Go down 
+2
SteelCannon
Tgwu
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:38 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

I do get you with the car obsession but if I'm reading you right then you seem to think that the life centre car users and park user car users have more right to park in the park than the football users, I personally don't see the difference.

No, it's not really a car thing. It's a park thing, and the clash of culture.

Yet another extra slice of the park has been given over to even more car parking for the Life Centre. That was bad enough, but somewhat understandable, given it's business plan and desire to offer further facilities. But that extra green space wasn't taken away just for the same old Argyle lazy lard arses that have always driven all over that park of the park. Should have been stopped years ago.
Public money was invested to give citizens of the area easy access to improved exercise and competitive sport participation facilities. It wasn't invested to give spectating football fans 800 yards less to walk. Here's a novel idea. Pop in for a swim at the Life centre first, then go grab your pasty and pint afterward.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 6:43 pm

I actually like Central Park. I don't know where you're getting this thing that I don't care about it. Maybe that's other people that you know. And I've never heard footie fans grumbling about those who use it. New one on me, that. But I'm not going to apologise for using my car either. It's not like Home/Central Park is a few streets from me. I have a car for my own freedom so that I don't have to use public transport. And I'm perfectly capable of walking to the local shops so I don't know why you have tarred me as 'one of those'. Nor do I think I can do what I like with a car. I will always park safely and legally. Have a go instead at those I've suggested are the selfish ones who park on grass verges etc.

And about people in Peverell moaning about match day parking, well, I can understand being upset with those who park selfishly, but not about general parking itself just because the streets are full. The ground has been there for over 100 years - you decided to buy/rent a house near it. That's like those people who buy a house under the Heathrow flight path then complain about aircraft noise. I don't get it.

Regardless of location, a stadium will always attract traffic/cars. Whether it's in a city suburb or out of town location. Inevitable in this modern world I'm afraid.

Living in Cattedown, I expect to not be able to park when I get home on the nights they host the fireworks championships. It's a few days a year, I can deal with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:26 am

Lord Biro wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

I do get you with the car obsession but if I'm reading you right then you seem to think that the life centre car users and park user car users have more right to park in the park than the football users, I personally don't see the difference.

No, it's not really a car thing. It's a park thing, and the clash of culture.

Yet another extra slice of the park has been given over to even more car parking for the Life Centre. That was bad enough, but somewhat understandable, given it's business plan and desire to offer further facilities. But that extra green space wasn't taken away just for the same old Argyle lazy lard arses that have always driven all over that park of the park. Should have been stopped years ago.
Public money was invested to give citizens of the area easy access to improved exercise and competitive sport participation facilities. It wasn't invested to give spectating football fans 800 yards less to walk. Here's a novel idea. Pop in for a swim at the Life centre first, then go grab your pasty and pint afterward.

If we played every Saturday or every day then something would need to be done but there is only a conflict of interests on about fifteen Saturday's a year, Tuesday probably don't even register. It seems your problem is more with football fans parking than other park users, I see us as no less worthy than dog walkers or swimmers. Like I've said earlier I'm unable to walk from town to the ground so need a taxi or parking somewhere near the ground, practicalities innit.
Personally when going to Argyle I use public transport these days, bus to Mutley Plain then a taxi to the ground with Al, Bandy and Chris to get there 15mins after kick off, didn't upset anyone.   drunken drunken
Don't forget also that probably fifty percent of cars in the main car park are park and riders trying not to clog up the city centre with traffic as they are advised to do. Loads of fans from Tavvy use George park and ride as others do around the city.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 am

True. And good on them. I'd probably do the same if i lived in Tavvy. Only problem for me would be that the bus still gets stuck in the traffic as there's no bus lane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE   WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WARNING OF NEW PARKING RESTRICTIONS AROUND LIFE CENTRE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2