Freathy
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 9:48 pm

I have just been reading elsewhere that 17 points could be enough from the last 11 games. That would put Argyle on 82.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:02 pm

Here's the history we have to match up to.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

82 gets there half the time.

Mind you that's what 3rd scored not what was needed to beat 4th so maybe more than half the time.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:06 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I have just been reading elsewhere that 17 points could be enough from the last 11 games. That would put Argyle on 82.

On current form we'll struggle to get 17 points. As each week passes another club is drawn into the chase. The game at Pompey now seems another huge match instead of the potential promotion party it could've been.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:42 pm

Jon L wrote:
Anything the players and manager achieve this season will be nothing short of a miracle given the farcical showing from Brent.  He should be ashamed that his so called professional team can't even field a full bench of substitutes.  At the end of the day, he owns 95% of the club and is entirely responsible for that.  The sooner he sells up and fecks off the better.

On the other hand what the manager and players are achieving by just staying in the automatic promotion spots is incredible really given the lack of numbers and injuries we have had throughout the season.

Absolutely Jon.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
What was the attendance?

10091, quite a lot of posh twats there too in the away end

Very poor considering the large away following and the top of the table thing. I blame people like me for not going. I'm fairly fit and wasn't a bad player in me yoof, might've got on the bench today, fackit.

I blame people like you too Les. You don't deserve a high flying 4th division football club. Smile
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:50 pm

Greenskin and Francis just about sum it up for me. After seeing the lineup and bench I'm satisfied with the point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:50 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
What was the attendance?

Very poor considering the large away following and the top of the table thing. I blame people like me for not going. I'm fairly fit and wasn't a bad player in me yoof, might've got on the bench today, fackit.

I blame people like you too Les. You don't deserve a high flying 4th division football club. Smile

were was he during the wor??
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:14 pm

Ffs we re feckin shit !!!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:32 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

On current form we'll struggle to get 17 points.  As each week passes another club is drawn into the chase.  The game at Pompey now seems another huge match instead of the potential promotion party it could've been.

Just looked at the Oxford response.

One person is suggesting Pompey are their threat ?.

Not unless Pompey somehow hit form and go on an amazing run, while Argyle carry on continuing the slump in form.

Argyle really need to win six of the eleven, possibly seven and with the fixtures they have left, it looks like it will be an almighty nail biting run in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 12:40 am

Let's get serious here.

We effectively gave them both of their goals. They scored not so much through their own excellence but as a result of glaring howlers from us. That said they did score them and each of their goals put them ahead of us and each time we came back.

Our team featured Purrington, who has hardly ever played a starting game for us, out of position. Simpson was playing and I suspect not even he would think he was one of our starting XI if everybody was fit. We couldn't name a full bench and two of those named (Rooney and Bentley) have never played and one of the others was Bittner.

We lost a key player in a key position at half-time resulting in a mega re-shuffle...

And all of that against strongly fancied Oxford who are on a good run themselves and who have a larger and more expensive (I think - I don't really know) squad of fully fit players and many of our own fans (on here at least) fully expected us to lose.

And we didn't.

And we're all fearful of a challenge from the chasing pack but Accrington didn't win and we maintain the gap between us and them and there's one fewer game left for them to get the points they need to catch us.

Today's point was, all in all, an excellent point to win. It doesn't make up for recent disappointments but it was still a good point.

We're still a little ahead of the game. It's still ours to lose.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 1:07 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
What was the attendance?

lol I am not worthy!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 1:26 am

Just got in from an all dayer. What I will say having nor read anyone's synopsis is that I was pleasantly surprised at Argykes performance today. They were bang up for it and tbf I would have said 2-2 was about the right result. We had chances but so did they.

I'm pissed and going to bed. Night night Like a Star @ heaven I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 7:50 am

I think 5 wins for 80 points might be enough. It would leave one of the chasing pack needing 8 or 9 wins from their last 12/13 games. Who is going to do that? Rovers, possibly. I haven't seen the consistency in any of them so far, which is why they are where they are.

As for our 5 wins (OK, 6 to be certain)....could be another matter with our growing injury list.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 8:44 am

Pompey, Accrington, and Bristol Rovers games in hand is a massive problem because we cannot buy a win, even against struggling Yeovil. We are in relegation form due to injuries and brent refusing to back the manager. I seriously cannot see us getting even one or two wins before May let alone five. One of the mentioned above will join Cobblers and Oxford in the top 3 while we lose out in the play-offs. Thats the reality.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 8:54 am

Sorry Freathy but 'not buying a win' is simply not true. Since the turn of the year, which happily is an 11 game stretch, mirroring what we have left, we have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 3. If we echo that in the last 11, we'll go up.

It might be despite Brent but the form table, which is the closest thing we have to evidence, suggests your incessant negativity - at least related to this season's outcome - is likely to be misplaced.

How is the Rame Peninsula these days? Sunny and fair, or grey and dull?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 10:40 am

It was a great point all things considering
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 10:47 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Sorry Freathy but 'not buying a win' is simply not true. Since the turn of the year, which happily is an 11 game stretch, mirroring what we have left, we have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 3. If we echo that in the last 11, we'll go up.

It might be despite Brent but the form table, which is the closest thing we have to evidence, suggests your incessant negativity - at least related to this season's outcome - is likely to be misplaced.

So how do you explain going from 5 points clear at the top to 13 points adrift of it and hanging on to 3rd place by our fingertips? That doesnt fill me with any real conviction we are on course and going up automatically come May. That kind of forum is playoffs worthy.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 11:00 am

I think thats six times this season there have been over ten thousand at Home Park, yet we can only find six subs! any of the few remaining who dont think that Brent is a shocking owner care to explain? #promotionmyarse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 11:01 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I think thats six times this season there have been over ten thousand at Home Park, yet we can only find six subs! any of the few remaining who dont think that Brent is a shocking owner care to explain? #promotionmyarse.

yet there are still deluded fuckwits who think he is a saviour and a hero
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 11:09 am

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

yet there are still deluded fuckwits who think he is a saviour and a hero
Yeah i know, the sort who spend a grand plus on watching fourth division footballers train on a Dutch Playing field, have got to be Harcore Numpty's! jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 11:32 am

Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

So how do you explain going from 5 points clear at the top to 13 points adrift of it and hanging on to 3rd place by our fingertips? That doesnt fill me with any real conviction we are on course and going up automatically come May. That kind of forum is playoffs worthy.

I don't call being 8 points clear of 4th 'hanging on by our fingertips'. We are very much still in control of our own destiny.

I explain the 13 point gap simply by Northampton's phenomenal form. They look likely to break 100 points and that happens once in a blue moon, as we all know very well.

Yes, our form has slackened and that hasn't been helped by Tight Jim but Northampton aside, we have the best points total by some distance (along with Oxford)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 1:04 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

I don't call being 8 points clear of 4th 'hanging on by our fingertips'. We are very much still in control of our own destiny.

I explain the 13 point gap simply by Northampton's phenomenal form. They look likely to break 100 points and that happens once in a blue moon, as we all know very well.

Yes, our form has slackened and that hasn't been helped by Tight Jim but Northampton aside, we have the best points total by some distance (along with Oxford)

And which player scored the goals to keep us in the top three post Crimbo? His name is Ryan Brunt and he's injured for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 1:07 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Greenskin and Francis just about sum it up for me. After seeing the lineup and bench I'm satisfied with the point.

A mate of mine was there and I listen to him as much as Skinny and Granny for his view of the match. He said it was end to end, we played well apart from the gift wrapped goals which he saw as a worry, he said Roobs was awesome and didn't know why some idiots were giving him grief, said he was relieved with the point but really should have won but were too shaky at the back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 1:11 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Jon L wrote:
Anything the players and manager achieve this season will be nothing short of a miracle given the farcical showing from Brent.  He should be ashamed that his so called professional team can't even field a full bench of substitutes.  At the end of the day, he owns 95% of the club and is entirely responsible for that.  The sooner he sells up and fecks off the better.

On the other hand what the manager and players are achieving by just staying in the automatic promotion spots is incredible really given the lack of numbers and injuries we have had throughout the season.

Absolutely Jon.

Hit the nail on the head there. Was Brent getting any abuse for his piss poor chairmanship of the club? It's a miracle if not, thank Brent the Mayflower is closed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Angry wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

And which player scored the goals to keep us in the top three post Crimbo? His name is Ryan Brunt and he's injured for the rest of the season.

Yep, time for Reid to step up....which, by all accounts, he did yesterday and was very unlucky not to get his goal. Hopefully he puts that right next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V OXFORD UNITED
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next