sufferedsince 68
VillageGreen
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Yeovil Town interim manager Darren Way spoke as part of the build-up to the match against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park.

Qu: With the way that you're working, are you going along the lines of thinking as if you're here permanently and then working from there?

DW: Sir Alex Ferguson told me - I spoke to him the other day - to never worry about getting the sack. Although I haven't got the job yet! I think that's from the main man. If you worry about it - of course the press want a story to constantly talk about, and they want to keep talking about it. I know what I've done and what the players have done and what they've achieved in a short space of time. When I go home at night and I close my eyes, I know that I've been giving it everything that I've got. If the powers that be change that, then so be it and you move on. But it's important that the club gain results to stay in the Football League. All this talk about this manager, that manager or my manager - let's focus upon one thing, and that's to keep the club in the Football League, and I'm part of that process as it stands right now.

Qu: It must be quite a big deal to be getting advice from someone of the likes of Sir Alex?

DW: Yes, I said on the interview (last Saturday) that I was on a bus with twenty-odd players at the time, and I think the bus driver was ear-wigging! It was a strange situation when you take a call from someone who has been there, seen it and got the t-shirt and to give me the advice that he's given me was pretty special. I'll cherish that moment for a long time.

Qu: Moving forward, Plymouth on Boxing Day is a big game. They're top of the table so they're going to be a tough opponent.

DW: They've all been tough opponents. But I think now there's a belief in the squad that we can win. Before I think we hoped to win, and that's a big difference and I think performances have shown that. When you look at the games, we've had a few refereeing decisions that I think have been poor, that could have changed the whole way that the club have thought. It's been a difficult one, but I think there have been large steps in moving it forward.

Qu: Obviously with them being top of the table, we know it's going to be tough but what do you know about them as a team and what do you expect from them?

DW: They're good on the counter-attack. They've got good players and they can score goals. They're solid and I've also identified their weaknesses that we'll be working on - just the same as Leyton Orient and just the same as Barnet, and just the same as Stevenage and Oxford. So we'll do our homework and we'll go there looking to win the game.

Qu: How is the squad at the moment? Any injuries to report or any players coming back?

DW: It's nice - some of the players like Marc Laird trained today, which is good. They're all excited and they all want to be involved, and it's a nice place to be at the moment.

Qu: Obviously it's the festive period - is there Christmas Day training as well?

DW: Yes, we're in on Christmas Day. We talked about sacrifices. Some people say about sacrifices, but it's your living, so I'd say it's choices and we've decided to make sure that we're in on Christmas Day, to do everything that we can to go to Plymouth and make sure that we're mentally and physically prepared.

Qu: Is it tough sometimes being a player or a manager around this time of year? Obviously players have got to be away from families.

DW: It depends on how long you've been in the game. I've been in the game for a long time and it's one of those things that you get used to and it's part and parcel of the job. You get enough time off during the summer to enjoy yourself. During this festive period, people organise their whole Christmas around football, and it's important that we make sure that we give the fans something.

Qu: You're returning to your home town aren't you?

DW: Yes, it's good. It will be good to go back there. Plymouth are always going to get a good crowd. With Plymouth being top of the league, it's good as the atmosphere will be good, but we'll make sure that we focus on what we've got to do to win the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:45 pm

Looking forward to this one. Taking my old man seeing as his health has picked up a bit. Popping up to the Cherry Tree to say hello to a few old chums and share a xmas beer or 10 (might even pop into the bar to say hello to Czarcasm! Laughing )

Sadly, Boxing day + big crowd + chance to rebuild our lead at the top = a freathy-esque prediction of a 0-1 defeat. Hope I'm disastrously wrong!

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Got my tickets earlier- only blocks available were 1 and 15.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:52 pm

POI wrote:
Looking forward to this one. Taking my old man seeing as his health has picked up a bit. Popping up to the Cherry Tree to say hello to a few old chums and share a xmas beer or 10 (might even pop into the bar to say hello to Czarcasm! Laughing )

Sadly, Boxing day + big crowd + chance to rebuild our lead at the top = a freathy-esque prediction of a 0-1 defeat. Hope I'm disastrously wrong!

I was thinking of going to the Cherry pre-game, hopefully get to say hello.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Let me know, Mike. I'll gladly share a pint of frothing ale and some old war stories! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Got my tickets earlier- only blocks available were 1 and 15.

Online tickets still show seats in all blocks but for 11,12 and 15 not open

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HOME Park is set to welcome another large attendance on Boxing Day when Plymouth Argyle host Yeovil Town.

Tickets are still available to purchase online, although finding a group of seats together is not easy.

If fans wait until the day to purchase tickets they will cost £2 more.

Both the Lyndhurst Stand and the Devonport End only have limited seats left, so people hoping to go should purchase tickets as soon as possible.

The Pilgrims will be looking for their second win on the bounce and are hoping to stay top of League Two

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Presumably they'll not be daft enough to not open Zoo Corner for Potd? Might have to go back to Cherry. Do we wear carnations to form cabal?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Is it still the window seats?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 4:24 am

Ticket office are close today, only way to buy is online, potd tomorrow is it at the ticket office or are there some cash gates open. (We should of asked the AFT to find that answers)

Roselyn coach from cornwall are running to Home Park tomorrow phone 01726 813737 to make sure it is not full.

leaves Par depot at 1 o'clock. It currently has 31 booked on it. £10 return

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
POI wrote:

I hope you do go Mike...you'll be the only one I can recognize!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
POI wrote:

I hope you do go Mike...you'll be the only one I can recognize!!

You never know Charlie, good old atd boys like jon b and cerbera might be there laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 5:25 pm

green_genie wrote:
Presumably they'll not be daft enough to not open Zoo Corner for Potd? Might have to go back to Cherry. Do we wear carnations to form cabal?

A green cravat and a cracked monocle is all that is needed to be recognised by the cabal - whilst standing on one leg singing the Hungarian national anthem. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Stagecoach Boxing Day Buses in Plymouth

We will be operating special timetables on Boxing Day on services 1 and 2/2A

Service 1

Tavistock to Plymouth 0900 then hourly until 1700
Plymouth (Royal Parade) to Tavistock 1000 then hourly until 1800

Service 2/2A

Saltash (Fore St) to Royal Parade & Mount Batten from 0858 and at 28 & 58 mins past
the hour until 1658

Royal Parade to Mount Batten from 0930 and on the hour & 30 mins past the hour until 1730

Mount Batten to Royal Parade & Saltash from 0905 and at 05 & 35 mins past
the hour until 1705

There are also additional short journeys operating earlier and later, check full  Boxing Day timetable for details.

Roselyn coaches

Roselyn coach from cornwall are running to Home Park tomorrow phone 01726 813737 to make sure it is not full.

leaves Par depot at 1 o'clock. It currently has 31 booked on it. £10 return

Target travel

Argyle Special Buses are running as normal

NO CITY BUSES OR TRAINS ARE RUNNING ON BOXING DAY
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 11:03 pm

The Ticket Office is open between 9am-3pm on Saturdays

You can call the Ticket Office on 0845 872 3335

Between blocks 1 to 6 around 400 seats left and from blocks  7 to 14, 23 seats left (blocks 10-11-12-13 sold out block 14, 2 seats)

Block 18, one seat
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 1:23 am

Sounds like a healthy turnout then, 12k plus foreshore.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 6:59 am

I thought we would just scrape into 5 figures but appears we are comfortably going to exceed that number.
A Janner Revolution indeed
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 7:10 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
I thought we would just scrape into 5 figures but appears we are comfortably going to exceed that number.
A Janner Revolution indeed

Always the same at Xmas........lots of exiles, lapsed supporters and we are top of this dogshit division.

After Hull's elevation, Plymouth remains the largest city club in England never to have made the top flight and realised its potential.

Not much chance of that ever happening, if 'boxitinformyprofit' brent, has his way............ably supported and protected by his janner jamboys of course.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 7:37 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Sounds like a healthy turnout then, 12k plus foreshore.

Looks good main stand 52 seats left, it is block 1 and 2 where the most seats are left , I do not know if blocks 15 is open yet, because you can not buy these blocks 15,16,17 on line.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 9:24 am

Early pub today. drunken jocolor cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 9:44 am

Today program

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 10:44 am

i may forego the onesie today
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 10:52 am

main stand they have now released the top row (which are reserved for players family and friends etc )

block 1 down to 7 seats left,  1 t0 6, 96 seats are left, block 3 sold out

7 t0 8 15 seats 9 to 14 plus 18 are sold out,

I do not know if blocks 15 is open yet, because you can not buy these blocks 15,16,17 on line.

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 11:27 am

If there has been no need to open 15,16 & 17 then it won't be that big a crowd. A few in the wanky family stand and I dunno, a thousand Yeovil? Apart from that, empty from block 15 onwards. Sad

Argyle truly have become the masters of suppressing any chance of a proper football atmosphere at Home Park. Well dome James, you cnut.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 11:32 am

Czarcasm wrote:
If there has been no need to open 15,16 & 17 then it won't be that big a crowd. A few in the wanky family stand and I dunno, a thousand Yeovil? Apart from that, empty from block 15 onwards. Sad

18 sold out
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 11:36 am

Sorry TG. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread    Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boxing Day Argyle v Yeovil Match Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next