringreen
Lord Tisdale
sufferedsince 68
Punchdrunk
Greenskin
Czarcasm
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Who would you rather face in the playoffs? Empty
PostSubject: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:43 pm

Pompey or the Gas? Very Happy Is it too early to start a playoff match thread? Maybe give it a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:46 pm

I'd take Pompey in the final.

Only we'll probably lose to Wimbledon in the semi's. No
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Don't worry....'bout a thing
Every little thing's gonna be all right
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Don't worry....'bout a thing
Every little thing's gonna be all right

Get the buckets out.............
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:50 pm

I'm sure whoever gets Argyle they will be delighted, we will bottle it big time.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:02 am

You really don't want to be in the play offs, that third place is vital imvho, I would love to see you go out in the semis in front of five thousand at Accy.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:13 am

If we don't make the top three, that would be an almost inevitable demise scenario for the banker's village show.....................and probably goodbye to Deadly Derek.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:49 am

We d be beaten by any of them, unless we start winning again promotion aint gonna happen. Adams will be gone by may 20th.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 9:09 am

Guys we are still currently 6 points clear despite the complete non investment by Harry Potter so its still very much ours to lose. Beating Accrington Saturday would go a long long way
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 9:15 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Guys we are still currently 6 points clear despite the complete non investment by Harry Potter so its still very much ours to lose. Beating Accrington Saturday would go a long long way

You're right harv, not sure we are capable of beating Stan on current form though, anything less than a point will be disastrous.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:30 am

No one surely, a somewhat negative thread, we can still do it without the playoffs!
Think we should all come back to this thread after Saturdays results.
You don't have to be a genius to work out the significance of the game on Saturday for both us and Accy.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 11:25 am

Hoping for automatic with Pompey playing the Gas in the play offs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 12:28 pm

akagreengull wrote:
No one surely, a somewhat negative thread, we can still do it without the playoffs!
Think we should all come back to this thread after Saturdays results.
You don't have to be a genius to work out the significance of the game on Saturday for both us and Accy.

Negative or realistic? Did you not notice the smiley face? It was a little tongue in cheek starting it but it also serves as a wake up and smell the coffee thread. IMO if we don't bolster the squad somehow we will be very lucky not to end up in playoffs. We've dithered and doddered since christmas and gone from five points clear at the top to six off the playoffs. If everybody was less accepting of Brent's obvious shoestring budget maybe we wouldn't be where we are now. It was pointed out in January last year that the lack of signings (and I don't mean Messi and Ronaldo before you say it wanker) would cost us the playoffs and it did, let's not make the same mistake now.
As mentioned by someone else Accy will be the big test, Accy are now firmly behind Gas and Scum in the form stakes so if we dont beat them the smell of the coffee should be overpowering.
And whilst Im at it can we stop with the excuses, the "good point" comments, we are at the business end of the season if we want to go up the autos are the only way, our injury ravaged squad will be fecked in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Pompey have coughed & spluttered but still stayed in contention - based on the 9 games I've seen this season I can't believe how high we climbed (2 wins, 4 draws & 3 defeats). Now that the team is threadbare I think we are about to blow it like Wycombe did last year - sounds like Pompey have geared up at the right time to snatch our spot. Don't fancy playoffs, got no lighter and 'worried'!!
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 12:42 pm

I would imagine that being in the top three for most of the season would make any play off matches fairly difficult to face.

Therefore Pompey or Bristol Rovers might provide the atmosphere for the players to up their game.

Any other team would be a bit flat.

They really have to finish in the top three as otherwise the season is extended by 3 weeks.

Not knowing what division you will be in would surely hinder Adams' plans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 12:45 pm

Whatever division we are in Brent will hinder Adams' plans be sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

Deadly Derek obviously likes a challenge, going by his time at Ross County but is probably more wary as a result of what happened next.

It would be the last straw to lose him but I fear it will happen, one way or another. If we had an owner of even some, cash backed ambition, he'd be a great fit for a long term rise through the divisions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Deadly Derek obviously likes a challenge, going by his time at Ross County but is probably more wary as a result of what happened next.

It would be the last straw to lose him but I fear it will happen, one way or another. If we had an owner of even some, cash backed ambition, he'd be a great fit for a long term rise through the divisions.

Derek is proving to be a 'wee gem' and the sort you want to build a proper club with but hay ho I agree with you fellas, he will be stifled out!! Shame really!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:49 pm

If by a sheer stroke of bad luck that Argyle do end up in the Play-offs, then the weakest team would be better to play.

I am not even thinking of that route yet, not until five or six games have gone by.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:54 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
If by a sheer stroke of bad luck that Argyle do end up in the Play-offs, then the weakest team would be better to play.

I am not even thinking of that route yet, not until five or six games have gone by.

Really? You never cease to amaze Village.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Really? You never cease to amaze Village.

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:15 pm

I am planning to be on holiday on these dates

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:25 pm

Joking aside, if Argyle were to slip down to fourth place over the next 5 games and the Play-Offs start to look the more realistic, will they then try to cling on to fourth spot, hoping for a more generous Semi-Final route to Wembley.

I take it that fourth place plays seventh place in the Semi- Final ?.

Whichever of the seven sides (who are battling for that final Play-Off spot) is the eventual winner, they will be on a momentum of epic scale. Perhaps not the weakest link then.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 7:28 am

Finishing 4th is a major ask for a team in as poor form as Argyle. 6th or 7th is far more realistic goal this season.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 9:32 am

If we fall into the play-offs, I expect us to capitulate in the semi-final, whoever we play. Would just be too deflating after being top 3 all season. Luckily for me, those dates are a nightmare and I have the perfect excuse to not go and avoid suffering some such shit as '3 Little Birds'.

Top 3 or bust. Saturday is massive.

Last edited by Innocent Egbunike on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?   Who would you rather face in the playoffs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would you rather face in the playoffs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next