tigertony
harvetheslayer
Sir Francis Drake
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

What next? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:51 am

TigerTony = Wanker
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 2:06 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
If Wycombe win tonight that'll leave us 9 points clear of 8th placed Orient whom we still have to visit, yet another potentially huge game we could bottle just to keep play-off hopes alive.

Now you are just being silly, you would have to go on the worst run in the history of terrible runs and just about every other result would have to go the way of the teams in the frame, you are not that bad and they are not that good, only the Gas and Accy are showing any real consistently good form, my nephew is a big Pompey fan and he would be pulling his hair out if he had any.

You will make the play offs at the very least, that in itself should be seen as a success.

8 points clear with 9 games to go. We gotta visit Pompey, Orient and your adopted team who'll no doubt be up for it in their cup final, that's our advantage wiped out right there. You're obviously not paying that much interest in football at the moment.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 5:13 pm

''What Next'', a bloody miracle that is what is needed next.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Probably some complete drivel from el pres......
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 6:27 pm

8 games to go; we have 68 points.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In 2 of the last 10 seasons that would be a play-off spot so our play-off presence is now all-but guaranteed barring 8 defeats on the trot.

Sadly we are currently down to 4th place and so we need to out-perform either/both of Oxford and Bristol Rovers to go up automatically. How many points we'll need to do that is anybody's guess but I'll go for WDWD etc being good enough meaning we'll require another 16 points taking us to 84 in total.

Interestingly 84 points would not have been enough to be promoted automatically in 3 of the previous 10 seasons - and might not in this.

No matter how you cut it every defeat from here on in will be a hammer blow to our hopes of automatic promotion.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 11:55 am

6 games to go; we have 71 points. Currently in 4th tied for 3rd on points with Accrington and B Rovers.

The points tally required now is one more than either of them although Pompey are only 5 points behind with 2 games in hand so it could be 2 more.

We are 10 points ahead of Wycombe in 7th spot.

With 6 games to go you'd have to expect a minimum of another 12 points being required. I'd be relatively sure if we get another 14 points meaning 85 could be the eventual target.

So that'd be 4 wins and 2 draws or 5 wins in our last 6 games

Am I expecting us to do that? No.

Nor can I see us losing a 10 point lead over 7th place in only 6 games (although you never know).

It looks almost certainly like the play-offs for us now and I have to say that I am hugely disappointed at this likely prospect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 11:59 am

Well finish on 80 points is my reckoning, win three and lose three, playoffs foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Season is over as we all know the play-offs will be a total disaster like last season. There is no hope of us getting out of this terrible divsion for years to come.

Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 8:17 pm

We can get out, to the Conference. Trust in Santiago.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:38 am

Might as well see this through.

We now have 71 points and are 5th with 5 games to go.

Remember when we were worried Accrington would catch us? Well they have and are currently 3rd 3 points ahead of us so for us to get back into an automatic promotion spot they must lose and we must win to catch up and then we have to do better than them in the remaining games.

And we have to do better than Bristol Rovers and Pompey will overtake us if they win their game in hand.

We'll probably need to win all of our last 5 games to achieve all of that and even then that might not be enough.

So it's time to look at the other end. We are 9 points ahead of Wimbledon who are in 7th place. They have a game in hand. If they win their last 6 games they'll be 9 points ahead of where we are now. I doubt that they'll do that but we need anouther 10 points in our last 5 games to be certain of beating them. That is equivalent to WDWDW.

Can we do it? On current form you have to be doubtful: 6 wins, 4 draws and 7 defeats so far this year (or 22 points out of the last 51).

This is all desperately disappointing stuff. Where once we were all but nailed on as Champions now we're likely to struggle to hang on to a play off spot.

Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:55 am

We'll make the play offs with probably 75 points but we'll be the team everyone will want to play.

When the team needs to dig deep the last thing you need is a bunch of out of contract players who if they break their leg are unemployed in 12 weeks time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Rovers will batter us like a piece of Cod. Is there anyone likely to be in the playoffs who hasn't beaten us on the way there?
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have just guessed the result of every remaining game resulting in this table.

Well, you got that wrong
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
We'll make the play offs with probably 75 points but we'll be the team everyone will want to play.

When the team needs to dig deep the last thing you need is a bunch of out of contract players who if they break their leg are unemployed in 12 weeks time.

This is exactly what must be an issue for so many players. Just look at Brunt. Ten years ago, he cold have looked forward to a proper rehab with wages still on the table every month. What's going through Reid's mind with his continuing niggles, knowing Pompey would take hi ? Now, in the age of neo capitalist Brentism that doesn't believe in nurturing anything but a pension fund, all Brunt will get for his sterling efforts this season is his health bill paid. There's no way he'll get another contract anywhere until he is fully fit and proven to be so. That could be months and months. Now what fans are there left who think that sort of scenario isn't in the mind of many of the out of contract players ? Who wants to put a leg out for a last ditch tackle knowing you're out of a job in a few weeks time. I believe the excuse given for this short contract culture under Brent was that it makes players hungry to do well. It is now having the opposite effect. If anyone deserved to be given an extension of contract due to his efforts this season, it was  Brunt. I despise this club's emerging culture more with every passing day.

Adams says he wants to build a club. Well, the first thing he needs to do is find a charman who shares that view in reality, and not just in cheap words. It's not as if the budget needs to be increased, it's just that players need to feel they belong to something, and have a modicum of security. If not, underneath they'll be saying feck you. They'll hop off up the line if necessary and play for someone else. All of them are capable of finding a similar place elsewhere
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Absolutely!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 4:21 pm

PatDunne wrote:
TigerTony = Wanker
Thank you so much Pat. I don't normally respond to village idiots but being a Sunday and just waved goodbye to grand-daughter I'm feeling childish. Surprised at your pen name of PatDunne! He could catch a ball whereas the only thing you can probably catch is the school bus .. with help on getting dressed. I know it says you're 55 but maybe you're just a late starter in life. You need to get my pen name correct before being a keyboard warrior. Snags reading and writing? Oh well you can practise tomorrow at school. Bye Bye
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 4:31 pm

tigertony wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
TigerTony = Wanker
Thank you so much Pat. I don't normally respond to village idiots but being a Sunday and just waved goodbye to grand-daughter I'm feeling childish. Surprised at your pen name of PatDunne! He could catch a ball whereas the only thing you can probably catch is the school bus .. with help on getting dressed. I know it says you're 55 but maybe you're just a late starter in life. You need to get my pen name correct before being a keyboard warrior. Snags reading and writing? Oh well you can practise tomorrow at school. Bye Bye

Only two types of people at sea Tony, wankers and liars.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have just guessed the result of every remaining game resulting in this table.

Well, you got that wrong

Au contaire, mon ami.

I've got the top 7 potentially right allowing for minor variations of position. And the bottom 2 too.

The rest don't really matter much.

And all predictions are bunk. Anybody can make them and after that it's luck if they turn out to be accurate.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 5:20 pm

I think Santiago is going for a new ' first in football' of zero hours contracts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 6:22 pm

seadog wrote:
tigertony wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
TigerTony = Wanker

Only two types of people at sea Tony, wankers and liars.

And Dominos pizza boxes. I counted twenty of them washed up at Seaton beach yesterday. Dog had a right old sniff.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Well, you got that wrong

Au contaire, mon ami.

I've got the top 7 potentially right allowing for minor variations of position. And the bottom 2 too.

The rest don't really matter much.

And all predictions are bunk. Anybody can make them and after that it's luck if they turn out to be accurate.

Argyle wont finish in the top 3, and im fairly sure the team that will win at Wembley arent in the top 7 you have listed Smile

look to the Capital of Devon for the side that will join Northampton, Oxford and Accy in lg1 next season.....

Oh and TT, dont worry at pileofdunne, he seems to be a bit of a spoon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 8:25 pm

If Exeter go up and we stay down I wonder how the Brentites will justify that? Public hanging of Adams foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Exeter have a very good chance of going up. One of the better sides, if not THE best side, in the play-off places. If they do go up, especially after knocking brent's loanees and demoralised out-of-contract players out of the play-offs, the contorted faces of the pasoti brent lovers will be something to behold. Even though its their beloved brent who is 100% responsible. Still the supid brent loving dullards will continue to praise their parasitic tory overlord.

Any one with any brains should be done with this shit club.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Freathy wrote:
Exeter have a very good chance of going up.  One of the better sides, if not THE best side, in the play-off places.  If they do go up, especially after knocking brent's loanees and demoralised out-of-contract players out of the play-offs, the contorted faces of the pasoti brent lovers will be something to behold.  Even though its their beloved brent who is 100% responsible.  Still the supid brent loving dullards will continue to praise their parasitic tory overlord.

I was done with this clueless, omni-directional, dysfunctional shower of shite at the very least, 3 season ago. It has nothing more than a comedic value here on in. If they (Argo) can't be bothered to put a shift in, then nor can I.

Anyone want a fight?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 1:07 am

Freathy wrote:
Exeter have a very good chance of going up.  One of the better sides, if not THE best side, in the play-off places.  If they do go up, especially after knocking brent's loanees and demoralised out-of-contract players out of the play-offs, the contorted faces of the pasoti brent lovers will be something to behold.  Even though its their beloved brent who is 100% responsible.  Still the supid brent loving dullards will continue to praise their parasitic tory overlord.

God pasoti would implode all summer long. Free entertainment.
Can read it now, its all adams fault lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What next?   What next? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What next?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: