mouldyoldgoat
sufferedsince 68
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 3:01 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
I'm not so sure that's true Homey, if the steel is in good nick then no reason why you couldn't re-roof, strip out and gut changing rooms, change the corporate into a supporters bar and the jobs a goodun, I've seen nothing to suggest that the actual structure is unsafe.
The cost aspect is the real sticking point, no Nandoes, school or dentist so we would need a real owner willing and ABLE to invest, Brent is neither of these so were fecked.

Yep, a wash and brush up, a refurb of the terrace and a new roof would be good for another 30 years.

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that once a part of the ground has been used for seating it can never go back to it's former so the seats would have to go back in.

The Mighty Blues, Brum, are in a similar place, three sides of their ground is new and modern, and like yours half empty most of the time, they have though done a decent job upgrading their old, main grandstand.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:27 pm

I have gone past caring for a new Grandstand now. The sooner Brent clears his desk and vacates the Chairmanship, the better.

He clearly will not build the thing to his expectations and we suffer the most.

Torquay have somehow got hold of American investment for an entire new ground, so reports suggested last week. If only Argyle could attract some foreign investment to spruce up the ground and build a new Grandstand.

Argyle will go through promotions and relegations and the eyesore of that Grandstand will still be standing poorly.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 7:33 am

VillageGreen wrote:
I have gone past caring for a new Grandstand now. The sooner Brent clears his desk and vacates the Chairmanship, the better.

Torquay have somehow got hold of American investment for an entire new ground, so reports suggested last week. If only Argyle could attract some foreign investment to spruce up the ground and build a new Grandstand.

Argyle will go through promotions and relegations and the eyesore of that Grandstand will still be standing poorly.

In reality, Torquay are about as close to 'securing' American investment, as Brent is to building a mini-stand. I wish them well though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 8:40 am

[quote="Czarcasm"]
VillageGreen wrote:

In reality, Torquay are about as close to 'securing' American investment, as Brent is to building a mini-stand. I wish them well though.  [/quoteI

Torquay will be waiting on an agreement from the planners for their present ground to be covered in houses not an option open to Brent although I'm sure he'd love to build over the whole of the park if allowed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 9:11 am

Despite his rhetoric of giving something back to the community, Brent would concrete over the moors if he could. Look at Oldway, where permission and uplift were obtained to build a massive block of retirement flats on the edge of the land. At 400K for a 2 bed flat, they're almost finished and sold, what a surprise, while the mansion itself, public facilities, and other maintenance is just left to stagnate under some ruse or other.
PCC are already playing with the idea of allowing housing on the "under utilised" fringes of Central Park. I find it impossible to believe Brent doesn't see an opening for himself to cash in here at some stage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Ashton Gate Webcam

Coming on nice eh

Not for the loikes of us, think of the extra traaaafic innum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Ashton Gate Webcam

Coming on nice eh

Not for the loikes of us, think of the extra traaaafic innum

If only. Mother-in-law lives around the corner and because we visit on a regular basis, we have watched the progress over the months with admittedly a sense of envy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:59 pm

Even more impressive..............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Meanwhile at Crawley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Exeter city begin their ground redevelopment in summer dont they?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:53 pm

A new owner does not necessarily equal a new grandstand that is fit for purpose will be built.
However the current owner equals no grandstand will be built given there is no evidence to indicate JB has built or intends to develop any project either at hp or elsewhere.
I'm not religious in any way but even I'm starting to look skywards and ask politely for a change of ownership at HP.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 9:13 pm

But isn't every day that passes without Brent knocking up some sort of fourth-rate 4th division-level mini-stand, a triumph?

It certainly is for me.

Whichever path we are headed down will become clearer very soon (6 months prior to Oct) when Brent has to declare his interest in purchasing the freehold. If he doesn't buy, it'll no doubt be because he hasn't squeezed the budget enough to give him the required finance to complete the purchase. If he does buy, then this will be the first genuine step towards getting a new stand built, as Brent will obviously look to sell on to make his desired profit.

It is who he chooses to sell on to, that will ultimately determine whether we get the stand we deserve, or not.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Meanwhile at Crawley

Funny old game that, on the surface he seems a big player but were that actually the case why the chuff would he go for a seriously scabby little club like Creepy who are currently punching way above their historical weight, have no fan base and who would look total minnows alonside a monster sleeping giant like th'Argyle.

Could it just be their proximity to an airport?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Meanwhile at Crawley

Funny old game that, on the surface he seems a big player but were that actually the case why the chuff would he go for a seriously scabby little club like Creepy who are currently punching way above their historical weight, have no fan base and who would look total minnows alonside a monster sleeping giant like th'Argyle.

Could it just be their proximity to an airport?

Yep, airports are a must when it comes to buying football clubs. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:59 am

Czarcasm wrote:
But isn't every day that passes without Brent knocking up some sort of fourth-rate 4th division-level mini-stand, a triumph?

It certainly is for me.

Whichever path we are headed down will become clearer very soon (6 months prior to Oct) when Brent has to declare his interest in purchasing the freehold. If he doesn't buy, it'll no doubt be because he hasn't squeezed the budget enough to give him the required finance to complete the purchase. If he does buy, then this will be the first genuine step towards getting a new stand built, as Brent will obviously look to sell on to make his desired profit.

It is who he chooses to sell on to, that will ultimately determine whether we get the stand we deserve, or not.

Agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

It certainly is for me.

and me!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 8:46 am

Me too. And I cant see it being built now either. Brent's plan to box in the ground with his clusterf**k is dead. So no reason to build the ministand. Time for brent to do one and hand over to a proper owner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:14 am

Czarcasm wrote:

It certainly is for me.

+1....the quickest route to Brent's departure is him seeing an opportunity to sell at a profit.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:27 am

No need to worry Jimmy the Brick, has never developed anything anywhere, His Ministand Dreams are just that Dreams!
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 11:36 am

Freathy wrote:
Me too.  And I cant see it being built now either.  Brent's plan to box in the ground with his clusterf**k is dead.  So no reason to build the ministand.  Time for brent to do one and hand over to a proper owner.

The very thought of him being the chairman if we get to League 1 is a very scary one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 11:53 am

I wonder what excuse we'll get from JB re the grandstand, once this season is over? If we go up, great!! if we stay down - meh!! But what ever happens, JB won't have the current convenient distraction of a promotion push to ignore concerns about out illusive new grandstand!!

Or, as said above, people are so pissed off with it all, they don't care about a new grandstand anymore, and so JB will let the issue rumble on for years as long as no-one is really kicking up a fuss.

What a sorry old mess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:35 pm

when the sun rises in the east and sets in the west and the chilcot inquiry is released only then will brent build anything at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Angry wrote:
when the sun rises in the east and sets in the west and the chilcot inquiry is released only then will brent build anything at all.

The sun 'does' rise in the East and set in the West!!! So, only the Chillcot enqiry to go, and we'll get a new Grandstand!! Wink
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Well spotted HIGNFY!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:09 pm

HIGNFY wrote:
Angry wrote:

The sun 'does' rise in the East and set in the West!!! So, only the Chillcot enqiry to go, and we'll get a new Grandstand!! Wink

dang wrong way round lol but the point remains it will never happen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granstand /Ministand update?   Granstand /Ministand update? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Granstand /Ministand update?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next