Les Miserable
Elias
Lord Tisdale
Sir Francis Drake
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 4:42 pm

That's not true. I've gone from undecided to remain, but only for spurious reasons. But then, I won't be voting in any case.
Trump and Clinton could go either way, but I can't see a Brexit result. England is part of Europe whether the nationalists like it or not.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 pm

Good Lord, despite anything you might say, you've been a stonewall remainer all along imho, stop toying with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 5:32 pm

If you look back Les, you'll see I started as an undecided.

Three very big reasons why I would still vote for Brexit are:-

1...I love a new start in life, You never know what can be created. As MC5 once said, kick out the jams, mfs.

To punish Germany for it's outrageous bullying of Greece. I'm  not too happy either  about Germany trying to push for an "undemocratic" Turkey to join the club, over and above most other members' wishes. In my mind that would be a geo political disaster

3 ... A Brexit would at last deliver a Scotland, independent of England. So, so, so overdue. There's an undecided middle of the road bunch in Scotland who need a kick up their pants. A Brexit would force them to join the SNP bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 5:49 pm

There goes Lord T again. He obviously missed the bit where I said "all polls are dodgy" (can't ANYBODY around here actually read?) on the other hand accumulating all the votes cast in dozens of primaries is far better than a poll of polls (all of which put Trump well behind if you can be arsed to look).

Reality and he are demonstrably somewhat at variance yet again here and any acquaintance he might have with facts is purely coincidental and probably as a result of his litany of truly ignorant mistakes. He just rants away on his same old flawed themes, returning time again to his own pet prejudices and fantasies, reminiscent of a starving dog nobody wants to feed returning to eat its own faeces and vomit.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 6:02 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
If you look back Les, you'll see I started as an undecided.

Three very big reasons why I would still vote for Brexit are:-

1...I love a new start in life, You never know what can be created. As MC5 once said, kick out the jams, mfs.

To punish Germany for it's outrageous bullying of Greece. I'm  not too happy either  about Germany trying to push for an "undemocratic" Turkey to join the club, over and above most other members' wishes. In my mind that would be a geo political disaster

3 ... A Brexit would at last deliver a Scotland, independent of England. So, so, so overdue. There's an undecided middle of the road bunch in Scotland who need a kick up their pants. A Brexit would force them to join the SNP bandwagon.

I accept you started out as undecided but deep down I thought you were playing us. Having read your work over the last 3 or 4 years I'd assumed that your take on things, politically, economically and socially would almost certainly pull you towards the remain side of the debate. I like waverers, people with entrenched views are so hard to converse with, pointless even trying most of the time.

Agree about Turkey, their leader is a real loose cannon and the way he had that news broadcasting station shut down the other week for daring to criticise him was a bit creepy to say the least.

An England, independent of Jockland, sounds very appealing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 11:14 am

Here's the latest prediction from Nate Silver.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It looks unbelievably bad for the Republicans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 12:02 pm

I think most people are ABTers, anyone but Trump. If he was elected I could really see him being assassinated, I've never seen anybody divide so many people so vehemently.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 12:17 pm

He's basically Lord Tis, with a comb over mullet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 12:42 pm

I saw one prediction suggesting that if it ends up being Hilary v Trump the Dems could sweep every state.

I suppose it all depends on the actual percentage of dunderheaded knuckledraggers that can get their X in the right box because by the time all the people Trump has offended band together there'll be few left to vote for him.

Just think - a candidate as dodgy as Hilary could end up with the biggest winning margin ever! I'm no fan of the Republicans, far from it, but their only response to anything seems to be that they become ever more extreme. It's almost as though they fervently believe that they only got 47% last time because choosing a Mormon candidate wasn't crazy enough when in reality they may never get such a high share of the vote again.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 1:56 pm

Lord Biro wrote:

I think you might mean an England free of Scotland, so no more Labour Governments and no £7 billion a year of Barnett to add to the £10 billion saved from the EU.

Scotland could easily go the same way as Norn including the sectarian issues.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here's the latest prediction from Nate Silver.

It looks unbelievably bad for the Republicans.

Wow, Nate Silver, isn't he the genius who described Trump as a troll whose support would soon fade away?

Not surprised Franny would pick him as the oracle.

Polling generally shows Clinton as a winner in a two horse race although some put Kasich in with a better than even chance of beating her, he of course has little or no chance of getting the nomination. The issue is whether it will be a two horse race, Bernie Sanders and his supporters hate Clinton as much as they hate Trump, maybe even more, while any Republican stalking horse would be a break with tradition by being far to the left of Trump and thereby more likely to take a lump of votes from Clinton.

Franny's latest luv affair with Nate Silver is as usual just providing another complete waste of time, nothing is close to settled yet and polling at this point is for money and muppets.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I suppose it all depends on the actual percentage of dunderheaded knuckledraggers that can get their X in the right box

Er, they don't put an X in a box.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 5:48 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

I think you might mean an England free of Scotland, so no more Labour Governments and no £7 billion a year of Barnett to add to the £10 billion saved from the EU.

Scotland could easily go the same way as Norn including the sectarian issues.

I look forward to an amicable divorce within the UK. Share the spoils and get on with being cultural mates, where Calvinism doesn't have to put up with unbridled capitalism.  Localism is the new buzz word, so lets have some real localism. The real fly in the ointment is the city state of london and the SE. It needs a haircut, or to be put to seige. Full of freeloading scrounging cheating service sector paper pushing capitalists.
I look forward to the day Westminster could only produce a one party majority. It would bring out into the open just how unrepresentative the whole sham is.  Then we could have some proper politics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now Trumpy wants to punish women who have abortions, well backtrack to punishing the doctors that carry them out. He's as much of a religious fanatic as IS. What with their prison without trial and torture sanctioned by government at Guantanamo and invading countries to pursue their vision of "democracy and the the one true FAITH" they scare the bejesus out of me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 9:39 am

I think he deserves a term of Office - purely for the entertainment and comedy it would bring. bom

What is flabbergasting is there is a very real chance that the yanks will actually give him that term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 12:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I think he deserves a term of Office - purely for the entertainment and comedy it would bring. bom

What is flabbergasting is there is a very real chance that the yanks will actually give him that term.

Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton

i dont envy yanks having to vote for one of those jokes both will be awful presidents.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 12:24 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton

i dont envy yanks having to vote for one of those jokes both will be awful presidents.

Possibly. But at least one of them wouldn't provoke a level of civil unrest totally off the scale compared to anything they've seen previously in modern times.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 1:20 pm

......or WW 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 2:48 pm

The yanks are sending another division of troops to the Russian border as we speak Zyph, I wish they would all chill the feck out.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:20 am

Ted Cruz is the massively underrated risk in this IMO. In with a chance of the nomination too.

Only Republican who isn't an absolutely terrifying prospect is John Kasich and he mathematically cannot win.. But we'll see what happens at the electoral college.

Look past Hillary's objectionable personality and there's really only one candidate isn't there....
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Crazy Paven.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 1:55 pm

How have we had a political system that consisted of right wing Tories, Labour lefties and bleeding heart Liberals replaced with right wing Tories, a left wing figurehead lefty (geddon Jezza) controlled by right wing Neo cons and the Libs are conspicuous by their absence? The centre ground that most would like to inhabit is nowhere in sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 6:08 pm

It's Spring tides innit.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 9:58 pm

PJ O’Rourke saying he’d vote for HRC rather than Trump: “I mean she’s wrong about everything, but she’s wrong within normal parameters.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Presidential Election etc   US Presidential Election etc - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

US Presidential Election etc
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next