Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Live cup games (Exeter)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 12791
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Salford City, Didcot Town and FC United given TV ties

 
BBC and BT Sport have selected their televised ties, as The Emirates FA Cup gets into full swing next month.

Salford City play host to Notts County in front of the BBC cameras on Friday 6 November, with the first round proper match kicking off at 7.55pm and the programme starting at 7.30pm.


First round proper

Winning sides receive £18,000

Sides selected for live TV match coverage receive £67,500

Evo-Stik League Southern division Didcot Town, along with Northwich Victoria the lowest-ranked side in the competition, take on League Two Exeter City at 12pm on Sunday 8 November, with BT Sport 1’s coverage kicking off at 11.30am.

Finally, on Monday 9 November FC United of Manchester welcome Chesterfield and BT Sport to Broadhurst Park for a 7.45pm kick-off. Pre-match analysis begins at 7pm.

Each side receives £67,500 for taking part in the televised games.

BBC will be showing highlights of all Saturday's games online from 5.15pm.

BBC Final Score, at 2pm on Sunday, will feature eight further ties with all the goals and action as it happens.

Comprehensive highlights of all the weekend’s fixtures be shown on BBC on Sunday evening.

Friday 6 November
Salford City v Notts County (7.55pm) – Live on BBC

Sunday 8 November
Didcot Town v Exeter City (12pm) – Live on BT Sport

Monday 9 November
FC United Of Manchester v Chesterfield (7.45pm) – Live on BT Sport

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 4:18 pm

best get the cider in for the Exeter game
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9334
Join date : 2011-10-23

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 7:22 am

After watching the 1st part of the Class of '92 programme, looking forward to seeing the Salford game.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Fortunately I am working and will not have to watch the follow up to Curzon, Warrington and all the others.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9334
Join date : 2011-10-23

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Well, good evening stranger.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle



Posts : 2622
Join date : 2014-02-15

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
After watching the 1st part of the Class of '92 programme, looking forward to seeing the Salford game.

Really enjoyed the programme. Interestingly I could empathise with both sides - the new investors vs. The traditional supporters. In this case however these are investors who firstly don't need the money, genuinely want to help the local area and know their onions.

You can plainly see how lucky Fergie was to have that bunch and Gary Neville in particular would have been a force in the dressing room. Likeable and fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9334
Join date : 2011-10-23

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 8:02 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
After watching the 1st part of the Class of '92 programme, looking forward to seeing the Salford game.

Really enjoyed the programme. Interestingly I could empathise with both sides - the new investors vs. The traditional supporters. In this case however these are investors who firstly don't need the money, genuinely want to help the local area and know their onions.

You can plainly see how lucky Fergie was to have that bunch and Gary Neville in particular would have been a force in the dressing room. Likeable and fascinating.

2nd part of this 9pm tonight. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6509
Join date : 2014-03-30

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:30 pm

2 - 0 up against Notts County, just scored a brilliant 2nd, bullying County all over the park and outclassing them tbf.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6509
Join date : 2014-03-30

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:54 pm

2 nil ft, the magic of the cup, tough place to go if they play like that again.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Notts County were beyond poor, but Salford played really well. Deserved the win, hopefully we'll see more non league teams knocking out League clubs on the tellybox this weekend.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5938
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:41 pm

How shit were Notts County! Well done Salford. I hate Man Yoo but how i wish someone like the nevilles and co owned Argyle rather than Jimmy and the Freakshow!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:00 pm

What a shock, 100 grand in the skyrocket and the draw to look forward to while you boys concentrate on the JPT and the League.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
What a shock, 100 grand in the skyrocket and the draw to look forward to while you boys concentrate on the JPT and the League.

Congratulations. You beat a railway siding. You must be so proud.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
What a shock, 100 grand in the skyrocket and the draw to look forward to while you boys concentrate on the JPT and the League.

Congratulations. You beat a railway siding. You must be so proud.

Not so much proud as shocked, we have a long history of getting beaten by non league sides, how did you boys get on against Stourbridge and Dorchester? Jake Gosling, City Legend.

I watch a lot of non league football, if you bothered then you would know that these teams are no mugs.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Posts : 5205
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 61
Location : Tavistock area

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
What a shock, 100 grand in the skyrocket and the draw to look forward to while you boys concentrate on the JPT and the League.

Congratulations. You beat a railway siding. You must be so proud.

Not so much proud as shocked, we have a long history of getting beaten by non league sides, how did you boys get on against Stourbridge and Dorchester? Jake Gosling, City Legend.

I watch a lot of non league football, if you bothered then you would know that these teams are no mugs.

You certainly had ample opportunity to do so between 2003 and 2008.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6509
Join date : 2014-03-30

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:03 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
What a shock, 100 grand in the skyrocket and the draw to look forward to while you boys concentrate on the JPT and the League.

Congratulations. You beat a railway siding. You must be so proud.

Not so much proud as shocked, we have a long history of getting beaten by non league sides, how did you boys get on against Stourbridge and Dorchester? Jake Gosling, City Legend.

I watch a lot of non league football, if you bothered then you would know that these teams are no mugs.


All part of being a City fan Tis Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:39 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
What a shock, 100 grand in the skyrocket and the draw to look forward to while you boys concentrate on the JPT and the League.

Congratulations. You beat a railway siding. You must be so proud.

Not so much proud as shocked, we have a long history of getting beaten by non league sides, how did you boys get on against Stourbridge and Dorchester? Jake Gosling, City Legend.

I watch a lot of non league football, if you bothered then you would know that these teams are no mugs.

You certainly had ample opportunity to do so between 2003 and 2008.

To be fair much of the non league experience was far better than some of the shiite Tisdale has served up since, but Didcot and Stourbridge operate at a much lower level than we ever slipped to, I watch mostly Conference South stuff nowadays, cheap, generally entertaining and a far higher quality than you might expect.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Posts : 5205
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 61
Location : Tavistock area

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:04 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
What a shock, 100 grand in the skyrocket and the draw to look forward to while you boys concentrate on the JPT and the League.

Congratulations. You beat a railway siding. You must be so proud.

Not so much proud as shocked, we have a long history of getting beaten by non league sides, how did you boys get on against Stourbridge and Dorchester? Jake Gosling, City Legend.

I watch a lot of non league football, if you bothered then you would know that these teams are no mugs.

You certainly had ample opportunity to do so between 2003 and 2008.

To be fair much of the non league experience was far better than some of the shiite Tisdale has served up since, but Didcot and Stourbridge operate at a much lower level than we ever slipped to, I watch mostly Conference South stuff nowadays, cheap, generally entertaining and a far higher quality than you might expect.

No doubt it is. Watched and indeed played in a lot of local football over the years and there are some darned good players around. Some of the lads who played in the SW/Western leagues when I played against them for their Sunday teams were bleddy fit and there were some ex and future pro's playing like Chick Arundel, Joey Scott, Dave Pook, Mike Ham and Mark Damerell who knew what they were doing with a ball. You've got to be good to excel even in local football-interesting to see the background of Jamie Vardy, makes you wonder how many other lads could make the grade if given the chance.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 736
Join date : 2013-04-30

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Whenever I watch local football there always seems to be one player that stands out. Apart from the players' general technique what is it that makes scouts sit up and take notice.

I assume most players get noticed early on and join the academies now which wasn't the case years ago.

I'm thinking Mike Bickle, Derek Rickard, Fred Binney, Tony Kellow, Roy Carter. All were playing P&D league or south western football and then got spotted.

How do you 'get that chance' ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6509
Join date : 2014-03-30

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:05 pm

Greenskin wrote:
No doubt it is. Watched and indeed played in a lot of local football over the years and there are some darned good players around. Some of the lads who played in the SW/Western leagues when I played against them for their Sunday teams were bleddy fit and there were some ex and future pro's playing like Chick Arundel, Joey Scott, Dave Pook, Mike Ham and Mark Damerell who knew what they were doing with a ball. You've got to be good to excel even in local football-interesting to see the background of Jamie Vardy, makes you wonder how many other lads could make the grade if given the chance.


The name rings a bell, did he play on the wing?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Posts : 5205
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 61
Location : Tavistock area

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
No doubt it is. Watched and indeed played in a lot of local football over the years and there are some darned good players around. Some of the lads who played in the SW/Western leagues when I played against them for their Sunday teams were bleddy fit and there were some ex and future pro's playing like Chick Arundel, Joey Scott, Dave Pook, Mike Ham and Mark Damerell who knew what they were doing with a ball. You've got to be good to excel even in local football-interesting to see the background of Jamie Vardy, makes you wonder how many other lads could make the grade if given the chance.


The name rings a bell, did he play on the wing?

He did.Played a few games for Argyle and Torquay in the 1950's before dropping down into good standard local football.Played a few matches with him in the mid 1980's and he was still one hell of a player.Decent cricketer too and excellent snooker player,waltzed into our club one night and knocked in a quick 66 break-he did a lot of coaching with Andy Hicks,who reached the world semi final in the 1990's.Sadly,Chick died young,early 50's i think-came home from work one evening and just collapsed.Big loss to local sport.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6509
Join date : 2014-03-30

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
No doubt it is. Watched and indeed played in a lot of local football over the years and there are some darned good players around. Some of the lads who played in the SW/Western leagues when I played against them for their Sunday teams were bleddy fit and there were some ex and future pro's playing like Chick Arundel, Joey Scott, Dave Pook, Mike Ham and Mark Damerell who knew what they were doing with a ball. You've got to be good to excel even in local football-interesting to see the background of Jamie Vardy, makes you wonder how many other lads could make the grade if given the chance.


The name rings a bell, did he play on the wing?

He did.Played a few games for Argyle and Torquay in the 1950's before dropping down into good standard local football.Played a few matches with him in the mid 1980's and he was still one hell of a player.Decent cricketer too and excellent snooker player,waltzed into our club one night and knocked in a quick 66 break-he did a lot of coaching with Andy Hicks,who reached the world semi final in the 1990's.Sadly,Chick died young,early 50's i think-came home from work one evening and just collapsed.Big loss to local sport.


Thanks/OK A genuine all round natural sportsman by the sound of it, we don't seem to produce anywhere near as many as we used to back in the day, a lack of sports in schools perhaps? The computer/internet generation? Who knows.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Posts : 3040
Join date : 2011-11-23

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 1:53 pm

Les Miserable wrote:


Thanks/OK  A genuine all round natural sportsman by the sound of it, we don't seem to produce anywhere near as many as we used to back in the day, a lack of sports in schools perhaps? The computer/internet generation? Who knows.


I think it is more to do with specialising at much younger ages, I'm sure you remember John Scott who played rugby for England and the Lions, he was a very talented footballer who was offered pro contracts by a number of clubs, and played basketball to a high standard. I am sure that nowadays he would have been in the Chief's academy and under orders from the age of 13.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 9334
Join date : 2011-10-23

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Who was it Ian Botham played for in the cricket off-season? Scunthorpe?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6509
Join date : 2014-03-30

Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:


Thanks/OK  A genuine all round natural sportsman by the sound of it, we don't seem to produce anywhere near as many as we used to back in the day, a lack of sports in schools perhaps? The computer/internet generation? Who knows.


I think it is more to do with specialising at much younger ages, I'm sure you remember John Scott who played rugby for England and the Lions, he was a very talented footballer who was offered pro contracts by a number of clubs, and played basketball to a high standard. I am sure that nowadays he would have been in the Chief's academy and under orders from the age of 13.


Yeah, I'm sure that plays a big part in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Live cup games (Exeter) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live cup games (Exeter)   Live cup games (Exeter) Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Live cup games (Exeter)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: